homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

UCONN football first FBS team to scrap the season

who will be next? will start a string of schools scrapping the season ??

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

They're horrifically bad and will likely shut football down entirely

In no way an example for others

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    They're horrifically bad and will likely shut football down entirely

In no way an example for others
    true they suck but their reasons provided will be reviewed and read by other schools and players around the country:

"After receiving guidance from state and public health officials and consulting with football student-athletes, we've decided that we will not compete on the gridiron this season," UConn athletics director David Benedict said in a news release. "The safety challenges created by COVID-19 place our football student-athletes at an unacceptable level of risk."
    EDITOR'S PICKS

Huskies football coach Randy Edsall said he consulted his players before the university made its decision.
    "We engaged and listened to the concerns of our football student-athletes and feel this is the best decision for their health, safety, and well-being," Edsall said in the news release. "Our team is united in this approach and we will use this time to further player development within the program and gear ourselves to the 2021 season."

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25232

Ya, UConn was debating shutting down football long before there was a Corona Virus

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15218

First one team
    then a few more
    eventually all of them

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

They turned independent and lost about 5 games this year that they can't make up. Conferences are turning to schedules that are inclusive, and that's how they lost a majority of their games. If they had stayed in the AAC, we wouldn't be reading this story right now.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    They turned independent and lost about 5 games this year that they can't make up. Conferences are turning to schedules that are inclusive, and that's how they lost a majority of their games. If they had stayed in the AAC, we wouldn't be reading this story right now.
    they joined the Big East last year

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

Ths first of many dominos.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    they joined the Big East last year
    Correct. That's why their football team is independent starting in 2020 since the Big East does not have a football conference. 2019 was their last AAC season in football.

Buckandadime
    Act as if
    Buckandadime's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2353

Does anyone have a guess as to how many weeks of NCAAFB we have until the season is shut down completely?
    I'm gonna guess 5 weeks O/U..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They’re terrible I don’t think that’s a big story

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i can see other schools following suit that are on similar levels with their football programs.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90060

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    They’re terrible I don’t think that’s a big story
    Exactly , nobody will miss them.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Major money is involved. The season will happen in major conferences. How many players opt out is another story.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Major money is involved. The season will happen in major conferences. How many players opt out is another story.
    I hope so but I’m thinking we’re not going to see CFB this year. The money to be made is offset by the loss of revenue due to potential lawsuits as athletes and parents/friends get infected. There’s a high risk that we could see fatalities as well. I don’t think the universities are going to take the chance. Bad PR if your school is responsible for the death of a student athlete because of your greed.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

they get the same amount of wins they would have got had they actually played

Nitrogen
    Chasing
    Nitrogen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 401

Program lost 13 million last year. And that's with around 18,000 attending games (many of them freebie tix granted)

But still. Doubt they're the last team to bail, but this one was kind of telegraphed pre-covid.

homie1975

Correct. That's why their football team is independent starting in 2020 since the Big East does not have a football conference. 2019 was their last AAC season in football.
    got it.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I hope so but I’m thinking we’re not going to see CFB this year. The money to be made is offset by the loss of revenue due to potential lawsuits as athletes and parents/friends get infected. There’s a high risk that we could see fatalities as well. I don’t think the universities are going to take the chance. Bad PR if your school is responsible for the death of a student athlete because of your greed.
    Thus the option to opt out. The kids don't have to play.

“All member schools must adhere to federal, state and local guidelines related to COVID-19,” the document states. The NCAA says its guidelines are not meant to be an “absolute fail-safe document” since some areas have more infections than others.

The NCAA also informed its members the association will establish a phone line “to allow college athletes, parents or others to report alleged failures” about COVID-19 protocols. The NBA created something similar, mockingly dubbed the “snitch line,” for players in the Orlando bubble.

“The Association will notify school and conference administrators, who will be expected to take immediate action,” the NCAA’s email to members said.

Also, any athlete that chooses to opt out of the upcoming season because of coronavirus concerns, their scholarship “must be honored by the college or university.”

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Buckandadime View Post
    Does anyone have a guess as to how many weeks of NCAAFB we have until the season is shut down completely?
    I'm gonna guess 5 weeks O/U..
    my O/U is NO FBS team plays more than 3 games so i have O/U 3.5 games per team across the board

homie1975

exactly. a player is going to end up on a ventilator very soon and then the whole thing will get shut down immediately, NBA style when Gobert tested positive they shut it down and did not play another reg season game for nearly 5 mos

and that too, in a bubble.

power 5 is wasting their time if they think they can actually get teams on the field to play each other this season. this thing probably gets shut down 2-3 weeks into hitting in pads in practice

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Responding to reports of schools forcing athletes to sign liability waivers, the NCAA took a firm stand. “Member schools may not require student-athletes to waive their legal rights regarding COVID-19 as a condition of athletics participation,” the letter said.

“Member schools, in conjunction with existing insurance standards, must cover COVID-19 related medical expenses for student-athletes to prevent out-of-pocket expenses for college athletes and their families,” the NCAA told members.

“Our decisions place emphasis where it belongs — on the health and safety of college athletes,” Emmert said in his letter to members. “Student-athletes should never feel pressured into playing their sport if they do not believe it is safe to do so. These policies ensure they can make thoughtful, informed decisions about playing this fall.”

