SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Colorado reaches out to Eric Bieniemy for job

Bieniemy starred at running back for Colorado from 1987 to '90, and finished his career as the school's all-time leader rusher (3,940 yards). He had two assistant coaching stints there after finishing up his NFL playing career.
    Bieniemy has spent the past seven years with the Chiefs, and despite interest from several NFL teams for head-coaching vacancies, they all have gone in different directions.
    The Buffs are looking to fill the vacancy after Tucker did an about-face and took the Michigan State job Wednesday.
    Athletic director Rick George has since named Darrin Chiaverini , who spearheaded the Buffs' top-35 recruiting class this year, as interim head coach.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Desperation move by a team that is guaranteed another last place finish in the Pac 12 South. They will be very lucky to break even in 2020. 4 wins is more like it.

Jayson25
    Jayson25's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

While i agree Colorado football is on a 30 year downfall, i will also say that I dont think its a desperation move. Eric is Colorado for life, i jumped on the buffalo bandwagon as a 11 year old in the fall of 1987 in a televised game vs illinois is all i needed to see this was my team. And it worked out good for a few seasons, including a split national title in 1990. Since then colorado football has turned from a sexy piece of ass into a 400 pound moose and for some reason i stayed with them. So reaching out to arguably the biggest buffaloes legend ever makes sense to me, plus he is a solid coach who has learned some stuff from andy reid plus recruiting will be even better than the 35th ranked class we put out for the 2020 season. Its a matter of time til colorado football gets back on top for a few years at least again. As long as we stay away from liars like mel tucker we will be cool.