thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clemson v. LSU - Pick and Write-Up

38-33 in the regular season 10-8 in bowls

48-41 Overall

I'm on LSU at 5.5. Even though Clemson won the ACC, Ohio State was the first top team Clemson beat all year. The ACC was horrible this year, with Virginia, the team in the ACC championship game being nearly 16 point underdogs to Florida, a team that didn't even make the SEC championship game, and a Florida team with a backup QB.

Clemson replaced most of their defensive line this year, losing 2 key NFL players, Lawrence and Farrel, and the defensive line got almost no pressure on Fields most of the game. The defensive line wasn't always consistent against Dobbs either.Clemson's speed at linebacker isn't the same as it was last year either. LSU is much deeper at rb than Ohio State, OSU had nothing after Dobbs since Teague was ineffective, and Clemson won't be able to load the box against Burrow. Burrow has also been strong against the blitz and Clemson's front four struggled against an OSU team that was the first top line they faced all year.

LSU had huge leads all year against weak opponents and the defense played soft zone and prevent so many LSU games had final scores that were misleading - like the Vanderbilt game, but LSU's defense has stepped up in big games against top opponents like Bama, Georgia, and Oklahoma.

LSU has a partial home advantage and Clemson's front four will likely struggled to stop the run or get consistent pressure on Burrow. As good as Clemson's offense looked in the ACC, the offensive line was mediocre against Ohio State and LSU's defense has been better in big games and recently. LSU also won't be surprised the way Ohio State was by Lawrence running a lot.

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

The Odom Family wish you well...

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

no brainer
    Last edited by jtoler; 01-08-20 at 03:11 PM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Nice write up but this is not game 1 of the season and that is what your write up sounds like. I still cannot wager against a team that has won 29 straight games and has been in this spot many times before. Pass.

RiverDog21
    RiverDog21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 814

As a clemson fan I’m so glad to see you on LSU. You thought Bama would beat clemson last year and as usual you couldnt have been more wrong.when will you ever learn? As someone who as has watched every play of every clemson game for 20 years I’m letting you know that this is the best team that clemson has ever fielded. Clemson wins this game straight up.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by RiverDog21 View Post
    As a clemson fan I’m so glad to see you on LSU. You thought Bama would beat clemson last year and as usual you couldnt have been more wrong.when will you ever learn? As someone who as has watched every play of every clemson game for 20 years I’m letting you know that this is the best team that clemson has ever fielded. Clemson wins this game straight up.
    if you think this Clemson team is better than last year's team you are the dumbest person on the forum. Clemson defensive line last year was one of the best in college football history. You are a dumb parasite.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Nice write up but this is not game 1 of the season and that is what your write up sounds like. I still cannot wager against a team that has won 29 straight games and has been in this spot many times before. Pass.
    Only a moron would argue that what happen 2 seasons ago matters now.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Only a moron would argue that what happen 2 seasons ago matters now.
    Yea cause Dabo winning big Games means nothing, lol, ok.

RiverDog21

if you think this Clemson team is better than last year's team you are the dumbest person on the forum. Clemson defensive line last year was one of the best in college football history. You are a dumb parasite.
    I don’t think it I know it. Clemson has one of the best and most versatile offenses in college football history. Trevor Lawrence is the best quarterback in the nation and it’s not closed it’s true that the defensive line was better last year but the defense as a whole is better this year. They are much better at linebacker and defensive back this season. Isaiah is the most physically gifted defensive player in the country. The two most complete teams in the country are clemson and Ohio state and they’ve already won that matchup. LSU will be a step down in competition. You obviously know nothing about clemson football as you thought Bama was going to beat them last year. And as far as the dumbest person on the forum it’s you, your record speaks for itself. I don’t need a fade on this game because I know clemson will win this game but I would appreciate it if you keep posting those NBA fades. Take care Fukboy

