Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57517

This is important...

...The MAC intends to try to play in the spring, sources said...

Nothing like MAC football on Wednesday nights in the spring! Can't wait...

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16952

do ppl even realize that life is not worth living without midweek maction. suicides will spike tenfold.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    yes..I think we will see NFL games on Saturday also
    I think the NFL will play a few games before it goes to shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    The TV money will be huge for CFB and it's the main reason why the power 5s haven't canceled yet
    The P5s are praying for a miracle cure in the next few weeks, which ain’t coming. They will eventually cancel. Tv money is great but the risks and bad PR are greater. I’m praying for a miracle too because I love CFB. I live for CFB.

<br>

<br>

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Big 10 commissioner reportedly prefers football in the spring and has not given the go ahead for full pad practice.

Decisions will be made soon.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Spring Football? Good arguments on both sides of the issue. As far as the players go, many of them have already opted out, so that loss is not as great as the threat was 2 months ago. A limited Bowl schedule could be played. The Rose Parade and Game could be played on Monday, Memorial Day, May 31st. The Sugar Bowl can also be played that night, after the Rose Bowl. That sets up a NC game in June. College Football would have to butt heads with other sports, but let's face it, those other sports are not worth a crap. The biggest sporting event that NCAA Football would have to collide with is NCAA Hoops. The NBA is worthless and MLB is a joke. There are also other problems that would have to be overcome and I do not know if that is possible. Still, it is an option, no matter how poor an option it seems like today.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15296

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Big 10 commissioner reportedly prefers football in the spring and has not given the go ahead for full pad practice.

Decisions will be made soon.

By the end of next week all univeristies will have canceled fall sports.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Others will follow Brock.

Btw- still the best avatar on SBR.
    Thanks pal for noticing the "little things"

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Books sweating bullets

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

figure it the fuk out these parlay cards qin't gonna print themselves

Black Coffee
    Black Coffee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2360

The MAC makes no money unless they get paid for going to play against big time Power 5 schools..

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Quote Originally Posted by Black Coffee View Post
    The MAC makes no money unless they get paid for going to play against big time Power 5 schools..
    i think they actually make a grip (relatively speaking) for all of this midweek in-conf tilts that start in mid to late Oct and are always televised by ESPN networks.

i would venture that outside of the Power 5, the MAC is the biggest money making conf out of all the "mid-majors" in terms of TV dollars as it has a branded name and has been playing those midweek conf games for well over a decade now and we know many "investors" were tuning into tue and wed night football for a reason

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

An interesting tidbit that probably tells you what will happen with the CFB season. The Pac 12 delayed the start of their mandatory athletic activities until "the coronavirus pandemic began trending SIGNIFICANTLY in a negative direction." That is not going to happen until well after Labor Day at best. Time to start discussing Spring Football in ernest.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

And the B1G is not allowing pads and contact yet

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Tuesday will be a very important day. That is when the Pac 12 Presidents meet on Tuesday and some think they will vote to cancel all fall sports. Half of the Pac 12 teams are in California and Arizona, two states hit very hard by the virus. The chances of gmes being played in those states in September are very slim, at best.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Yeah, big trouble for the Pac 12.

Cal, Stanford, UCLA and USC can't even get there teams together as those counties they are in won't allow any gatherings of more than 50 people.

Could be the Pac 8, or less without Arizona teams.

It's fukked.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

My hope is that IF they go to a spring schedule, they go back to playing their full 12 game schedule. I want to see USC and Notre Dame at the Coliseum. (On TV. I have stopped going to games. Not worth the hassle).

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Spring schedule seems crazy.

What about the players seeking the draft next year? That's a lot of contact football for them.

I think you, BigDaddy, mentioned the conflict with Hoops. It's kind of a big deal as Match Madness is one heavily bet event, but you're right, it's probably the biggest conflict to worry about.

I'm not even sure what the dates of "spring football" would be but I can see them wanting to play for financial reasons. It could save the Atheltic Depts. of a lot of schools.

First 12