homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    If you had 8 teams in playoff then Florida, Georgia, Miami and North Carolina wouldn't have players opt out for Bowl games.
    georgia, miami and north carolina were not even in the final top 8 rankings by the CFP committee so they all would have had players opt out !!

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Yes they did it before the transfer portal because if recruiting. You understand that national signing day is traditionally the first tue in feb which means if you sign a coach during the bowl games he only has 4-5 weeks to hit the recruiting trail and sell his program. It's all about recruiting.
    I know why they do it, my point is it doesn't happen in any other postseason because the postseason is more important than the regular season. Look at the the playoff field in the NFL this year, none of those teams are worried about someone else taking their coach while their teams are in the run for the Super Bowl. There is actually something to play for and no reason to opt out. Yes NCAA has the most important regular season, and just have no rhyme or reason to their postseason. And to be truthful, they have tinkered around with early signing days, dead periods, and other things to make coaching changes less likely in the postseason, but until the games mean something after the regular season, coaches will always take jobs while bowls are taking place. Coaches USED to want to coach their teams in bowl games before leaving for another job, now that is not even important.............unless the team is playing for a championship.

ArunSh
    ArunSh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 51437

Problem is, whatever the format is there will be years that it will look bad. If it was only top two teams, and there were three teams who all could legitimately claim to be the best, then the four team playoff would look way better! And I'm sure Texas A&M is wishing it was eight teams instead!

Again, nothing's going to be perfect, and whatever it is, always can look bad way things turn out, just gotta take it as it is.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Quote Originally Posted by ArunSh View Post
    Problem is, whatever the format is there will be years that it will look bad. If it was only top two teams, and there were three teams who all could legitimately claim to be the best, then the four team playoff would look way better! And I'm sure Texas A&M is wishing it was eight teams instead!

Again, nothing's going to be perfect, and whatever it is, always can look bad way things turn out, just gotta take it as it is.
    Its not about fairness. Its about the Power 5 getting all the money and letting the crumbs fall to the G5. That is not going to change.

asiagambler
    asiagambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30412

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Except that at the end if the day the 2 best teams are playing for the title.
    The two best teams are still Alabama and Clemson this year

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7277

Quote Originally Posted by asiagambler View Post
    Guess you missed Clemson losing by 21 pts the other day. They were dominated in the trenches all game long.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

Opt outs and bullshit is what you get with bowl games........simple as that...

PaperTrail07

......OSU dominated them....

seaborneq
    It's time to collect

Every team doesn’t deserve a bowl game. That’s where we are now. Be more selective.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Guess you missed Clemson losing by 21 pts the other day. They were dominated in the trenches all game long.
    just like last year save the fluke ref calls

spurginobili
    Llano Estacado
    spurginobili's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20481

An 8-team playoff will eventually happen. I think the vast majority approve & want to see it

The current CFP contract is up in 2025. Just wish we didn't have to wait 5 more years

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    ......OSU dominated them....
    Tell me what you think the line would be if they played again today ?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Unless and until CFB makes major changes, their alleged "Championship" will mean nothing. What happened to the mighty ACC this past Bowl season. 0-6 happened. No one really knew how bad they were because all they did was play each other. Meanwhile. the Big 12, who did not even get a whiff of going to the Playoffs went 5-0. The NFL plays 16 games in their regular season and only 6 of them are against Divisional rivals. The other 10 games are spread out. Until the Colleges devise a way to play more non-conference games against meaningful opponents, and learn to control their players who can jump from school to school because they think they are a lot better than they actually are, College Football will be nothing more than a sideshow for the NFL.

PaperTrail07

even to OSU -5.5.....

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by PaperTrail07 View Post
    even to OSU -5.5.....

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

More SBR sports expertise

That's not the way sports work

OSU destroyed Clemson on a neutral field Friday

It doesn't matter what the line on a fictional game would be after that, much less insinuating that Clemson is still a better team

It's amazing what gets posted on this forum

The line was Clemson -7.5 on Friday
    They got blown off the field

So if the line for another game had Clemson favored again, which it wouldn't, that would mean Clemson is a better team in your mind??