RiverDog21

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Excellent point. Clemson has a big game coach and a big game quarterback and their experience will pay dividends but I’m sure that this kind of logic is lost on Fukboy

jtoler

dude OSU pushed their shyt in they’re only in this spot because of a lot of help and luck
    Last edited by jtoler; 01-09-20 at 04:50 PM.

kelly@Vegas
    kelly@Vegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 592

This is why moron I mean morino is a losing gambler. The correct play is Clemson and the points. You make this kind of bet 100 times you will be in the 1 percent of people that win long term. Anything can happen with 1 game. Turnovers, bad calls , bad luck etc but if you bet Clemson in this situation and get the best of it long term you will be up. This line makes absolutely no sense to begin with. Recency bias is the only explanation for it. If you find inefficiencies in the betting market for a game like this and you take Clemson every time I can’t stress it enough you will be up long term. The bet here without hesitation is Clemson plus the points. It’s the correct bet win or lose.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by kelly@Vegas View Post
    This is why moron I mean morino is a losing gambler. The correct play is Clemson and the points. You make this kind of bet 100 times you will be in the 1 percent of people that win long term. Anything can happen with 1 game. Turnovers, bad calls , bad luck etc but if you bet Clemson in this situation and get the best of it long term you will be up. This line makes absolutely no sense to begin with. Recency bias is the only explanation for it. If you find inefficiencies in the betting market for a game like this and you take Clemson every time I can’t stress it enough you will be up long term. The bet here without hesitation is Clemson plus the points. It’s the correct bet win or lose.
    be here after the game

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

38-33 in the regular season 10-8 in bowls

48-41 Overall

I'm on LSU at 5.5. Even though Clemson won the ACC, Ohio State was the first top team Clemson beat all year. The ACC was horrible this year, with Virginia, the team in the ACC championship game being nearly 16 point underdogs to Florida, a team that didn't even make the SEC championship game, and a Florida team with a backup QB.

Clemson replaced most of their defensive line this year, losing 2 key NFL players, Lawrence and Farrel, and the defensive line got almost no pressure on Fields most of the game. The defensive line wasn't always consistent against Dobbs either.Clemson's speed at linebacker isn't the same as it was last year either. LSU is much deeper at rb than Ohio State, OSU had nothing after Dobbs since Teague was ineffective, and Clemson won't be able to load the box against Burrow. Burrow has also been strong against the blitz and Clemson's front four struggled against an OSU team that was the first top line they faced all year.

LSU had huge leads all year against weak opponents and the defense played soft zone and prevent so many LSU games had final scores that were misleading - like the Vanderbilt game, but LSU's defense has stepped up in big games against top opponents like Bama, Georgia, and Oklahoma.

LSU has a partial home advantage and Clemson's front four will likely struggled to stop the run or get consistent pressure on Burrow. As good as Clemson's offense looked in the ACC, the offensive line was mediocre against Ohio State and LSU's defense has been better in big games and recently. LSU also won't be surprised the way Ohio State was by Lawrence running a lot.
    Why would clemson struggle to get pressure on Burrow? LSU offensive line is 30th ranked according to PFF. Clemson has the 3rd best sack rate in the nation which would be the best LSU has faced. Joe Burrow is great and will still make plays I’m sure but don’t be surprised if Clemson gets to him.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post

Why would clemson struggle to get pressure on Burrow? LSU offensive line is 30th ranked according to PFF. Clemson has the 3rd best sack rate in the nation which would be the best LSU has faced. Joe Burrow is great and will still make plays I’m sure but don’t be surprised if Clemson gets to him.
    Clemson's defensive stats were in the acc, lsus stats were in the sec. If lsus offensive line ranks 30th playing an sec schedule they'd be too 10 playing am acc schedule. Clemson's front four got very little pressure on fields.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by kelly@Vegas View Post
    This line implies Clemson is only 2 points worse than lsu on a neutral if you factor in home field advantage, I don't see recency bias moron.

thomorino

I'm saying looking ng at completely different teams records from years ago is meaningless.

thomorino

Excellent point. Clemson has a big game coach and a big game quarterback and their experience will pay dividends but I’m sure that this kind of logic is lost on Fukboy
    Fuk off

2daBank

I didn’t mean to be harsh about it, I have no problem w Morino but I don’t like when someone calls others morons just cause they see something different.

