gridironguy
    gridironguy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan could be 8-1 by the time they play Michigan State......

They will likely be favored in the next 8 games. Sure, they just got ambushed at home by a D-1AA powerhouse, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. I don't believe Michigan is as bad as they looked today.

How many people realize that Appalachian State was 26-4 in the past 2 seasons and had won the 1-AA championship 2 yrs in a row.

Appalachian is better than about 50 D-1A programs. I would know, I have seen them play quite a few times in the past few years.

Don't sleep on Michigan -- they might still make a run, and the chances are better than people think..

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by gridironguy View Post

How many people realize that Appalachian State was 26-4 in the past 2 seasons and had won the 1-AA championship 2 yrs in a row.
    I did

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I did as well.

But I would be more surprised if Michigan covered most those games.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

gridiron is drinking tonight

gridironguy

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    gridiron is drinking tonight
    LOL

john pavlic
    john pavlic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea they will make a run, just like Colorado did after losing to a 1-AA program last!! They just rolled the rest of the season!!!!

john pavlic

Grand Valley State has won d3 titles forever does that mean they are as good as 50 1A programs no. The wait diffrence of the players alone should tell you that there was no way they should have blocked 2 fg's today, If you can't block smaller men on fg atp's then you are going to have problems all year long!

gridironguy

Pavlic, no comparison between Colorado circa 2006 and Michigan circa 2007. Colorado lost to a D3 team, which is much worse than losing to the 2 time D-1AA champion like Michigan just did.

Michigan will finish with a good record and go to a decent bowl, unlike Colorado who was in Hawkins first year and was a crappy team. They finished 2-10 last yr after losing that first game -- no way that happens at Michigan this yr.

john pavlic

not saying they will go 2-10, but they play oregon next week, another spread team. They easily could lose that one, they go 8-4 this year. Carr better fire English the def cord for giving up over 120 points in there last 3 games.

gridironguy

Dude, Ron English will likely be their next head coach!

3 games does not decide whether a guy is a good coach or not. This game today was a terrible defensive showing, but their last 2 losses were to Ohio State and USC -- one game in Columbus and the other in LA. The Buckeyes and the Trojans in 2006 were two of the top 5 or 6 teams in the country!

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I see Michigan playing very well next week....in fact, I am almost certain I'll be betting them. As unpopular as Lloyd Carr is with the media and fans, his players like him a lot. Don't be mislead by the Houston/Oregon score today. This sets up a great betting opportunity. Michigan should roll next week easily. Oregon very undisciplined team and does not play all that well away from home.....they've lost the last two trips out to Big Ten country (East Lansing in '99 and Madison in '01).

Michigan to me, is still the Big Ten favorites.

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

Pavlic, no comparison between Colorado circa 2006 and Michigan circa 2007. Colorado lost to a D3 team, which is much worse than losing to the 2 time D-1AA champion like Michigan just did.

Michigan will finish with a good record and go to a decent bowl, unlike Colorado who was in Hawkins first year and was a crappy team. They finished 2-10 last yr after losing that first game -- no way that happens at Michigan this yr.
    Colorado absolutely did not lose to a D3 team last year. They lost to Montana St, a 1-AA team. And they were coming off of a year when they went to the Big 12 Championship game. Get your facts straight.

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

Guys what was the line in the Mich loss on Saturday?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Michigan -30.5 at 5 Dimes, the only book I know off that booked the game.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Drunkin' whatever it is you're smokin'.. I WANT SOME!!

BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    Drunkin' whatever it is you're smokin'.. I WANT SOME!!

ShamsWoof10

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Take Michigan next week then and your eyes will roll for a different reason...

BatemanPatrickl

Take Michigan next week then and your eyes will roll for a different reason...

I am not a Big Ten fan and would not bet on Michigan.
    Last edited by BatemanPatrickl; 09-02-07 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Spelling

ShamsWoof10

Quote Originally Posted by BatemanPatrickl View Post
    Is that your lock of the week, or is the weed you started smoking so early in the day giving you confidence? Maybe daddy woke you up today and asked you to attend another anti-American, anti-Christian, anti-white conference.
    Ok Willie I'm tellin ya' NOW!!! Get your abundant as* in here and stop your little girl before I start... Once I start I will have to get banned this time before I stop...

BatemanPatrickl

Ok Willie I'm tellin ya' NOW!!! Get your abundant as* in here and stop your little girl before I start... Once I start I will have to get banned this time before I stop...

Putting words in my mouth now?

ShamsWoof10

Yeah you better edit that... That's what I thought!!!! Just incase you are that stupid the original still shows up where I quoted it...

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    I see Michigan playing very well next week....in fact, I am almost certain I'll be betting them. As unpopular as Lloyd Carr is with the media and fans, his players like him a lot. Don't be mislead by the Houston/Oregon score today. This sets up a great betting opportunity. Michigan should roll next week easily. Oregon very undisciplined team and does not play all that well away from home.....they've lost the last two trips out to Big Ten country (East Lansing in '99 and Madison in '01).
    BB,
    Overall I agree with you...
    My only concern for Michigan next week is that Orgeon has some team speed at the skill positions that gave UM so much trouble yesterday against the Mountaineers. It's hard to tackle them if you can't catch them (as the Big Blue found out yesterday).

gridironguy

Big win for Michigan. Perhaps they can be 7-2 going into the MSU game..