emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Auburn\KSU 9/1

Saw line at Auburn -13.5. Might seem high at first, but I don't see KSU hanging at all with Auburn. I am estimating 3 touchdowns at least. As with all sports, I really only play teams that I follow closely, win or lose. There is a good chance KSU gets pounded. Their "star" QB didn't even practice the first 2 days because he was overweight and their backup is a freshman that has never taken a snap. This one could be a blow out.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

That KU team just fell apart last year down the stretch. I don't think I could take the points much less give'um though.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dan, they actually play KSU, not KU ...and KSU actually finished the season pretty strongly...

regarding this game...I think the line is about right here...Freeman really struggled this spring and even when he's on he doesn't throw a lot of deep balls...KSU will be a team to ride this year, I just don't think this is the week to do so...and I have better things to do with my money than to lay double digits with Tubberville until I see more out of his team this year...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh, my bad Pags.

emat

I know it sounds like a lot of points, but the talent at KSU has been dropping for the past several years. While I think their defense may be a bit improved, I can't see them scoring more than a touchdown against what will most likely be a tough Auburn defense. I guess if you feel Auburn can't post 21 then its not a good bet. Auburn is not rebuilding this year, they are reloading. I am not calling this a lock, but I am pretty confident in this play. If your in tune with teams, I think CFB early season is where a ton of money can be made.

emat

Dan,

Hate to piont this out, but KU actually pounded KSU late last year. Another example of why I think Auburn will roll. KSU got outscored 155-88 in away games last year in just 5 very soft away games (exception Rutgers). Kansas, Colorado, Baylor, and Missouri being the other 4. This year teams, especially offense, is really not much different from a personnel standpoint.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Auburn offense is ****ing atrocious. Brandon Cox couldn't start for my old high school, and he has no weapons at all at receiver. I don't know how good K State's run defense is, but if you can slow down Lester and Tate, beating Auburn is no problem. I don't find K State particularly appealing, but laying two touchdowns with Auburn is borderline insane. Sitting this one out and praying Auburn is laying 10 or more to South Florida, who I think will beat them without too much trouble in week two.

emat

Razz,

I see your from Alabama, which I am guessing you follow Auburn pretty close. This may be a case of 2 opinions only looking at the negatives of their own team and not the opposing team. I will be honest in saying I don't know a whole lot about Auburn. I watched them control a good Nebraska team last year, but that was last year. I follow KSU very close as an alum of that university. I don't have warm fuzzies about this KSU team. The past few years our talent has dropped significantly especially on the interior lines, which in my mind is what wins games. We are very young at the skilled positions, which doesn't set well in my mind playing at Auburn the first game of the year. I think our coach is a lot of talk and no show. Complete opposite of Bill Snyder. I guess what I am saying is based on my preceived notions of Auburn and what I currently know about KSU, I think KSU gets beat handily. If your saying Auburn is going to be suspect this year as well, then maybe this is a no play at -13.5. Maybe an ugly game. I will actually be at the game, which will be my first SEC game.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah, emat, I'm an Auburn fan, I'll probably be at the game as well. I just don't have any aspirations for this season. 7-5 is my prediction, though I do think AUB will jump up and surprise either Arkansas or Georgia.
    But Lester and Tate might both run wild. It's feasible. If you think K State's defensive line is weak, as you indicated, then I could understand the play. But there is no way I would trust Brandon Cox with this number.
    The one huge advantage K State has is at special teams, which could be a factor if you look at some of Auburn's red zone struggles last year. Anyway, good luck. I will certainly be rooting for you.

emat

One more quick note that probably favors Auburn based on what you are saying. KSU is trying out a new 3-4 defense this year. This move is more related to going up against spread teams like Missouri, Texas Tech, etc in the Big 12 and less against hard nosed running teams. Knowing the strength of Auburns running game as you mentioned this may create a very bad mismatch. I just don't see KSU scoring against Auburn, maybe 7 to 10 points at the most. Should be interested. Any recommendations on pre and post game party spots in Auburn?

linebacker
    linebacker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by emat View Post
    Saw line at Auburn -13.5. Might seem high at first, but I don't see KSU hanging at all with Auburn. I am estimating 3 touchdowns at least. As with all sports, I really only play teams that I follow closely, win or lose. There is a good chance KSU gets pounded. Their "star" QB didn't even practice the first 2 days because he was overweight and their backup is a freshman that has never taken a snap. This one could be a blow out.
    WAR EAGLE
    I definitely like in auburn in this one. They have an experienced quaterback coming back and a lot of talented backs; but the only problem is the OFF. line is somewhat green. The defense I expect to improve tremendously since last.

linebacker
    linebacker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Razz View Post
    Yeah, emat, I'm an Auburn fan, I'll probably be at the game as well. I just don't have any aspirations for this season. 7-5 is my prediction, though I do think AUB will jump up and surprise either Arkansas or Georgia.
    But Lester and Tate might both run wild. It's feasible. If you think K State's defensive line is weak, as you indicated, then I could understand the play. But there is no way I would trust Brandon Cox with this number.
    The one huge advantage K State has is at special teams, which could be a factor if you look at some of Auburn's red zone struggles last year. Anyway, good luck. I will certainly be rooting for you.
    My prediction is 10-2.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

razz,

I love it when you talk like that!...hahaha...will call you tomorrow bro...been busy with the ladies...

emat

Line down to 13 on this one. I wanna believe KSU will hang, but my head tells me this is a solid play in Auburns favor. I saw the over at 46 on pinnacle, maybe a 6 point teaser at Auburn-7 and Under at 52 for even money. Don't play teasers that often, but that looks pretty solid. Auburn's defense will score more points than KSU's offense.

I like Iowa State -3.5 on Thursday as well. Although a new coach, they have experience at the skilled positions in Meyer and Blythe. At home, I think this spread is a touchdown or more off.