bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Vols lose TE Cottam for up to three months

First they lose there RB and now they lose there TE. It sure is going to be a tough year for UT fans from the looks of it.

Vols lose TE Cottam for up to three months

08/22/2007 -

KNOXVILLE, Tennessee (Ticker) -- Tennessee suffered a major blow Wednesday when it was confirmed senior tight end Brad Cottam will miss two to three months after undergoing left wrist surgery.

Cottam suffered the injury in practice Tuesday and had surgery later in the day at UT Medical Center, the school announced Wednesday.

With the No. 15 Volunteers short of experience both in the receiving corps and at fullback, Cottam was a major part of coach Philip Fulmer's offensive plans going into the season.

The 6-8 Cottam had a career-high 14 receptions for 182 yards last season.

Cottam's younger brother, Jeff Cottam, a sophomore, now moves up one place on the depth chart at tight end behind senior Chris Brown.

The injury to Brad Cottam came on the same day that Fulmer learned that star freshman defensive end Ben Martin will be sidelined two to four weeks with a knee injury suffered in a scrimmage on Saturday. Tennessee opens its season at No. 12 California on September 1.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks for this info. dan...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

No problem Pags.

I'm just trying to figure out how to play that UT/Cal game in week 1 still. UT is has had some issues during the off season that are not that a bit tricky from a capping standpoint.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm on Cal here if that helps dan...so is Razz I believe...