BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Problem with Florida State...

Is Bobby Bowden; I don't care what he did for the program, he should have retired 7 years ago. Players want a coach they can relate to and a coach that is going to put some points up on the board. If I am the best running back coming out of highschool, I'm going to a college that will give me a great chance to make the NFL. FSU is great at producing defensive players for the NFL but name a great offensive player to come out of FSU in the past 5 years?

Jeff Bowden, who the boosters had to pay $500K to fire, ruined the offensive threat of the team when he took over. He had no business being in that role and set the school back at least 10 years.

They should have gone after a young and innovative coach like Florida did with Urban Meyer. Miami and UF will now pull most of the recruits and teams like USF and UCF will grab some as well.

Bowden has become a selfish old man who is all about staking his name to a record; thank god the AD at FSU is gone soon and some new blood can clean house.

Time to step down Bobby while you still have some pride left and take that crappy coach of a son with you. I for one am sick of the "dagummits" and the stupid looks on his face when his team is getting their butts kicked.

Go after Rich Rodriguez and bring some pride back to a team that finished in the top 5 for 10 + years.
    Last edited by BatemanPatrickl; 09-04-07 at 05:44 AM. Reason: SPELLING

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Name a great offensive player out of Florida or West Virginia in the last 5 years in the NFL

cincy_1
    cincy_1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Name a great offensive player out of Florida or West Virginia in the last 5 years in the NFL
    Chris Henry - 8 games
    Pacman Jones - 16 games
    Bob Huggins - DUI felon

They are all offensive.

BatemanPatrickl

Wasn't my main point but thank you for once again adding shit to a thread.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry for correcting you misguided points

BatemanPatrickl

Sorry for correcting you misguided points
    How were my points misguided; FSU's offense sucks and Bobby/Jeff Bowden are to blame.

I was asking someone to name pro players from every university in the country. Find something else to do with your time

crackerjack
    crackerjack's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4099

I agree with you BP. Bowden needs to go. Same with Joe Paterno and Fisher Deberry at Air Force (wait, he did leave...finally!).

I agree with all the points you made...

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

Amen BP Im thru with the Seminoles, I thought they would turn things around this year and got burned. No more, I may start next year waiting till week 2 of college. These pre-season polls are for the birds.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4639

The problem with Florida State is they need to schedule a cupcake for the first game like most the rest of the top schools. To get that first win under your belt, so if you have a rusty first half, you might be able to recover in the 2nd.

They are always scheduling a conference game like Miami or Clemson.

Go play Youngstown State the first week, geez.