Personally I do think the last 4-5 years are something worth taking into account. I thought experience showed against osu and think it will again here, imo there value in the coach and some the players being involved in many other championship and big games while everyone on LSU is getting their 1st taste of these games. They got a free pass in the semi’s, pretty damn confident in saying this gonna be totally different.

I’m with you in saying I don’t think Clemson was better last year, different for sure as they did lose a lot up front on defense but agree Clemson secondary is better this year. Lawrence is more experienced which obviously makes him better than last year imo.

I think Etienne gonna have a monster game here cause I agree w Morino that LSU is gonna be way more aware of Lawrence rushing ability considering what they will see on film of the osu game and also cause they have to be aware of how ol miss qb absolutely shredded them with his legs rushing for over 200 yards!! As we see all the time, when teams have to put focus on stopping the qb from running it gives the offense a blocking numbers advantage when they hand it to the tailback. Etienne gonna go off I think.

I wouldn’t be so sure Lawrence doesn’t continue having success on ground also. LSU plays lot of man to man which makes it much tougher to contain running QBs. Are they gonna really go to zone d? That be a mistake too cause then Lawrence will pick them apart thru the air not to mention guys who used to playing primarily man prob make mistakes if asked to play zone. In other words pick your poison, Clemson offense is incredibly tough cause they can beat you a lot of ways. Imo Lawrence the only lead pipe lock in next 2 drafts to be a great nfl qb (i think Tua would be if not for the health concerns), he a generational type talent. No disrespect to burrow he been incredible but he isn't that.

Clemson success on offense will greatly help their defense imo. I’m not crazy enough to think they can shut down the LSU offense, I don’t think that can be done. However I do think Venables will throw all kinds of shit LSU hasn’t seen at them and confuse Burrow a time or 2 just as he did Fields. Clemson corners are excellent which much like the ravens gives them flexibility to play all kinds of games with blitzes and different coverages. My biggest concern would be LSU running backs in the passing game, I’m sure LSU gonna see what I did that dobbins was open out the backfield time and again that entire game.. if Clemson can hold them to 30 I love their chances. 34-30 Clemson. I like the under as well.,

kelly@Vegas
    kelly@Vegas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 592

This line implies Clemson is only 2 points worse than lsu on a neutral if you factor in home field advantage, I don't see recency bias moron.
    What home field advantage lmao there is no home field advantage here even if you think there is. What Clemson hasn’t played in a big bowl game before? O wait they beat Alabama last year lmao

2daBank

I'm saying looking ng at completely different teams records from years ago is meaningless.
    I’m not sure how you find it meaningless that this entire coaching staff has been taking part in the biggest games for 5 years straight and won 29 in a row? Lot of the kids were part of a great deal those wins. Imo that kind of experience showed up vs osu and will again here against a LSU squad this is all new to.

thomorino

I’m not sure how you find it meaningless that this entire coaching staff has been taking part in the biggest games for 5 years straight and won 29 in a row? Lot of the kids were part of a great deal those wins. Imo that kind of experience showed up vs osu and will again here against a LSU squad this is all new to.
    I think experience matters, I'm saying the teams record when the players were different 2 years ago doesn't mean anything to me.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2013

Hell yeah! The soul for SBR will be played out Monday. LeMartin v. Moron... Lol

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Hell yeah! The soul for SBR will be played out Monday. LeMartin v. Moron... Lol
    Fuk off

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2013

Fuk off
    Why so angry? Is it because this is the closest you will get to a female?
    Points Awarded:

stake1 gave Headsterx 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

my gut just says bet LSU they gonna roll wish they played the game tomorrow!

