View Poll Results: Where does the Appalachian State's win over Michigan rank all-time among college foot

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Ever

7 41.18%
  • Top 5

7 41.18%
  • Top 10

1 5.88%
  • Not in Top 10

2 11.76%
    onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4567

Appalachian State's win over Michigan

Where does the Appalachian State's win over Michigan rank all-time among college football upsets?

• Greatest ever
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Not in Top 10

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

In college football...Yes. In college sports NO. Chaminade's win over Virginia in the Maui invitational has to be the biggest upset in college sports history IMO.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    In college football...Yes. In college sports NO. Chaminade's win over Virginia in the Maui invitational has to be the biggest upset in college sports history IMO.
    The question is for college football. Read the poll Dan, even though it got cut off, you should of grasped that.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I know what your saying looker. However, I'm just adding something new to the discussion.

nep1293
    nep1293's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really don't think this can be answered right now. If Michigan ends up 7-5 and in the Alamo Bowl it kinda loses some of its luster. If they recover and win the Big Ten it would surely be 1 of the biggest upsets in history. Lots of teams have been in the top 10 preseason and end the season in mediocrity.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i see your point nep1293, but in my oppinion, its one of the biggest in college football because of the expectations Michigan had this year, and because i took Michigan and the points and lost. i don't care how good of a div-2 school Appl. St. is/was/are , they shouldn't even be in a game against a powerhouse like Michigan.

ms61853
    ms61853's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Where does the Appalachian State's win over Michigan rank all-time among college football upsets?

• Greatest ever
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Not in Top 10
    What about Ole Miss' 1977 upset of Notre Dame early in that season? Notre Dame went on to win the national championship. Ole Miss lost to Southern Miss the next week, and their coach was fired at the end of the season.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

greatest i can remember, especially at Michigan

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

I feel it is the Greatest Ever. Just the fact of a D-1AA school going to the Big House and beating up on Michigan. A #5 team that had a good shot at challenging for the National Title.

By the way, I want one of those "Michigan Who? 34-32" T-Shirts.

prickbeater101
    prickbeater101's Avatar Become A Pro!

What the hell was that press conference Lloyd Carr called today about? To whine and cry about how bad they played instead of manning up and admiting they played a very good football team and how they could cause other D1 schools problems? Nooo, hell I thought he was resigning or firing some assistant coaches. Nope. A complete waste of tv air space. My daughter's jr high school has an open date next year for their opening game if he interested..and he better be ready to play...

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

God no. Not in the top twenty.