LOL

Please stop
    Last edited by maggiethebestdog; 01-04-21 at 06:19 PM.
    Points Awarded:

PaperTrail07 gave maggiethebestdog 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    More SBR sports expertise

That's not the way sports work

OSU destroyed Clemson on a neutral field Friday

It doesn't matter what the line on a fictional game would be after that, much less insinuating that Clemson is still a better team

It's amazing what gets posted on this forum

The line was Clemson -7.5 on Friday
    They got blown off the field

So if the line for another game had Clemson favored again, which it wouldn't, that would mean Clemson is a better team in your mind??

LOL

Please stop
    If the line for another game had Clemson favoured again, which it would, that would be the definition of Clemson being the better team

maggiethebestdog

If the line for another game had Clemson favoured again, which it would, that would be the definition of Clemson being the better team
    So, according to you, the definition of a better team is who is favored before the game, not the team that is better on the field in a blowout???

Gotchya

With a healthy Justin Fields, Clemson would not be favored

Please tell me you are kidding

asiagambler

So, according to you, the definition of a better team is who is favored before the game, not the team that is better on the field in a blowout???

Gotchya

With a healthy Justin Fields, Clemson would not be favored

Please tell me you are kidding

That's not according to just me. That's what the market decides

Anything can happen in one game. Crazy things like the better team losing (yes even in a blowout)

Seems you're the type to get caught up in one game samples and become prisoner of the moment

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

[QUOTE=asiagambler;30008052]

That's not according to just me. That's what the market decides

Anything can happen in one game. Crazy things like the better team losing (yes even in a blowout)

Seems you're the type to get caught up in one game samples and become prisoner of the moment[/QUOTE

One game does change the market.
    Before the conference championship games, betonline had Ohio state -1.5 favorite over Clemson. But, Ohio state wasn’t impressive vs northwestern and Clemson dominated Notre Dame and the market changed to Clemson -7. So, Vegas is reacting to the games just like fans do.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....cfp-top-4-team

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26307

I like the 4 team playoffs better than 2. I mean if it was 2 teams this year it probably would have been Alabama vs Clemson. But we know Ohio State is better than Clemson.

asiagambler

Quote Originally Posted by champlain View Post
    One game does change the market.
    Before the conference championship games, betonline had Ohio state -1.5 favorite over Clemson. But, Ohio state wasn’t impressive vs northwestern and Clemson dominated Notre Dame and the market changed to Clemson -7. So, Vegas is reacting to the games just like fans do.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....cfp-top-4-team
    You didn't even read your own article. That's from Dec. 5th, not right before the conference championship game. That's also a lookahead line meaning it's just a guy that came up with a number, it's not a mature market

But of course one game can change the market. Every game does. That doesn't mean a team that wins in a blowout is automatically the better team and should be favoured in a rematch. Maggie implies it does though so if he thinks that then who am I to tell him different
    Last edited by asiagambler; 01-05-21 at 09:38 AM.

maggiethebestdog

You didn't even read your own article. That's from Dec. 5th, not right before the conference championship game. That's also a lookahead line meaning it's just a guy that came up with a number, it's not a mature market

But of course one game can change the market. Every game does. That doesn't mean a team that wins in a blowout is automatically the better team and should be favoured in a rematch. Maggie says it does though so if he thinks that then who am I to tell him different
    LOL

That isn't what I said at all

Please continue embarrassing yourself

You make Dumbo Swinney sound intelligent

asiagambler

LOL

That isn't what I said at all

Please continue embarrassing yourself

You make Dumbo Swinney sound intelligent
    No you didn't say it directly but you did imply it. So I'll edit it for you

PaperTrail07

Yeah Vegas would hand out free $ and favor Clemson after watching their line and DB's get toasted....makes sense....you act like this was Arizona over the bills here....Vegas would adjust -Clemson the favorite again lol.....Im sure everyone that lost $ on Clemson would double down

First 12