RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Quote Originally Posted by Roger T. Bannon View Post
    Could even be four. Go with the two best records maybe. Once you have second place teams playing in championships, it does not really matter anymore.
    I like it. I'm psyched. I'm going to the A&M-Bama game with a field pass(tagging along w former player). There is nothing better than big time SEC football.

Roger T. Bannon
    Roger T. Bannon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11760

Kansas already trying to get in Big 10.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

It is the old SEC. They played them before. I'm not sure it is going to be two divisions anymore. They might go to three and do some rotation.
    3 divisions in one conference??

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    3 divisions in one conference??
    Yeah. When you get that many teams, you have problems. It is just basically a scheduling format.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Yeah. When you get that many teams, you have problems. It is just basically a scheduling format.
    Let’s say it goes down. OU and UT join the SEC and there are now 16 teams, is this 6 in one division and 5 in the other 2 divisions?? An East, West, and perhaps a North, South or Central division? Seems like 3 divisions is just a way to make something work that doesn’t actually work. There are no rivalries that play every 3-4 years in a rotation, unless rivalries will no longer matter.

Roger T. Bannon

Let’s say it goes down. OU and UT join the SEC and there are now 16 teams, is this 6 in one division and 5 in the other 2 divisions?? An East, West, and perhaps a North, South or Central division? Seems like 3 divisions is just a way to make something work that doesn’t actually work. There are no rivalries that play every 3-4 years in a rotation, unless rivalries will no longer matter.
    I don't know. They have to figure that out. They want to play cross division so you cannot even play all the teams in your division. So what is the point of it? My guess is they stick with two divisions just for convention and then just try to spread the schedule in terms of difficulty so nobody gets too hammered.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Big 10 gotta be recruiting Iowa St & Kansas right now for sure

Maybe Utah & K State too

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Option 1:
    The western division would be comprised of Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, LSU, Missouri, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Mississippi State with the eastern half being made up of Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina and Kentucky.

Option 2:

• Pod A would be Florida, Georgia, Kentucky and South Carolina.
    • Pod B would be Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Vandy.
    • Pod C would be LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Texas A&M.
    • Pod D would be Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri and Arkansas.

In this scenario, a team would play every team in their pod every single season and then play two games against each of the other three pods. The teams would all rotate around which opponents from the other pods they play each season.

I like option 2

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Big 12 is toast. Looks like they will need to dissolve.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Just give Vandy and Arkansas to the Big 12 and it won't be expansion. Just a mutual swap. Texas can't win the Big 12 with a few good teams in it and Oklahoma can't win a playoff game no matter who they play. Both team would be middling teams in the SEC and frequent OutBack and Liberty Bowl participants.
    You are totally wrong. Those dumbasses not smart enough to play in the 12 will go to Texas instead of LSU or am. Texas is already the richest school. It will be game on!

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Option 1:
    The western division would be comprised of Oklahoma, Texas, Texas A&M, LSU, Missouri, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Mississippi State with the eastern half being made up of Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina and Kentucky.

Option 2:

• Pod A would be Florida, Georgia, Kentucky and South Carolina.
    • Pod B would be Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee and Vandy.
    • Pod C would be LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss and Texas A&M.
    • Pod D would be Oklahoma, Texas, Missouri and Arkansas.

In this scenario, a team would play every team in their pod every single season and then play two games against each of the other three pods. The teams would all rotate around which opponents from the other pods they play each season.

I like option 2
    Did you come up with option 2? Dam good idea actually.

Not sure how you tie break for the conference championship.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    Did you come up with option 2? Dam good idea actually.

Not sure how you tie break for the conference championship.
    Nina is very smart when it comes to SEC football but this was reported Yesterday on a couple different sports outlets!! Nina could have leaked her plan to reporters and they ran with it. Like i said very smart Alabamian Lady!!

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by jackpot269 View Post
    Nina is very smart when it comes to SEC football but this was reported Yesterday on a couple different sports outlets!! Nina could have leaked her plan to reporters and they ran with it. Like i said very smart Alabamian Lady!!
    So pod a & b are in the east and c & d are in the west?

I reckon the head to head match up within the pod would be the tie breaker per pod.

