ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Appy State to Lose Next Week, Michigan to Win Big

It's the old Bounce Theory.

This looks like the perfect application for it. (Or Appylication)

Michigan is home vs Oregon. Despite the big loss, they should nonetheless be a fave, maybe even by a TD. Bounce Theory would have them winning big, to again hold their heads high.

Appy State will be greeted by an hysterical (if small) crowd when they hit Boone, NC. And they wll be high as the sky all week, with national media calling, etc.

By Thursday or Friday or so, they will start to come down. By next Saturday, game day, they will be flat as a pancake.

They play something called Lenoir-Rhyne. Is this a beauty school type of college? Well, nevermind, if local handbooks in and around Boone are posting the game (doubt that even 5 Dimes will touch !AA vs 1AA) I'd get down hard on the beauticians (no pun intended) and watch 'em cover easily.

Bounce in Action

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hardly doubt they will lose. They are 2 time defending 1-AA champs and preseaon #1

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Maybe if Appalachian State played another D-1A team, but not in their division. They should win.

Michigan is going to have a tough time with the speedy Ducks. That is blindly saying anyway, without looking at the match up.

ritehook

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    I hardly doubt they will lose. They are 2 time defending 1-AA champs and preseaon #1
    I mean vs the spread. Likely there will be one - the North
    Caroilina locals wll post one. I know in some parts of the South they put up numbers for high school games.

They'd have to make it big enough to tempt the local bettors to get on the beauty college. If I were there I'd be all over Lenoir like a vampire on a plump virgin

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Your right sir. They probably will run the table until they get into the playoffs. After that anything can and most likely will happen.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ritehook View Post
    Maybe so. But Michigan could come out flat after sulking all week that their chances for the national championship are gone.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Michigan will win

armyoflovers
    Robyn + 3.5 men
    armyoflovers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan has these big ambitions (i.e. grandiose illusions) of winning the national championship each year and each year an early-season loss changes all of that. Mich doesnt have any reason to regroup and play better, they have already mailed it in. What a pathetic and embarrassing loss. The players and coaches will not be able to shake this one:

Oregon 47
    Mich 20

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

I can't believe App state won, love it I have property just outside of Boone and pass by that school on the way to Charlotte's airport. Wow, this is a little hick town I bet them boys are pounding the moonshine. Good for them
    and NO they will not lose next week!

LargeMouthBass
    LargeMouthBass's Avatar Become A Pro!

If capping games were this easy, everyone would be rich...

greg66
    greg66's Avatar Become A Pro!

I mean vs the spread. Likely there will be one - the North
    Caroilina locals wll post one. I know in some parts of the South they put up numbers for high school games.

They'd have to make it big enough to tempt the local bettors to get on the beauty college. If I were there I'd be all over Lenoir like a vampire on a plump virgin
    If I had to post a line I would say App -45 vs. Lenoir Rhyne. LR is a former NAIA school that now plays in Div II. They are picked last in their conference and got beat last week by Va Union. Interesting fact they are coached by 2 time NCAA and former Duke coach Fred Goldsmith. Letdown or not ASU can name the score here.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Michigan was over rated last year as I pointed out many times before and they are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over rated this year... The guys that put the polls out don't know the difference between sh*t and sugar the first few weeks of the season... Michigan is NOT even a top 25 team...

The bounce theory may come into play but for it to I think Michigan needs a new offensive line and the QB like the rest of the team is over rated...

On a FG/PAT you have tight splits and EVERYBODY blocks down... It's not hard and BOTH TIMES IN A ROW they broke down... The average kick takes 1.4 seconds from snap to foot/ball contact and those sorry f*cks couldn't even hold'em out...

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

This looks like the perfect application for it. (Or Appylication)

Appy State will be greeted by an hysterical (if small) crowd when they hit Boone, NC. And they wll be high as the sky all week, with national media calling, etc.

By Thursday or Friday or so, they will start to come down. By next Saturday, game day, they will be flat as a pancake.

They play something called Lenoir-Rhyne. Is this a beauty school type of college? Well, nevermind, if local handbooks in and around Boone are posting the game (doubt that even 5 Dimes will touch !AA vs 1AA) I'd get down hard on the beauticians (no pun intended) and watch 'em cover easily.

Bounce in Action
    I agree this would appear to be a perfect time for the Bounce in Action, but it's not going to happen.

ASU is VERY tough at home. They'll beat L-R by 21 points.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan defense has now been shredded 3 straight games.

QUACK QUACK coming to town , make that 4 straight !!!!

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by greg66 View Post
    If I had to post a line I would say App -45 vs. Lenoir Rhyne. LR is a former NAIA school that now plays in Div II. They are picked last in their conference and got beat last week by Va Union. Interesting fact they are coached by 2 time NCAA and former Duke coach Fred Goldsmith. Letdown or not ASU can name the score here.
    Agree. Even if App. State shows up uninterested. Even if it's close (which I don't expect it to be) at half time. They will roll over L-R.

ritehook

Quote Originally Posted by greg66 View Post
    If Lenoir-Rhyne is a Div II school, and a bad one at that, and playing the top one in Div I-A (or the Championship Division, as I think the NCAA now calls it - Div I is the Bowl Div?) no one but locals will post the game. And with Appymania rampant in Western Carolina, few will bet against them unless the line is as fat as a Tobacco Road pig just before slaughter.

For anyone living in that area, if you do have contact with a local, just out of curiosity get whatever line they may post on that game and report it to this board. Sounds like anything less than 50 would be a shock.

greg66
    greg66's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Lenoir-Rhyne is a Div II school, and a bad one at that, and playing the top one in Div I-A (or the Championship Division, as I think the NCAA now calls it - Div I is the Bowl Div?) no one but locals will post the game. And with Appymania rampant in Western Carolina, few will bet against them unless the line is as fat as a Tobacco Road pig just before slaughter.

For anyone living in that area, if you do have contact with a local, just out of curiosity get whatever line they may post on that game and report it to this board. Sounds like anything less than 50 would be a shock.
    I live in the area in fact my wife goes to LR. I doubt anyone here posts a line. Lenoir Rhyne is just plain bad.