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Small schools might pull out, lets be honest we only need 5 or 6 conferences to play

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

Small schools might pull out, lets be honest we only need 5 or 6 conferences to play
    we actually only need the SEC...ok, add in Clemson, Ohio State, and Texas/Notre Dame for money if you want

That is it

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

I beg to differ. This is my business at stake and everyone needs to play. Gamblers want more options, more teams, more games, more conferences, all of it. The more we have, the higher likelihood we can be opportunistic.

I pray this does not bleed into NCAA Hoops. That would be catastrophic, yet very possible because of the indoor setting. Hoops might not be as reliant on fans, so maybe they'll work something out.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    I beg to differ. This is my business at stake and everyone needs to play. Gamblers want more options, more teams, more games, more conferences, all of it. The more we have, the higher likelihood we can be opportunistic.

I pray this does not bleed into NCAA Hoops. That would be catastrophic, yet very possible because of the indoor setting. Hoops might not be as reliant on fans, so maybe they'll work something out.
    So says a man who is by far and away, the biggest liar in here. Keep dreaming you moron. You are nothing close to a major player. Tell us how much you have LOST overall, and be honest. I have repeatedly warned you that your stays at a certainly mental facility are a matter of public record and the same holds true for your 5150 episodes. Stop your lying B.S.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

The only thing shocking about this thread is that UCONN has a football team??

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    So says a man who is by far and away, the biggest liar in here. Keep dreaming you moron. You are nothing close to a major player. Tell us how much you have LOST overall, and be honest. I have repeatedly warned you that your stays at a certainly mental facility are a matter of public record and the same holds true for your 5150 episodes. Stop your lying B.S.
    Do you just project? Remember when you got caught, multiple times lying about best you never won and couldn't have made?

Remember that? I pointed it out, proved you not only lie about winning, but acutally air bet because some of those bets never existed.

Remember that?

Remember when you sent me a PM begging me to "stop being an asshole," that's right SBR BigDaddyQH, of all posters, sent me a PM asking me to stop being an asshole. LMAO

Remember that?

Yet here you are again. How is that not some kind of mental instability?

All truth, and I could link away QH. You want me to do that?

Do you need to be reminded?

Mac4Lyfe

Responding to reports of schools forcing athletes to sign liability waivers, the NCAA took a firm stand. “Member schools may not require student-athletes to waive their legal rights regarding COVID-19 as a condition of athletics participation,” the letter said.

“Member schools, in conjunction with existing insurance standards, must cover COVID-19 related medical expenses for student-athletes to prevent out-of-pocket expenses for college athletes and their families,” the NCAA told members.

“Our decisions place emphasis where it belongs — on the health and safety of college athletes,” Emmert said in his letter to members. “Student-athletes should never feel pressured into playing their sport if they do not believe it is safe to do so. These policies ensure they can make thoughtful, informed decisions about playing this fall.”
    Fukkkkk... Game over man.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Do you just project? Remember when you got caught, multiple times lying about best you never won and couldn't have made?

Remember that? I pointed it out, proved you not only lie about winning, but acutally air bet because some of those bets never existed.

Remember that?

Remember when you sent me a PM begging me to "stop being an asshole," that's right SBR BigDaddyQH, of all posters, sent me a PM asking me to stop being an asshole. LMAO

Remember that?

Yet here you are again. How is that not some kind of mental instability?

All truth, and I could link away QH. You want me to do that?

Do you need to be reminded?

Do you need to be reminded that the ONLY reason why you are still posting is because I ALLOW you to? Do you really want me to put an end to your B.S? You ARE a lying piece of crap. You have run every time you think I may be near. Do you want me to put you out of your misery? They do that to sick animals. I will have you committed again. I have the power to do so. You are a known 5150 in the State of California. It does not take too much to have people like you put away. Keep running, you lying piece of crap.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

You will see College Football this season. How much remains the big question. I cannot see it going for more than a couple of games. The Big 10 is going to try first along with a lot of meaningless games. If Covid-19 hits the Big 10 hard, the season is over. The Big 10 may have already lost Rutgers.

homie1975

You will see College Football this season. How much remains the big question. I cannot see it going for more than a couple of games. The Big 10 is going to try first along with a lot of meaningless games. If Covid-19 hits the Big 10 hard, the season is over. The Big 10 may have already lost Rutgers.
    BD you did a 180. not long ago, maybe a month or less, you said CFB was done. i admit, i agreed. however, the greed is too much. they are going to force it and it will end within 3-4 weeks of starting.

Mac4Lyfe

I will be shocked if we see any CFB games this year. The risk is greater than the reward. Game over for this season. 1,000+ B10 players are already demanding safety protocols including insurance against infections or guys opting out still maintaining their scholarships. CFB is done.

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

I will be shocked if we see any CFB games this year. The risk is greater than the reward. Game over for this season. 1,000+ B10 players are already demanding safety protocols including insurance against infections or guys opting out still maintaining their scholarships. CFB is done.
    Then you got the Pac 12 demands from some players, including social justice issues.

I'll just post a link, it's too much to paste into the thread...

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en...ootball-season

KVB
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO

Do you need to be reminded that the ONLY reason why you are still posting is because I ALLOW you to? Do you really want me to put an end to your B.S? You ARE a lying piece of crap. You have run every time you think I may be near. Do you want me to put you out of your misery? They do that to sick animals. I will have you committed again. I have the power to do so. You are a known 5150 in the State of California. It does not take too much to have people like you put away. Keep running, you lying piece of crap.

Whaaaat?

You are a verfieid air bettor, not sure what your trying say about me. None of that even makes any sense.

12 Last