But you will wind up with two 9-2 teams in the west, 1 from c and one from d, that potentially didn't play each other.

I think it has to be two divisions east and west and just boot a Ark to the Big 12 and Vandy to the ACC.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

The original SEC was an offshoot of the Southern Conference. SEC charter members were Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, LSU, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, University of the South (Sewanee), Tennessee, Tulane and Vanderbilt.

Vandy is original member be hard to boot them but I understand what your saying!! Could let Tulane and Sewanee (located about 35 miles from my house and where my high school football coach played) back in no reason to schedule 1-AA schools any more and have the ole gang back together!! of coarse im joking about last 2 but i see no reason you cant make 16 teams work. Like Nina pointed out or there are several other formats that would work also

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Big 12 is toast. Looks like they will need to dissolve.
    Yup. Rip to them

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

I think they split Texas and Oklahoma up. Just guarantee that the Red River Rivalry game is played every year, and should be no deal breaker for either school

Judge Crater
    Judge Crater's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 509

Texas hasn't even won the Big 12 since 2009, Ted Cruz will be President before Texas wins the SEC. Oklahoma will now be a mid tier team in the SEC. However, If the SEC gets the enough slots in the new playoff system, they both will not have greatly degraded their chances of getting in the playoff.

I miss the old days when the Big 12 had ten members and the Big 10 had twelve members.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Crater View Post
    Texas hasn't even won the Big 12 since 2009, Ted Cruz will be President before Texas wins the SEC. Oklahoma will now be a mid tier team in the SEC. However, If the SEC gets the enough slots in the new playoff system, they both will not have greatly degraded their chances of getting in the playoff.

I miss the old days when the Big 12 had ten members and the Big 10 had twelve members.
    I miss the Big 8 Conference

Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas in the same backfield in Stillwater Oklahoma

Eddie Sutton Sheeeesh

Bill Schneider, Tom Osbourne, Barry Switzer

OU vs Nevraska, OU v Texas, OU v Miami

Brian Bosworth

It was a different world then

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    I miss the Big 8 Conference

Barry Sanders and Thurman Thomas in the same backfield in Stillwater Oklahoma

Eddie Sutton Sheeeesh

Bill Schneider, Tom Osbourne, Barry Switzer

OU vs Nevraska, OU v Texas, OU v Miami

Brian Bosworth

It was a different world then
    It really was.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Quote Originally Posted by RoyBacon View Post
    So pod a & b are in the east and c & d are in the west?

I reckon the head to head match up within the pod would be the tie breaker per pod.

But you will wind up with two 9-2 teams in the west, 1 from c and one from d, that potentially didn't play each other.
    But also take into account the expanded play-offs. I think that is the driving force for UT and OK wanting in the SEC, besides money.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

What has become apparent over the past 48 hours is that the AAC does not expect to sit back and wait for its best teams to field interest from elsewhere. The AAC plans to act as an aggressor, multiple high-ranking sources within the conference tell The Athletic. It will try to poach the Big 12’s leftovers, perhaps as a group.

“The Big 12 appears to be weakened and in a state of panic because their two anchor schools are gone and can’t be replaced,” one AAC source said Friday night. “I do think we can be an aggressor. I feel like our league is pretty stable.”

Multiple sources believe Aresco, the AAC commissioner, is committed to trying such a tactic. And it makes total sense from the AAC standpoint. This is a league that has been pushing for respect and a seat at the table alongside the Power 5 conferences. Being an aggressor and potentially adding members would also better position the AAC to gain autonomy in the NCAA legislative process, as the Power 5 leagues have.

One source believes that the AAC’s relationship with ESPN should help, assuming the league can pull in a few teams and get up to a 16-team conference. “We’ve already got ESPN at the table,” the source said, adding that it would be easier to engage media partners for a league that has one exclusive partner (plus a small package of games on CBS/CBS Sports Network). The AAC’s deal with ESPN, signed in March 2019 and now in effect, is worth $1 billion over 12 years and pays each AAC school just under seven million dollars annually. It’s easy to see why the source believes ESPN would be a willing partner to renegotiate if the 11-member AAC is able to significantly add to its offerings.

