Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Getting Covid in the past basically means nothing you can still get it again so it’s a wasted test

True

The only hope is it gradually goes away

Probably wont though because China likely has ppl here intentionally releasing the virus onto the population

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Its not happening.
    Legal issues , testing is only at that specific point in time. Football is brutal, unlike baseball , they're spread out , very minimal contact .
    One person sweating, bleeding leds to 20 infected , leads to huge lawsuits .
    No way regardless of current direction Football happens .
    Other sports , sure , depending on each circumstances and limited contact vs Football.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2163

I say it’s 0% no way there is a season.

dark star
    dark star's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5527

If these stupid ass states like Florida and Texas took this a little more serious we would have had a shot at college football in fall.Now we are shot because of ignorance.I mean you had to be watching what ws happening in Italy...then N.Y, New Jersey Conn Mass...I mean its not brain surgery.

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Said it 3 months ago

Old news

-------------------------------------

DARK STAR----------EGG ZACT LEE

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by Fishhead View Post
    Said it 3 months ago

Old news

-------------------------------------

DARK STAR----------EGG ZACT LEE
    Fisher
    the curve was bending in May, college football had a much greater likelihood of happening but without fans

the recent case spikes in AZ, CA, FL, TX, have effed the whole thing up.

sports outlets discussing the subject every day.

conferences going to conf only schedules

very relevant subject now, more than ever

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Football in the fall is just about D.O.A. Not going to happen. The remaining question is about the feasibility of Spring Football. I believe the minuses outweigh the pluses. If they cannot play in the fall, just cancel the season and start work on 2021.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Football in the fall is just about D.O.A. Not going to happen. The remaining question is about the feasibility of Spring Football. I believe the minuses outweigh the pluses. If they cannot play in the fall, just cancel the season and start work on 2021.
    Good post Bigdaddy, and spot on. See--when you aren't proclaiming that everyone except you is a moron, or saying that you can kick everyone's ass, you bring some good posts to the table. Kudos.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25232

I asked a question back in March when I posted several times that there would be no college football. How would these owners, GM's, coaches, have any real idea what to do when they have not played for over a year. Going to be very interesting.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    I think it all goes away after the election regardless of who wins.
    There is a 0% chance the coronavirus goes away before the election.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 259

Can someone a lot smarter than me explain how AAU can play all these games in multiple cities during the “hottest” time of a pandemic but college sports can’t start on time?

- Brad Witherspoon, Assistant Men's Basketball Coach Barton Community College.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15224

Quote Originally Posted by hostile takeover View Post
    There is a 0% chance the coronavirus goes away before the election.
    It went away during the riots?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

The problem is liberals run colleges that’s why there’s no college football no other reason not corona
    Points Awarded:

toddsclowns gave jjgold 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hostile takeover
    hostile takeover's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5372

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    It went away during the riots?
    touché

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The problem is liberals run colleges that’s why there’s no college football no other reason not corona
    JJ. It is time to have you committed to a mental institution. It is obvious by your above statement that you are totally incapable of thinking logically. You get worse and worse every day. You do a tremendous amount of damage to SBR. You are NOT a moderator, nor should you be. People who go off the deep end with some posts just point to you and your posts as to why they do it. You are a complete and total failure when it comes to leadership and gambling in general.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

We got to get the liberals out of college they’re destroying kids minds there’s absolutely no risk to anybody under 30 years old even if you get corona

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

There’s 0% chance MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, NASCAR, PGA, USTA, are all playing and college doesn’t.

Use your heads.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Plaza23 View Post
    There’s 0% chance MLB, NHL, NBA, NFL, NASCAR, PGA, USTA, are all playing and college doesn’t.

Use your heads.
    Institutionally I'd like to think this is true but I have disagree, college football an entirely different animal with more teams in division I than the MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL combined.

Many schools won't be able to afford it due to ticket sales restrictions.

Not to mention the optics of some campuses not bringing students back in the fall.

NCAAF going to be a clusterfukk as there will be more differences across the country and lack of timely testing to complicate things every week.

I wish it wasn't that way, but it sure looks that way.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    Institutionally I'd like to think this is true but I have disagree, college football an entirely different animal with more teams in division I than the MLB, NBA, NHL and NFL combined.

Many schools won't be able to afford it due to ticket sales restrictions.

Not to mention the optics of some campuses not bringing students back in the fall.

NCAAF going to be a clusterfukk as there will be more differences across the country and lack of timely testing to complicate things every week.

I wish it wasn't that way, but it sure looks that way.

How about these optics, cancel fall sports because of whichever reason that hasn’t been named, yet football players at the same universities should play football?? Its safe enough to play football, but NOT volleyball?? Are football players lives/risks less valued than other student athletes. Canceled or didn’t finish all spring sports yet we must play college football. Those are bad optics. No football. NFL either.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by seaborneq View Post
    ...Are football players lives/risks less valued than other student athletes...
    No, they carry more value. They provide the programs for almost all other student athletes. Not scholarships, but the programs.

Without the ticket sales from college football, most athletic departments in the country that have come to rely on those sales will fail.

Without those ticket sales, there is no volleyball, no swimming, etc.

