bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texas WR Pittman suspended for borrowing car

Texas has sure had it's fair share of off season incidents this year.

Longhorns WR Pittman gets 3-game suspension for borrowing car

AUSTIN -- The Texas Longhorns suspended wide receiver Billy Pittman for three games Friday after learning he broke amateurism rules by borrowing a friend's car this summer.

In a statement, the No. 4 Longhorns did not identify the friend but said the person had no connections to the school.

Pittman, a senior, was already going to miss Saturday's game against Arkansas State with a shoulder injury. He will be eligible to return Sept. 22 against Rice.

"I want everyone to know I'm really sorry," Pittman said. "It was an honest mistake and I'll do everything I can to make up for it."

Pittman has 69 catches for 1,206 yards and nine touchdowns over the last two seasons.

"Our football staff talked with Billy as soon as they became aware of the situation and turned over their information to our compliance office," Texas men's athletic director DeLoss Dodds said in the statement. "Billy has been very forthcoming throughout the process, and we conducted a thorough department and university investigation."

Pittman is the latest Texas player suspended for off-the-field issues this summer. Linebacker Sergio Kindle and defensive end Henry Melton are also suspended three games after both were charged with DWI.

A third player, freshman linebacker Dre Jones, was suspended indefinitely after being charged with aggravated robbery. A fourth player, former safety Robert Joseph, was charged in the same incident. Joseph had already left the team after being arrested in a separate incident over the summer.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

we thought it would be sweed all along and it ends up being pitmann out...

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

as you stated, was already out for a shoulder injury....won't matter

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

let's do it tomorrow austin...

jaffers
    jaffers's Avatar Become A Pro!

so much fo rmy twelve to one to win the championship this year... although the first three games shouldn't be to challenging for this team... the problem though seems like there is a lack of communication and discipline here... i'm not sure that this team has the mental makeup of a champion