bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

South Carolina is in bad shape right now

If anyone was considering SC for any SEC futures, you might want to reconsider that decision right about now.

I don't know about you guys, but I'm starting to actaully feel sorry for Spurrier. His QB is in trouble along with three other players, and the season hasn't even started yet.

Cook charged with unlawful possession of pistol

COLUMBIA, S.C. -- South Carolina safety Emmanuel Cook was arrested on a gun charge and suspended from the university on Friday, making him ineligible to play for the Gamecocks.

Cook, 19, was charged with unlawful possession of a pistol, according to a police report.

Cook and James Gore III, 21, were arrested by University of South Carolina police Thursday night at a parking lot near campus dormitories, the report said.

The athletic department issued a statement saying Cook was suspended from the university because of an arrest involving a weapon.

Cook, a sophomore from Riviera Beach, Fla., played in 10 games a year ago, starting five of them. He had 47 tackles last season and was named to the all-Southeastern Conference freshman team.

When police arrived at the campus dormitories Thursday, officers saw Gore try to hide something inside a car, according to the police report. Cook told police there was a gun in the car, and a loaded magazine was found on Gore, authorities said.

Gore, 21, was charged with unlawful carry or display of a firearm.

Both were taken to the Richland County jail, where they remained Friday afternoon, according to the detention center's Web site.

Athletic spokesman Steve Fink said coach Steve Spurrier would be available after Friday afternoon's practice.

Cook's arrest comes a day after Spurrier said three players, including starting quarterback Blake Mitchell, would sit out the first game against Louisiana-Lafayette on Sept. 1 because of excessive absences during summer school. The other players were running back Bobby Wallace and defensive back Chris Hail.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

I bet Spurrier is really kicking himself in the ass for leaving Florida.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

his ego won't let him do so onlooker...he likes building stuff from the ground up...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    his ego won't let him do so onlooker...he likes building stuff from the ground up...
    You might be right about that little fact Pags. The problem seems to be right now that he seems not to be getting the talent levels at SC like he did at Florida.

pags11

this is true dan...his classes have been excellent for USC standards, but not quite what he had before...

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Cook reinstated today but will still miss two weeks
    for appendicitis.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I thought South Carolina was overrated even before all this went down. Some guys were pegging them as sleepers for the SEC title....NOT!

pags11

LT Profits,

I hope you don't post too many plays against South Carolina this year, 'cause betting against the Ol' Ball Coach is hazardous to your health...