gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan finishes at least 9-3, and Appalachian State wins their 3rd D-1AA title.....

That's what I predict.

I believe the voters made a mistake when they made Michigan the first AP Top 5 team since 1968 to drop completely out of the AP Poll in just one week.

On November 17th, Michigan will host Ohio State and I believe that when the game is over, the Wolverines will be sitting at no worse than 9-3, and deserving of a Top 25 spot, if not a Top 15 spot.

IMHO, the voters have completely overreacted to this loss by Michigan. App State is not your typical D-1AA team as they have speed to burn and would likely beat about 50-60 D-1A teams on any given Saturday. Hell, App State is probably better than at least 4 teams in the BIG-10 alone: Illinois, Northwestern, Indiana, and Minnesota. Just look at what App State has done to Wake Forest over the yrs. A decade ago they damn near beat Auburn down there, too.

Very, very big overreaction here by the voters, and not nearly enough respect for App State.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think App St. will win there 3rd straight this year. The teams in that division know all about App St, and can and will exploit them this year.

gridironguy

Dan, the teams in 1-AA knew about App St last year because of the 2005 championship, and all the Mountaineers did was win it again in 2006!

The secret has been out about App St for many years now -- it's just that 95% of the college football watching public did not know about them. Many others including myself, did.

john pavlic
    john pavlic's Avatar Become A Pro!

You somehow think they just magicly fix there awful D overnight to go 9-3? They will lose at least four, maybe 6

gridironguy

John, look at their schedule. I don't believe most of those teams are good enough offensively to exploit Michigan's weak D.

I'm gonna stick by what I'm saying: 9-3 at worst.

You need to pick a record and stick with it. Don't say 4 losses, maybe 6. Pick a record and post it. We'll come back on the evening of November 17th and if I'm wrong, I'll be the first to say it..

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Wouldn't surprise me at all if UM wins out and is back in the Rose Bowl. The schedule is favorable - they get PSU and OSU at home, and while @ Wiscy will be tough, I think the Badgers are woefully overrated.

Sure, UM's defense is the weak link, but it can only improve, and few teams (if any) in the Big 10 have the type of team speed that App. St used to exploit the Wolverines. On the other side of the ball, UM's offense is still loaded.

Michigan will be fine.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

9-3 seems fair enough.