GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

GitRDone's Week 2 NCAA plays 8-2 YTD

Aight fellows, time to GITRDONE this week and make some more money. After studying the lines exhaustively, here is what I am playing in Week 2. Best of luck to everyone as always!

5-0 YTD ATS
    3-2 YTD O/U
    8-2 YTD Overall

ATS

Central Michigan -3

The Chippewas looked about as bad as you could look in Week 1 but expect that to change in Week 2. Their powerful offense did nothing against Kansas while the defense also struggled. Fortunately for them, they are playing a Toledo squad whose defense got absolutely lit up by Purdue on their home field. Parmalee had a good game running the ball but their QB's Opelt and Cochran did absolutely nothing and no one knows who will get the starting gig this week. In a game involving 2 teams with a bruised ego, I'll gladly take the defending MAC champs at home in this one. The Chippewas beat Toledo last year 42-20 on the road so playing at home this year against them should result in win #1 and gain some confidence heading into a tough road game against Purdue.

Michigan -7.5

I don't need to anyone what happened last week to Michigan but it won't happen this week. If you thought Michigan's defense looked bad, you should check to see what Houston's RB Anthony Aldridge did against the Duck defense. How about 22 carries for 205 yards, yes that's right 205 yards. Up next, Mike Hart, watch out. I could go on and on but I won't. To put in simply, I don't trust Dixon on the road and Michigan will be hungry and pissed off after last week's debacle. Michigan wins and they win by 17+ points.

Texas -9.5

Sure Texas looked bad against Arkansas St. Were they looking forward to TCU, maybe. After further review of this game, TCU has a lot more question marks than Texas does. First off, TCU QB Aaron Dalton is just a RS freshman. This is by far the biggest game of his life. He struggled to produce long drives against Baylor, only capitalizing on short fields that the defense gave him. Throw in the fact that starting RB Aaron Brown was injured against Baylor and is questionable (although will likely play). Can Dalton play the game of his life to keep TCU in this game, I doubt it. Look for Texas to come out more focused and jump on TCU and force TCU's offense to come from behind. Advantage Texas and they should win by double digits as TCU's offense still has a lot to prove this year.

Hawaii -27.5

Hawaii should have the spread covered by halftime. They are playing one of the worse teams in the WAC who did very little offensively against Central Arkansas in Week 1. They were outgained 386-261 yards on their home field. QB Zac Champion only threw for 71 yards on 12 completions. Colt Brennan will throw at will on a very bad La Tech secondary who allowed 43 points vs D1 teams last year. Hawaii will hang 50+ points on La Tech and cover the spread rather easily.

Virginia Tech +12.5

In what should be a defensive struggle, I see this game being close until the very end. Virgina Tech got through the tough first week of emotions and will be ready to play in this one. LSU will also play well but their defense won't get 6 turnovers from Glennon this week. Look for LSU to win but the Hokies will cover.

TOTALS

Navy/Rutgers over 48

Navy has a lot of question marks on defense which will lead to plenty of Rutgers points. Navy should be able to put a couple scores on the board and combine that with Rutgers points, the game will go over.

Ball St/E Michigan over 43

Both teams have below average defenses and this total seems too low for me. E Michigan has always played better at home and should be able to move the ball on Ball St. Ball St has an explosive offense with maybe the best QB in the MAC (Nate Davis). I see some points in this game.

South Carolina/Georgia under 45

This SEC showdown should be a low scoring affair. I am not convinced Georgia's offense is more improved than last year and starting Gamecock QB Mitchell will be a little rusty in his debut. I see a 24-14 type of game.

So Miss/Tennessee under 50

So Miss has a good defense and an offense that isn't explosive but moves the ball well via the ground. Tennessee will have a tougher time moving the ball on So Miss' defense than they did against Cal. Look for Tennessee's defense to play better and this could turn out to be a really good game.

Let's GitRDone this week everyone, best of luck!
    Last edited by GitRDone; 09-06-07 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Adding the totals picks

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan should have been pissed off by the 2 bashings they took to end the year. Yea they can score against Oregon but that D that gave up 34 vs APP St. has to stop a much better offense this week. Hart can run for 200 but you still have to play D.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like your style of taking teams that looked bad the week before (except H). I'm only on Michigan with you, but I think you have a nice card here. Good luck.

GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks Razz, hopefully the analysis that looks good on paper will be played out on the field to my delight. I have my complete card that I will be playing. I hope to continue with another solid week this week. I wish everyone nothing but the best of luck this week.

GitRDone

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

with you on Michigan...GL gitrdone...