Scalamanga
    Scalamanga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Rutgers vs. Navy

Rutgers -15.5

Last Year Rutgers destroyed Navy on the road 34-0. Navy lost a few key players on offense. Also, Rutgers was just starting to be recognized as a solid football team. This year Navy allows Temple of all teams to score 19 on them and last time I checked Rutgers is far more dominate than Temple. I feel Rutgers could cover without Ray Rice in the game. Does anyone agree with this???

t2wentyfou4r
    t2wentyfou4r's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with you. Navy is not the same Navy the last couple of years. Navy struggled against Temple last week. Freakin Temple, the worst college program in D1 football. Rutgers will destroy them.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would not say they struggled. 1ST half they outgained them 284 to 109. Take a fumble away and failure to score td's twice at 1st and goal and game is a blowout. No different then Texas 1st game. Is Texas bad too? Or USC ?
    one game does not make a season. By the way Rutgers was playing the worst team In NCAA. the only team Temple beat last year.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I like Navy in this spot.

sirwinzalot
    sirwinzalot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Me too Buddy Bear, if I can get +17.5 on Navy I will pound them.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think I like Navy as well. Remember, that blowout last year was a game in which Navy was favored but had their starting QB leave the game in the 1Q with an injury. The Hawaiian kid that is there now came in and played, but it's a huge difference getting thrown into the middle of the game and having all year to prepare for this game - which they basically did with Temple the first game of the year. Navy is historically a fantastic underdog because they play defense, take time off the clock, frustrate the opponent, and are well coached. Add in that Rutgers is IMO a bit overrated by the oddsmakers, and I think a play on Navy is in order.

Hawaiian time
    Hawaiian time's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Would not say they struggled. 1ST half they outgained them 284 to 109. Take a fumble away and failure to score td's twice at 1st and goal and game is a blowout. No different then Texas 1st game. Is Texas bad too? Or USC ?
    one game does not make a season. By the way Rutgers was playing the worst team In NCAA. the only team Temple beat last year.
    EXCUSES ARE LIKE ASSHOLES THEY ALL STINK LOL

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawaiian time View Post
    EXCUSES ARE LIKE ASSHOLES THEY ALL STINK LOL
    Was not using excuses. Just showing they did not struggle. People judge the spread as who controlled the game. Navy had control the whole way. Excuses are the guy who said last week " I can't cap a guy throwing 6 int's" I still could not figure how he capped Miss St. anyhow. Oh well. Opinions are like assholes and everyone has one.

GitRDone
    GitRDone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    I think I like Navy as well. Remember, that blowout last year was a game in which Navy was favored but had their starting QB leave the game in the 1Q with an injury. The Hawaiian kid that is there now came in and played, but it's a huge difference getting thrown into the middle of the game and having all year to prepare for this game - which they basically did with Temple the first game of the year. Navy is historically a fantastic underdog because they play defense, take time off the clock, frustrate the opponent, and are well coached. Add in that Rutgers is IMO a bit overrated by the oddsmakers, and I think a play on Navy is in order.
    Oh how the defense has changed. Navy had to replace 6 out of the starting front 7 this year along with 2 out of the back 4. That's right, 8 defensive starters from last year are gone. They struggled against the mighty Temple Owls offense allowing their dynamic QB to complete 21-29 of passes. Navy has a lot of question marks on the defensive side of the ball so if Teel continues to make plays for Rutgers, they should have no trouble moving up and down the field against a porous Navy defense. When the line came out, I initially thought it was too low. After further review, I think Rutgers is the play here. Still have a couple of days to think about it in more depth.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

slight lean to Navy...at +17 I'd consider it, but probably still won't end up playing it...

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

Navy has traditionally (at least the past few years) been a good team to back. I think Navy getting two TDs and a FG is a good pick...but not a five star. Probably two stars.