Perhaps, for those Big 12 schools, a move to the AAC would seem like a downgrade. But as college athletics enters a period of instability, a stable home should be more attractive than ever. Can the AAC provide it? Will the league raid to avoid being raided? It’d certainly be wise to try.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Big 12 is really a 4-team conf

OU, OSU, Texas and Baylor

And obviously OU and Texas are the breadwinners

Cant believe theres interest in any team outside those 4, and Baylors barely in

Atleast OkSt is relevant in foots, hoops, wrestling AND baseball

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Notre Dame is going to have to commit to a conference. If the PAC-12 were smart, they would be the aggressive ones, going after OK State, Boise State, and BYU.

Roger T. Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Big 12 is really a 4-team conf

OU, OSU, Texas and Baylor

And obviously OU and Texas are the breadwinners

Cant believe theres interest in any team outside those 4, and Baylors barely in

Atleast OkSt is relevant in foots, hoops, wrestling AND baseball
    That is only looking at recent success. Baylor is a product of the Big 12. It does not have a big following. Oklahoma State is not anything special either. Texas Tech has a bigger following than Baylor and Oklahoma State. I'm not sure that Oklahoma is much of anything without Texas which is why they are tied at the hip.

All of these schools as a group are pretty valuable but not by themselves. When you start piecing them off, they don't offer much.

Roger T. Bannon

I'm not sure how this whole Texas SEC thing is really going to translate. I'm not sure how interested the State of Texas is in watching Texas play South Carolina. They have a lot of interest in watching them play Baylor and Texas Tech.

The state does not follow any one team all that loyally. They like watching all the games and seeing them play one another. The popularity of all of the games drops off if you are not playing together.

But that is not going to matter to ESPN. They just want Texas in the SEC. I guess it gets more national attention but we shall see. It feels like college football is starting to jump the shark.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

I think SEC should divide into four divisions — one called the Southwest with Arkansas, Texas A & M, Texas and Oklahoma. Teams play each other in division and two teams from other three divisions and two non-conference games.

- Woody Paige

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Big 12 officials have discussed a structure in which Texas and Oklahoma would receive additional revenue shares as a way of enticing the two schools to remain in the conference rather than pursue a future in the SEC, conference sources have told CBS Sports.

Such a structure would grant the Longhorns and Sooners an additional half-share annually (1.5 shares each), bumping their payouts to approximately $56 million per year. The other eight schools would decrease their payouts accordingly. Big 12 schools currently average $37 million in annual TV rights earnings, including revenue from bowl games and the NCAA Tournament.

The topic became a discussion point Thursday night during the conference call with Big 12 commissioner Bob Bowlsby. Texas and Oklahoma were not part of the call. One person familiar with the conversation stressed the revenue share idea was "from the 50,000-foot level" and preliminary in nature.

While the Big 12 revenue play may be a longshot, league sources tell CBS Sports that the conference hasn't given up on keeping Texas and Oklahoma in the fold. Retaining UT and OU was the first stated goal in a summary provided by the Big 12 following that Thursday night conference call.

If Texas and Oklahoma move to the SEC as expected, there will be a financial windfall for those schools and the SEC as a whole. SEC teams currently earn an average of $44 million per year from their rights agreement, a figure that could balloon to over $60 million with UT and OU in tow.

RoyBacon

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Crater View Post

Texas will be fine. They've won a national title less than 20 years ago which is more than A&M can say.

These days the top players want to play in the SEC not USC, not FL St or Miami as in years gone past.

Texas has the recruiting advantage of being surrounded by talent. But these days even high school players in Austin are heading to College Station to play and be on TV every week.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

No way Jimbo said that. But then again he did say he was going to beat Saban last season so anything said stupidly is possible from Jimbo

RoyBacon

And what exactly has A&M won? A National title? No Maybe a conference title? No . Then how about shutting the fvvk up and focus on getting by Kent St.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

No way Jimbo said that. But then again he did say he was going to beat Saban last season so anything said stupidly is possible from Jimbo
    That's why it says "What They Meant". I just thought it was funny.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

Jimbo was right though.

Ryermkd
    God is Good
    Ryermkd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1882

First 12345 Last