Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Georgia/South Cackolacki

Why should we not unload on UGA -4.5 in this situation? I know that the Gamecocks have some talent, but look what Georgia did to the Cowboys last week who actually have a pretty good team... USC did not look very good last week... I know they didn't have Mitchell playing, but he lost his best target in Sidney Rice... With Georgia's tough D and their ability to put points on the board now, I don't see how the Bulldogs don't win by atleast 10 here!

Anyone else on board with this play? I think UGA is for real this year!

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06 View Post
    Why should we not unload on UGA -4.5 in this situation?
    One word: Spurrier.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ga owns South Carolina and shut them out last year. Only 2nd time Spurrier been shut out. He owned them at Florida but Gamecocks are not Gators.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    One word: Spurrier.
    I understand and respect that Spurrier is their coach, but they just don't have a whole bunch of talent... I know Mitchell didn't play last week, but they only beat the Ragin Cajuns of LA Lafayette by 2 scores! Georgia beat a QUALITY team in the likes of Okla St. by 3 TD's! Spurrier is a great coach and all, but BETWEEN THE HEDGES the Bulldogs will win this game by atleast 10!

Peyton2MarvinN06

Sorry, I'm really caught up in Capping this game... I just don't see any way that the Bulldogs don't win this sucker by atleast 2 field goals for the cover! Honestly... They beat a BETTER South Carolina team last year 18-0 @ USC! If Georgia's offense is clicking this could be a rout like the Okla State game last week! I'm barking with the Dog Pound loudly for this Saturday matchup gentlemen! Someone tell me their rollin with me! Do Work Doggies!

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma State's defense has a tendency to make the opponent's offense look very good. We're talking about a team that hasn't allowed fewer than 30 points in a true road game in over two seasons, so UGA putting up 35 really isn't anything special. And while UGA's defense looked good last week, it's still a unit with two returning starters. I believe USC is the play here, though I was hoping the oddsmakers would be a little more generous.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Alright, so Okla State has a shvtty defense and the Dogs put up a 35 spot last weekend... At any rate, if the Gamecocks are able to keep this one close, the UGA will use their home crowd to win this one by atleast 6... Razz, as you said, I think this line is a little low... I would take UGA all the way up to -6 or 6.5 probably... I just really think the home field advantage will rule out here and the Dogs cover the relatively small spread in this one...

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I understand and respect that Spurrier is their coach, but they just don't have a whole bunch of talent... I know Mitchell didn't play last week, but they only beat the Ragin Cajuns of LA Lafayette by 2 scores! Georgia beat a QUALITY team in the likes of Okla St. by 3 TD's! Spurrier is a great coach and all, but BETWEEN THE HEDGES the Bulldogs will win this game by atleast 10!

I'm not playing this game, as I was hoping to get 6.5/7 and take SC. I don't put much stock in Georgia putting up 35 on OSU, because as Razz says, OSU's defense is a joke. SC's defense poses a much more serious threat, and Stafford is still largely unproven at OB. UGA's defense is still a huge question mark, and I think Mitchell will do some damage against an inexperienced secondary. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if SC won this game outright.

Good luck.

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yo P2M,
    I was actually leaning UGA-6 being @Hm & all, but I wouldn't unload since they've only played one game so far. They may be cocky & sloppy after last weeks performance..... however I do "feel" they cover -6 though.

GL if you hit it up.

SECfan23
    SECfan23's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was at this game and it was not that close. SC used 2 quaterbacks with little to no experience. We also saw probably 15% of Spurriers playbook. The only reason Lafayette scored is because they run a lot of misdirection that the D-line couldnt figure out. The Gamecocks should play Georgia pretty tough here.

Peyton2MarvinN06

Quote Originally Posted by SECfan23 View Post
    I was at this game and it was not that close. SC used 2 quaterbacks with little to no experience. We also saw probably 15% of Spurriers playbook. The only reason Lafayette scored is because they run a lot of misdirection that the D-line couldnt figure out. The Gamecocks should play Georgia pretty tough here.
    SECfan, I appreciate the knowledge brotha... I agree that the Gamecocks should and will probably play UGA tough this Saturday, but @ 4.5, I have to go with the Bulldogs to cover this... OK, so I haven't unloaded on UGA, but I do have 2 units on them to cover this low spread... I really think it should be around 6 or 7... Bulldogs win on Saturday by 10! RRRRRRUUUUUUUUUFFFFFF!

pokernut9999

With you all the way !!!!

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

2 units on UGA here. I really like them at -5.5 but I'm not going to unload on any team so early in the season.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I made the line around +8 for this game...was going to play USC, but have backed off due to the number and out of respect to UGA...

SECfan23

Just some more food for thought on this weekends game. Im hearing a lot of people count USC out b/c of their poor performance last week. Here are a few highlights from that poor performance that I saw:

1. ULL didn't score in the second half.
    2. We played using our 2nd and 3rd string QBs.
    3. We had 433 offensive yards.
    4. Our main man on defense, Linebacker Jasper Brinkley didn't log his usual PT and played injured.(high ankle sprain but returned to the game)
    5. We were missing other starters on defense.(starting SS for one)
    6. ULL had just three possessions of over 5 plays and 20 yards.
    7. We had almost 200 rushing yards (not too shabby and more than UGA's rushing game against Ok St., even though we played so horribly).

Just a few stats to make everyone loaded up on the dawgs think twice.

Good Luck

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by SECfan23 View Post
    Just some more food for thought on this weekends game. Im hearing a lot of people count USC out b/c of their poor performance last week. Here are a few highlights from that poor performance that I saw:

1. ULL didn't score in the second half.
    2. We played using our 2nd and 3rd string QBs.
    3. We had 433 offensive yards.
    4. Our main man on defense, Linebacker Jasper Brinkley didn't log his usual PT and played injured.(high ankle sprain but returned to the game)
    5. We were missing other starters on defense.(starting SS for one)
    6. ULL had just three possessions of over 5 plays and 20 yards.
    7. We had almost 200 rushing yards (not too shabby and more than UGA's rushing game against Ok St., even though we played so horribly).

Just a few stats to make everyone loaded up on the dawgs think twice.

Good Luck
    Georgia shut out same team last year on the Gamecocks home field. Georgia shut out Oklahoma St. in the 2nd half last week and they have a superior offense compared to the Gamecocks. And oh yea they have lost the last 5 to Georgia with 16 points I believe being their high point total in those losses.

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I'll be at the game, so I will probably have action on Georgia...

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I like this game quite a bit, but don't like a side.

UNDER

SECfan23

The under is probably the smartest plan. Georgia O line isnt great and the gamecocks have one of the best set of linebackers in the country. The gamecocks also dont know which quaterback will show up to play. Mitchell played awful at the beginning of the season last year but finished great. With him missing last week, who knows how he will play. I see it being a low scoring game and I think that favors the gamecocks. Their kicker Ryan Succop is money from 45 or less and can probably make 75% from the 55 yd range. He could win it with a field goal.

SECfan23

Where's the love? I dont think I could have picked the stroy of this game any better...

Go gamecocks!

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

wow looks like most of us were wrong.......sorry bulldogs....