Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24896

Quote Originally Posted by spro23 View Post
    What do you think of lsu -4 at UCLA? UCLA has like 10 seniors on each side of the ball that's why the line is so low.
    I think that game is a lot tougher than it looks at first glance. LSU had some fundamental issues last year, as did UCLA, but Chip Kelly appears to have the Bruins slowly headed in the right direction. The Bruins might be able to control the tempo of the game by running the ball, something the the Tigers couldn't do. Plus UCLA will have a game to shake off the rust (Hawaii week 0) while LSU's long trip to the Rose Bowl will be their first game of the year. In a sport with no preseason, that matters. Lean Bruins but California's attendance policy may negate any real home field advantage.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    looks good Eddy

we want the leans too

North Carolina -5.5

Oregon State +7
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave Eddy Munny 5 Betpoint(s) for this post.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    I think that game is a lot tougher than it looks at first glance. LSU had some fundamental issues last year, as did UCLA, but Chip Kelly appears to have the Bruins slowly headed in the right direction. The Bruins might be able to control the tempo of the game by running the ball, something the the Tigers couldn't do. Plus UCLA will have a game to shake off the rust (Hawaii week 0) while LSU's long trip to the Rose Bowl will be their first game of the year. In a sport with no preseason, that matters. Lean Bruins but California's attendance policy may negate any real home field advantage.
    UCLA rarely has a hone field advantage going in. Their fans are simply terrible. If we skip last year's record, UCLA is 0-6 ATS in their last 6 home openers. This game will go a long way in determining just how far both LSU and UCLA will go this season. UCLA is staring at a 6-6 season if they lose this one. with away games at Udub, Utah and USC and Home games against Arizona State and Oregon. LSU has an easier road, but has games at Alabama and home against Florida and Texas A&M.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7799

LSU -4 is very interesting.

I know we’re already pretty far removed the 2020 championship team but any team LSU fields should…SHOULD…should manhandle UCLA and none of these other factors should matter much. We’re just talking about a general different class of dude here.

I’ll be interested to see what happens with this line, I definitely don’t like that it looks too good to be true, but I could see myself getting a chunk of LSU here

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4178

Laughing out the fukk loud....already capping football in July. And giving these dam degenerates and delinquents a whole dam board of plays to lose their ass on. Good start though Eddy.

texhooper

It’s not that far away! Like 4 weeks right?! Will be here before you know it!

fudy213
    fudy213's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2019

I like your Marshall play. The herd has a great D, #4 vs the rush, and most of it returns. A senior OL and a good QB. The QB completely shit the bed the last 3 games last yr. Like he forgot how to play, it was weird, he was a freshman so that explains a little. Im gonna bet he comes in strong this yr. New coach for the herd is gonna be an upgrade, he'll bring an energy and spirit to this team. Navy loses a ton on offense including QB. First game will be shaky against a tough veteran D.
    I like Marshall this yr. I think we will look back at this line (-2) in November and think what a crazy gimme it was. Teasing it to a + 4 or 5 or a ML-130 has to be looked at seriously. Being a road team suggests caution as does the first game of the year. But Marshall, for me, is the side here.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by fudy213 View Post
    I like your Marshall play. The herd has a great D, #4 vs the rush, and most of it returns. A senior OL and a good QB. The QB completely shit the bed the last 3 games last yr. Like he forgot how to play, it was weird, he was a freshman so that explains a little. Im gonna bet he comes in strong this yr. New coach for the herd is gonna be an upgrade, he'll bring an energy and spirit to this team. Navy loses a ton on offense including QB. First game will be shaky against a tough veteran D.
    I like Marshall this yr. I think we will look back at this line (-2) in November and think what a crazy gimme it was. Teasing it to a + 4 or 5 or a ML-130 has to be looked at seriously. Being a road team suggests caution as does the first game of the year. But Marshall, for me, is the side here.
    If they were that good, why did they finish 0-3 both S/U and ATS and fire their HC? Navy is not bargain package, but Marshall is no powerhouse. Pass

