c0mmand0r
    c0mmand0r's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

No prop bets & college bets anymore in Germany

Hi folks,

some of you may have noticed, that european bookies aren‘t allowed to provide college football games anymore. Also no more NFL prop bets. It depends on the region. I would love to know more about it. The reason, does it stay that way forever, any alternatives without using vpn software?
    I just don‘t find good articles, background infos and alternatives to it.

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Optional; 01-07-23 at 05:24 AM. Reason: change word Europe to Germany

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Where are you hearing this from?

I still see NCAAF and props at bet365

c0mmand0r

Maybe it‘s not the same in every european country.
    In germany it is the case.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by c0mmand0r View Post
    Maybe it‘s not the same in every european country.
    In germany it is the case.
    I would love some more information if you have a message about it or a link to it being discussed?

c0mmand0r

I can‘t find anything serious.
    Years ago, when google was good, there would have been a better chance to find anything.

c0mmand0r

I just found out, it‘s a result of a new agreement in germany, which you can find on google via „Glücksspielstaatsvertrag 2023“.

https://www.wette.de/sportwetten/glu...staatsvertrag/

Germany tries to regulate sport betting.
    As a result, most of the bets are off the market, when they match the criteria of „to easy to manipulate by one player“.

infotimbo
    infotimbo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9878

yeah, it's based on the new German GlüStv introduced 1 1/2 years ago, so not really a new regulation, but bookies licensed in Germany had to enforce it now on from January 1st. Here you can find the full list of sports and betting types still allowed:

https://rp-darmstadt.hessen.de/sicherheit-und-kommunales/gluecksspiel/sportwetten/liste-erlaubter-wetten

So it basicaly bans all non-Olympic under-age and amateur sports, plus betting types they regard as potentially manipulatable
    Last edited by infotimbo; 01-04-23 at 10:08 AM.

c0mmand0r

Thanks!
    It‘s just the info of the state Hessen in germany, but yeah.
    Should be the same right now nationwide.

So what‘s the solution?
    I am not interested in commit a crime.

Using a VPN and hoping, the bookie is fine with that, even with deposits and payouts via german bank service?
    Any other ideas?

infotimbo

Quote Originally Posted by c0mmand0r View Post
    Thanks!
    It‘s just the info of the state Hessen in germany, but yeah.
    Should be the same right now nationwide.
    yes, the linked authorities are responsible for the licensing all over Germany, not just Hessen.

All licensed bookies need to use designated .de websites for German customers, so I don't think a VPN alone will make any difference. The available bets should normally remain the same, and you still won't be able to sign up on a different verison of their sites.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by infotimbo View Post
    yes, the linked authorities are responsible for the licensing all over Germany, not just Hessen.

All licensed bookies need to use designated .de websites for German customers, so I don't think a VPN alone will make any difference. The available bets should normally remain the same, and you still won't be able to sign up on a different verison of their sites.
    It says no amateur sports outside Olympics. So OP is correct about no College Football

infotimbo

yeah, no college sports, no amateur soccer (England only League 1 and above, for example), only first division ice hockey - stuff like that.

There are some very odd restrictions as well, though. MMA isn't allowed at all, for example, boxing only heavyweight championship fights, and Indycar only the Indy 500.

Optional

yeah, no college sports, no amateur soccer (England only League 1 and above, for example), only first division ice hockey - stuff like that.

There are some very odd restrictions as well, though. MMA isn't allowed at all, for example, boxing only heavyweight championship fights, and Indycar only the Indy 500.
    The Indycar one is hard to fathom. But I kind of agree that top line regulators should already be questioning if MMA is too rigged to be ethically offered for betting. Same as boxing.

infotimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    The Indycar one is hard to fathom. But I kind of agree that top line regulators should already be questioning if MMA is too rigged to be ethically offered for betting. Same as boxing.
    don't know much about MMA, but yeah, generelly I don't mind the approach to reduce the amount of available sports and betting types a bit. Even if Germany alone obviously isn't going to change much about the fixing-problems, and the whole thing still needs some adjustment. Soccer friendlies are banned as well, for example, which probably makes sense when Talinna Kalev is playing Zagreb II, but less so when it's Brazil facing Argentina.

In terms of betting types, many live options like "next throw-in" and so on are also gone, same as instant cashouts, so it looks like a somewhat reasonable approach to fight gambling addiction and rage betting.

Problem is, that "player protection" in Germany solely exists in that regard, though. When playing at a regulated book (coming with lots of "downsides", taxes, restrictions and so on) I would expect to be "secure" at least - but unfortunately a regulatory authority standing in for the player doesn't exist at all.

c0mmand0r

So any solutions/ideas in sight?
    I badly wanna bet on NFL prop bets.

infotimbo

some unregulated books are still available from Germany, or Pinnacle through an agent.

Optional

some unregulated books are still available from Germany, or Pinnacle through an agent.
    It's close to the point that no agent can be trusted though.

c0mmand0r

Which bookies do you mean?

gooner89
    gooner89's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13003

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    How deep should they be digging? Take a look at snooker, Stephen Lee banned for frame fixing, John Higgins caught on camera negotiating to delibrately lose certain frames. What's to say tennis doesn't have it too, players delibrately having their serve broken? Darts, a player to lose a certain leg? Golf, a player to hit a bogey or higher on a given hole?

I think that any solo sports are much more prone to fixing, but the instances of that actually happening are so low that is it worth scratching an entire sport over it?

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by gooner89 View Post

How deep should they be digging? Take a look at snooker, Stephen Lee banned for frame fixing, John Higgins caught on camera negotiating to delibrately lose certain frames. What's to say tennis doesn't have it too, players delibrately having their serve broken? Darts, a player to lose a certain leg? Golf, a player to hit a bogey or higher on a given hole?

I think that any solo sports are much more prone to fixing, but the instances of that actually happening are so low that is it worth scratching an entire sport over it?
    Good question. I lean toward just banning any sport from betting action that shows any repeated signs of match fixing. Most tennis leagues would be off the board tomorrow.

I bet most sport administrators would bend over backwards to control it if that happened.