EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Nevada/Nebraska Sat 9/1

Any comments on this one? Just looking at this and seeing where the line is going. Is it just me or does this line seem out of whack? Nevada looks like a heavy duty play to me. Tell me why I am wrong.

E

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

ebone,

make sure to read the injury reports...Nevada has it's top two centers out for the game...their leading defensive player, Ezra Butler, just got suspended for the game as well...they are replacing two WR's, their senior QB, their RB and also both their tackles on defense...not to mention they have a very difficult job stopping the run, especially on the road...I really don't think this is a very good spot for them...

EBone

OK then. Thank you for the answer to my question. I hadn't checked the injury reports yet. I appreciate the response, pags.

Now, my next question: The Houston line against Oregon looks inflated. I know pags likes Houston here from other threads. Basically the same question as the original one with Nev/Neb, tell me why not to play Houston. If its an injury issue, then OK. Tell me why not to play Houston in Week 1 @ Oregon.

E

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

On Houston as well at +15, not as crazy about it now that it's dipped to 14, but I think a true line here is 11 or 12. The Cougs probably have more widespread talent on the field this season than last, but the line is inflated because there's no "name" at QB. I can't remember another team in recent history returning a RB who averaged over 10 ypr and had as many carries as Alridge had last season, the receivers are explosive, and the defense is certainly going to be better, especially the secondary. And, while I think Oregon will eventually be a solid team, they have question marks as well, all starting with Dixon's stupid offseason decisions. Too many points here, even with the officiating advantage Oregon is known to have in these non-conference home games.

EBone

One more question and I'll shut it: any comments on New Mexico -3 @ UTEP? Seems like UTEP has no D to speak of and questions on the offensive side of the ball. New Mexico has 10 returning defensive starters and 9 returning offensive starters.

Why is this line only New Mexico -3? Seems like it should be a lot higher. Comments?

E

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

UTEP had a lot of off the field issues over the off season Ebone. I believe there was 4 defensive players that might actually be suspended still after that fight outside a bar a few months ago.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I like Houston as well and got them at +15 but am a bit late with Nebraska.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

ebone,

razz summed it up well regarding the Houston play...I will have more thoughts in my write-up on Thursday...