MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

Lot of pressure on North Carolina. ACC terrible so far

Haven't seen a conference this bad in football bowl games in a long time.

ND
    Clem
    Mia
    Wake

ALL BLOWN AWAY

NC State was respectable

But if Brown gets his shit tossed here the Comittee isn't going to be giving the ACC any credibility going forward for the extra spots.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6434

None of these non "playoff" games mean jack shit, as evidenced by all the players with pro aspirations sitting out. Carolina's offense has three early round draft picks opting out (can't blame them). Their best linebacker is out too. The idiots that run college football spent years claiming a legitimate playoff would make the regular season meaningless and kill the tradition of the bowl games, blah blah blah. Taking it out of the hands of the guys who actually play the games and letting a fukn' panel of so called "experts" decide has done just that. Congratulations fukwads, you've ruined college football. Happy New Year

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

ACC getting beat down

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

UNC looked good, the final score got away from them but they showed up. Honestly Miami and Wake Forest played hard also, but the latter went sideways once Hartman started playing catch with the other team, otherwise that was nip/tuck. Notre Dame got wrecked but they were playing Bama and probably shouldn't have been invited in the first place. I'd say the only team that looked out of character and went completely off the rails was Clemson.

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

I was just alluding to the idea that, in years past, the Big12 got that 4th spot w OK and they sucked.

This year it went to ND when everyone thought AM or a undefeated AAC team deserved it...

These lessor conferences aren't doing themselves favors by sucking ass in bowl games.

I think from here on out we see the undefeated smaller guy get that 4th spot. Better to give them a shot than have ACC/ PAC12/ BIG12 blowouts.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

The Acc did not win a single game, went 0-6

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    I was just alluding to the idea that, in years past, the Big12 got that 4th spot w OK and they sucked.

This year it went to ND when everyone thought AM or a undefeated AAC team deserved it...

These lessor conferences aren't doing themselves favors by sucking ass in bowl games.

I think from here on out we see the undefeated smaller guy get that 4th spot. Better to give them a shot than have ACC/ PAC12/ BIG12 blowouts.
    Agree Fats. Or the committee could get real "crazy" and expand the playoff field. With more meaningful games, guys would be less apt to opt-out - Would make for much better games.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

This year was really screwed up relax fatty Texas A&M had a good team