ritehook
    ritehook's Avatar Become A Pro!

Former Tout College Picks - Fri to Sunday

Doing this while watching the wind-down of the 3 canines I picked here yesterday - Buffalo not able to score enough for the cover I guess, tho Kent and Utah St alive. Hang in guys!

I'll reply to the question on my earlier thread as to why I got out of the tout biz -it's why I got into it explains why I got out. The most valuable abilty for a tout to have is a huge capacity to spin the most outrageous lies - nothin' else matters. Some other time for that.

I do in my own play bet varying units, from my base of 1, and up to 3. I know there is big disagreements over this from a number of players - its just my preference, but for here, to simplify, I adopt the attitude that "a play is a play."

Using the Pinnacle current Pinnacle line for these:

Friday: Navy/Temple OVER 51.5

Sat: Virginia -3.5 (but I almost fear it's a trap line, it should be around -6 - somethin' happen I didn't hear of?)

Boston College -5.5 (New HC, or the line I think may have been higher)

California - 6 (See below)

Florida Atlantic -2(Old Howard on the rise . . .)

Monday,

SMU +8 (this actually is a 3 unit play for me, and I got it at +9.5. But I wasn't gonna mention that . . .)

I know some will vigorously challenge my pick of Cal over the visiting Vols.

While the number may seem high, i think it should be a bit higher, thus my pick. Like many 'cappers, I make my own numbers, my Quality Projections (most call them Power Ratings, but that's so old and hackneyed, and I like being different!).

But I always tweak them with info and angles (not stupid trends, like Team A is 10-3 ATS when the coach wears a green tie).

True, Cal is this year without Lynch, who is now running for Buffalo, NFL. And their defense hasn't a great deal of experience.

But same could be said for Tenn.

And, Tenn has, for me, four negs that put me on the Bears.

One, I don't like the quantity and type players they lost in the draft. Yes, Fullmer still can recruit very well, but facts are facts.

Two, I have a well-grounded bias against teams travelling 3 time zones in an early-season game.

Three, the guy who was supposed to start at RB for the Vols was naughty and is staying home.

And four, while I don't overvalue the "revenge" factor, it is more important in an early game than later in the season. And last year in Knoxville the Vols gave Cal a spanking.

GL to all, agree or disagree with my picks. You do need some luck to win at this difficult game.
    Last edited by ritehook; 08-30-07 at 09:36 PM.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Good luck ritehook. I am also on Boston College -6 for Saturday.

ritehook

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Good luck ritehook. I am also on Boston College -6 for Saturday.
    I hope I do better that the 1-2 I went with Thurs picks - lost both by a total of 3.5 pts. Life in the gamblin' lane.

Yeah, BC looks good, O'Brien shouldn't be missed. Wake is a dog that had their day - last year. They won't be shutting out Fla St this year, or hardly anyone else

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL ritehook...

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

i agree with the Cal pick, Tenn is overrated, and B.C. will roll, their a legit contender for the ACC this year.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I know some will vigorously challenge my pick of Cal over the visiting Vols.

I have seen nothing but Cal support in this forum and ZERO love for Tennessee, so you should be OK.

I am against both you and Looker as I like Wake Forst quite a bit at +6. I did not play any of your other games.

Good Luck.

ritehook

I have seen nothing but Cal support in this forum and ZERO love for Tennessee, so you should be OK. - LT Profits

I did see at least one poster very strong for Tenn, and the SEC seems to have the most vociferous online fans