JacketFan81
    GO GEORGIA TECH!
    JacketFan81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3920

Quote Originally Posted by fudy213 View Post
    I wonder if Navy is allowing tackling again in practice this pre-season

fudy213
    fudy213's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2019

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    If they were that good, why did they finish 0-3 both S/U and ATS and fire their HC? Navy is not bargain package, but Marshall is no powerhouse. Pass
    That is a good question. They were horrific the last 3. I know, I had the Rice game where they got shutout. The qb went totally "rick ankiel" and threw like 6 interceptions. The defense however always played tough. Im not saying the Herd are a "powerhouse". They are a top level C-USA team, no more. In this situation, the Herd having to live with the way they finished last season, which was 180 degrees from the rest of the season, and Navy playing their first game with 3 returnees on offense going against a tough and proven D. Marshall is more than likely going to be a play for me.
    If were talking the Herd going against a mid level power 5 team...... probably not.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

DOC HOLLIDAY got fired from Marshall because after the banner 13-1 season in 2014, they were unable to sustain that level for the following 6 seasons though he did take them to 5 bowl seasons in the L6Y. Recruiting should have been strong after the 13-1 record but apparently fell off a bit instead of improving.

Either that or the Governor got involved which is what most suspect ;-)

Eddy Munny

If Marshall hadn't lost their last three games and overhauled the staff I doubt we'd be able to get them at such a discount. We're more or less picking a winner, I'll swallow 2.5 points and live with the results. I'd argue that at least two out of those three losses (UAB, Buffalo) were to teams better than Navy anyways, with Rice being a coin flip.

texhooper

I hate betting against navy. But I hope you guys enjoy yourselves

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    I hate betting against navy. But I hope you guys enjoy yourselves
    i agree when it's during the season because teams have only a week to prep for the assignment football that is defending the triple option but i feel better about it when the prep is all summer long

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

What all of you guys forget is that these teams are not worth a crap if they do not have players that are any good, no matter WHAT offensive or defensive scheme they choose to run.

Eddy Munny

What all of you guys forget is that these teams are not worth a crap if they do not have players that are any good, no matter WHAT offensive or defensive scheme they choose to run.
    Well it sounds like you're clearly ready to fade Navy then, based on this logic.

Welcome to the club. There's coffee and donuts in the foyer.

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22668

Great stuff, as we get closer can you narrow it down to the top 3-5?
    I'm not rich enough to play all these winners.
    GL

Enikk
    Enikk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

Thank-you Eddy!! Love the write-ups. f\*\*k the air betting haters only here for negativity. gL

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

Might tail a few. Not big into college, now these kids can get paid going to make it even harder for me to trust them. They have enough distractions with all the and ass they get.

Eddy Munny

I'm officially adding:

Nebraska/Illinois O54.5

North Carolina -5.5

Clemson/Georgia U52.5

That raises my total plays to nineteen... I'll probably add one more just to make it an even 20 for week 0/1.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

This stew better be good. Has been simmering for a while now.

Good luck Eddy!

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    This stew better be good. Has been simmering for a while now.

Good luck Eddy!
    This stew might be a little heavy on vig.

mpaschal34
    Go Navy.....Beat Army!!!
    mpaschal34's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5600

Army/Navy Under.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by mpaschal34 View Post
    Army/Navy Under.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Eddy goes broke oct 1 +140

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Michigan State +6 might be the worst play... the recruiting is the worst in decades. East Lansing is a sh#$ hole now. Letting 2.8 GPA in now as long as you can fork over the tuition money. No lie.

You can EASILY get into Michigan State now... no waiting period... nothing. Enrollment down in a major way.

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Michigan State +6 might be the worst play... the recruiting is the worst in decades. East Lansing is a sh#$ hole now. Letting 2.8 GPA in now as long as you can fork over the tuition money. No lie.

You can EASILY get into Michigan State now... no waiting period... nothing. Enrollment down in a major way.
    Very sound and relevant reasoning!

Eddy Munny

It's a football game, not a spelling bee.

