Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11101

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Hit the nail on the head. 8 is perfect. Leaving it out to 12.... always some punk team that went undefeated or something from some mickey mouse school. We don't need that crap.
    Also, 8 would be perfect... especially when we believe some teams ranked #5 and #6 should of been ranked #4th to get into the regular playoff. So... that would stop teams from bitching. 8 is perfect. 12 is bullsh#$.
    While I agree 12 seems too much. 12 means more games than 8 and I am all for MORE games.

The only thing I don't like is having to play a team twice, potentially 3 times. Gators beats Bama in the SECCG then ends up having to beat them again in the playoffs maybe the title game. That doesn't seem fair.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    This is going to make the regular season better. Teams will stop playing citadel and furman. I think it would be better to do the play in and quarterfinals on campus before Christmas then keep it all the same. The time frame could get messy IMO. If you do that way, all top 8 would get a home game
    Well said. If you look at the future scheduling that is going on right now, you see most teams trying to upgrade their schedules. Just look at what Alabama is doing. They are a perfect example. Since no team is a lock to get in, it will be a lot easier to get in if you win your conference championship. Not a guarantee, but it certainly makes things a lot easier for a team to go that route. That means the regular season gains in importance. IF you cannot see that, try hoops, which is boring and for the most part, fixed.

inter1097
    inter1097's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5861

Under this proposal Notre Dame would not be eligible for a bye since you have to win your conference to get one, so they will have to tweak the rules for the Irish or they will almost have to join a conference.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24793

Who would get the Automatic bids?

Big 5 conf champs? Would like to see the Mid-majors get an automatic bid, maybe based on highest season-ending rank. Or a Mid-major play-in game btw top 2.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Who would get the Automatic bids?

Big 5 conf champs? Would like to see the Mid-majors get an automatic bid, maybe based on highest season-ending rank. Or a Mid-major play-in game btw top 2.
    Chuck

There are no auto bids as of now.

The top 6 conference champions are guaranteed a spot. So you could see 2 group of 5 champions and only 4 of the big boys, especially with a championship game upset.

Still some kinks IMO, but I like a lot of it
    Last edited by thetrinity; 06-18-21 at 08:13 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is a done deal. The only major question is when can it start? The Pac 12 will go to an 8 conference game, 4 non conf. game schedule in 2022. If they go as far as to eliminate the Divisions, look for the Conference to have 3 groups that play each other every year. Group 1 will consist of the two Washington Schools and the two Oregon Schools. Group 2 will be the two Northern California schools and the two Southern California schools. Group 3 will consist of the two Arizona schools, Utah and Colorado.

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8269

You can debate it all you want when all is said and done which every way they figure they can make the most money will be the way they go!! Its all about the money

First 12