That's the problem the schools are having and the optics aren't good either way.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    No, they carry more value. They provide the programs for almost all other student athletes. Not scholarships, but the programs.

Without the ticket sales from college football, most athletic departments in the country that have come to rely on those sales will fail.

Without those ticket sales, there is no volleyball, no swimming, etc.

That's the problem the schools are having and the optics aren't good either way.
    The optics look bad to offer full scholarships for sports that can’t even generate enough revenue to pay a coach’s salary and support staff yet the athletic departments always whine about not having enough money to pay the student athletes who pay for all the other programs. All scholarships are equal until the football team cant pay for everyone else’s freight. I hope everyone gets to play this year. Volleyball, lacrosse, golf, tennis, track and field, softball, equestrian, baseball, and if the sports can’t pay their own freight then drop them. Either that or pay the players that pay for everybody else. Let’s find out what a scholarship is truly worth.
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave seaborneq 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

homie1975

Use your heads.
    Wrong.

homie1975

Use your heads.
    It's apples and oranges. Only the NFL that you listed is comparable. Why? Contact sport and high roster numbers. Hockey? Yes contact sport but smaller roster numbers?

Cfb? Contact sport and biggest roster by far.

All of the other sports you listed can play and still watch CFB get sidelined.

This is very obvious. You either get it or you don't

homie1975

MLB easy. Separation on field
    Golf easy. Separation
    Soccer easy. Separation. Little contact comparatively
    Tennis. Lmfao so easy separation

NHL. Contact. But small rosters
    NFL. Contact. Big rosters. Uh oh. Trouble

CFB? rotflmfao. Contact. Huge rosters, the biggest. No students in school but you have them practicing?

This to me is common sense that other sports can play while they sit.

Awful comparison dude. Just awful

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    MLB easy. Separation on field
    Golf easy. Separation
    Soccer easy. Separation. Little contact comparatively
    Tennis. Lmfao so easy separation

NHL. Contact. But small rosters
    NFL. Contact. Big rosters. Uh oh. Trouble

CFB? rotflmfao. Contact. Huge rosters, the biggest. No students in school but you have them practicing?

This to me is common sense that other sports can play while they sit.

Awful comparison dude. Just awful
    Let’s bet posting rights. I bet you that there will be college football games this season. If there is, you leave. If they don’t, I leave.

But I’ll warn you, I’m undefeated at these bets. Last dude I retired was 2dabank. I bet him Lamar Jackson wouldn’t win a playoff game. He lost. He left.

Put up or shut up time. You been running your mouth for months. Let’s see how much you believe in it.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Let’s bet posting rights. I bet you that there will be college football games this season. If there is, you leave. If they don’t, I leave.

But I’ll warn you, I’m undefeated at these bets. Last dude I retired was 2dabank. I bet him Lamar Jackson wouldn’t win a playoff game. He lost. He left.

Put up or shut up time. You been running your mouth for months. Let’s see how much you believe in it.
    Why you gonna go and lie? I’ve never made any such bet.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post

Why you gonna go and lie? I’ve never made any such bet.

welllllllll, this is awkward

gshock1
    gshock1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 750

Urban is as well connected as anyone. He is optimistic there will be games.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...g-to-play/amp/

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

I was really looking forward to UGA Alabama late September. Damn, Damn, Damn. Shit.

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

all politics

just like AAU basketball, little league has been running full steam every weekend no issues

fuk college

if TRUMP wins go to a service academy

if the other guy wins DO NOT do that

homie1975

There could be 1 game played in NOV. and you win.

How about we bet 1500 bet points that the over/under is 3.5 games. NO team plays O3.5 in calendar year 2020?

Why would I wager that? Cfb greed. They may try to force it.

Oh wait we cannot bet points because YOU'RE NOT A PRO

yes I've been running my mouth and I've been right

Covid. Stock market V shape recovery preduction in april. You're right - running my mouth and have been right

No go Pro and let's wager 1500 bet points that O/U 3.5 games for any FBS team is the number. I'll take U3.5

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    all politics

just like AAU basketball, little league has been running full steam every weekend no issues

fuk college

if TRUMP wins go to a service academy

if the other guy wins DO NOT do that
    Little league? Where? Timbuktu?

Lmao where is little league running? Schools closed all over the country but little league running? What a joke

homie1975

NFL players tweeting at league yday

CFB in dire state

Why? Contact sports. They tackle and dog pile. Infection will spread like crazy
    Also huge rosters so tons of guys in locker room. Cannot distance lockers.

Hockey hits too, I know. But they slam into each other, they dont wrap up and tackle and get into dog piles of 10 players.

Hockey also much small rosters than nfl and CFB

All common sense here

homie1975

It will take a minor miracle to get NFL in 2020

It will take total miracle to get CFB in 2020.

Facts. The virus is in control, not us.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by gshock1 View Post
    Urban is as well connected as anyone. He is optimistic there will be games.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/se...g-to-play/amp/
    The guy posting right now (me) knows 100x more about Covid and the current data than urban meyer does. Great football coach. Has no idea what he's talking about re CFB. None.

First 12345 ... Last