Is it the worst play on my card? Conceivably.. But I don't think it's a terrible play either way and the line movement appears to agree.

Northwestern lost some big time talent from last year, will have a new quarterback under center, and is gifting six points to a team that pretty much bottomed out in 2020 and still beat NW. The Cats tend to play everyone close, they're just not a team that runs away and hides.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 08-10-21 at 01:18 PM.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Very sound and relevant reasoning!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post

It's a football game, not a spelling bee.

Is it the worst play on my card? Conceivably.. But I don't think it's a terrible play either way and the line movement appears to agree.

Northwestern lost some big time talent from last year, will have a new quarterback under center, and is gifting six points to a team that pretty much bottomed out in 2020 and still beat NW. The Cats tend to play everyone close, they're just not a team that runs away and hides.
    It is very relevant. Nobody wants to play in MICHIGAN!! The recruiting sucks!! It's not fun anymore in East Lansing... you can't lure star players here... even U of M with Harbaugh is struggling... you guys need to open your eyes. It's evident the last 2 years here... horrible seasons.

And Munny... I wasn't bashing your play... if I sounded that way... I apologize.

Eddy Munny

It is very relevant. Nobody wants to play in MICHIGAN!! The recruiting sucks!! It's not fun anymore in East Lansing... you can't lure star players here... even U of M with Harbaugh is struggling... you guys need to open your eyes. It's evident the last 2 years here... horrible seasons.

And Munny... I wasn't bashing your play... if I sounded that way... I apologize.
    Yes it's relevant in a "state of the union" sort of way, but I'm not investing in the school long term or even the foreseeable future. I'm simply betting one game. The handicap consists of who's there right now for either school. The recruiting the last two years is responsible for the lack of high level talent on MSU, but that accounts for their poor performances and those poor performances are baked into the line. Their trajectory going forward is irrelevant.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 08-10-21 at 02:01 PM.

Eddy Munny

No apologies necessary, everyone should have their plays cross-examined. I welcome as many opinions as possible. The reality is that I'm playing 20 games so even if I hit at a lucrative 60% clip, then that means there's 8 games that will go down as losses. I'd like to think I have an edge on every game that I bet but A) I could be wrong and B) even if I accurately identified an edge, it doesn't guarantee a win ATS.

I'll take any profit I can squeeze out of this card, anything above and beyond would be icing on the cake.

survive
    and advance

It’s simply not true though. Tucker is recruiting well at msu, #12 class in 2022 right now. Harbaugh has been able to recruit fine, that’s not why he’s losing. Anyways, I didn’t mean to go off course in eddy’s thread

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    It’s simply not true though. Tucker is recruiting well at msu, #12 class in 2022 right now. Harbaugh has been able to recruit fine, that’s not why he’s losing. Anyways, I didn’t mean to go off course in eddy’s thread
    Simply not true? Ok. Just take a look at the standings at the end of the year.... we'll come back to this thread... and I'll rip you apart verbally since you think you know it all. Don't question my judgement on a whim pal. #12 class in 2022?? Based on what?? ESPN? LOL Fox Sports?? Nobody wants to fu#$ing play here. Harbaugh even admitted it.

The overall talent isn't in Michigan.... we're just getting the LEFTOVERS!

MOBIL19
    MOBIL19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 222

Clemson -3

survive
    and advance

Simply not true? Ok. Just take a look at the standings at the end of the year.... we'll come back to this thread... and I'll rip you apart verbally since you think you know it all. Don't question my judgement on a whim pal. #12 class in 2022?? Based on what?? ESPN? LOL Fox Sports?? Nobody wants to fu#$ing play here. Harbaugh even admitted it.

The overall talent isn't in Michigan.... we're just getting the LEFTOVERS!
    Buddy I’m not arguing if there’s talent in Michigan or not. MSU has never had great talent, but it was particularly bad at the end of the dantonio era. It’s getting better now with Tucker (couldn’t get worse lol). Harbaugh has recruited well, including out of state- talent isn’t his problem. And I’m not arguing standings, just talking recruiting here based on your original post I replied to

First 123 Last