austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Talk to me about UAB/Michigan St

I see a Spartan team who will be more focused on the run and has a significant size adv at the line over UAB.

Leaning MSU -20.....thoughts?

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

MSU will win by at least 17 here.. Hope you win..

austintx05

lol....yeah but the line is 20

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

I think you're right about the running game. Ringer's a very good back and he should have a big game. Then again, this is MSU, so I can't trust them laying this many, fearing that they'll somehow find a way to fck up.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I follow MSU athletics as close as anyone and I can tell you what seems like an easy game/cover can often be challenging for them. Probably no college football team has underachieved in the past 20 years more than MSU. Remember, last year, they struggled to beat Idaho at home by only 10 points. An Idaho team that was one of the worst 5 teams in the country.

I expect a more focused and disciplined MSU team this year meaning less penalties, less ugly losses (i.e. no more losing to Louisiana Tech, Rutgers [not good at the time], or close victories against Idaho). However, it remains to be seen what Mark Dantonio can do. The offense will emphasize run and a grind out style and the defense should be much improved. UAB will be one of the worst in the country this year so in theory MSU should dominate since they are the more talented team and at home but given their historic underachieving tendancies you might (probably) have to sweat this one out. Slight lean toward MSU but probably won't play it.

I see far more value on MSU this year as dogs during the Big Ten seaon. They have a tendacy to play much better in that role.

Good luck!

austintx05

thanks for the info buddy...appreciate it

BuddyBear
    Update your status

You might want to check a more comprehensive break down of the game from this link. Very knowledgable posters there.

http://www.spartantailgate.com/forum...nabridged.html

austintx05

thanks again buddy....wished I coulda got 16.5 on this game, but not usre it was ever this low...how do you think the dual qb scheme for UAB will work? ADV UAB or MSU?

Thanks

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Yeah, 16.5 would have been nice. I don' think the dual QB will be that big of a deal. Perhaps with just one week of preparation it might be a factor but given that the entire focus for the past month will be on this game I can't expect anything that UAB will show MSU will catch them by surprise (it should not at least).

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lay it or don't play it. There aren't many programs that will rival UAB for mediocrity this season. If they don't beat Tulane, they won't beat a Division 1 team all season.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

no real clue here...