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post

Why so angry? Is it because this is the closest you will get to a female?
    You aren't worth getting angry at parasite.

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

This a very hard game, I also thought Clemson a bit lucky against Ohio St, probably going to bet lsu also but not big or with a lot of confidence

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7247

I think Clemson can run the ball on LSU which they couldnt do against OSU who had a much better D. Etienne is going to have a big game and Dabo will want to run clock. Dont like clemsons FG kicker which might lead to them going on 4th down.

thomorino

I didn’t mean to be harsh about it, I have no problem w Morino but I don’t like when someone calls others morons just cause they see something different.

Personally I do think the last 4-5 years are something worth taking into account. I thought experience showed against osu and think it will again here, imo there value in the coach and some the players being involved in many other championship and big games while everyone on LSU is getting their 1st taste of these games. They got a free pass in the semi’s, pretty damn confident in saying this gonna be totally different.

I’m with you in saying I don’t think Clemson was better last year, different for sure as they did lose a lot up front on defense but agree Clemson secondary is better this year. Lawrence is more experienced which obviously makes him better than last year imo.

I think Etienne gonna have a monster game here cause I agree w Morino that LSU is gonna be way more aware of Lawrence rushing ability considering what they will see on film of the osu game and also cause they have to be aware of how ol miss qb absolutely shredded them with his legs rushing for over 200 yards!! As we see all the time, when teams have to put focus on stopping the qb from running it gives the offense a blocking numbers advantage when they hand it to the tailback. Etienne gonna go off I think.

I wouldn’t be so sure Lawrence doesn’t continue having success on ground also. LSU plays lot of man to man which makes it much tougher to contain running QBs. Are they gonna really go to zone d? That be a mistake too cause then Lawrence will pick them apart thru the air not to mention guys who used to playing primarily man prob make mistakes if asked to play zone. In other words pick your poison, Clemson offense is incredibly tough cause they can beat you a lot of ways. Imo Lawrence the only lead pipe lock in next 2 drafts to be a great nfl qb (i think Tua would be if not for the health concerns), he a generational type talent. No disrespect to burrow he been incredible but he isn't that.

Clemson success on offense will greatly help their defense imo. I’m not crazy enough to think they can shut down the LSU offense, I don’t think that can be done. However I do think Venables will throw all kinds of shit LSU hasn’t seen at them and confuse Burrow a time or 2 just as he did Fields. Clemson corners are excellent which much like the ravens gives them flexibility to play all kinds of games with blitzes and different coverages. My biggest concern would be LSU running backs in the passing game, I’m sure LSU gonna see what I did that dobbins was open out the backfield time and again that entire game.. if Clemson can hold them to 30 I love their chances. 34-30 Clemson. I like the under as well.,
    I agree Clemson's offense will be able to move the ball, but I don't see Clemson's defensive line holding up and lsu doesn't need to get man stops defensively with their offense likely scoring 30-40. Lsu defense has played very well this past month and I think they will do enough, but obviously Lawrence will have his moments. I think we get 38-27 type of game. Lawrence isn't a great runner, his running caught oau by surprise, it is very risky to run him though and risk injury since he's not used to running and protecting himself like a traditional dual threat qb.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

The look ahead line for this by the Westgate was Clemson -1. I think public perception is at an all time high for LSU. If it goes to 7 which I doubt feel like I have to slam Clemson.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Clemson it is...Morino is a parasite

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Clemson it is...Morino is a parasite
    Fuk off roach motel shit.

Alright Alright
    Alright Alright's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The Clemson Tigers defense should be watching tape of the Auburn Tigers defense versus the LSU Tigers offense. Auburn was able to hold LSU and Joe Burrows to 23 points in Death Valley.

kufan11
    kufan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    You don't think that 3rd ranked sack rate has anything to do with playing in a conference where the #2 team is virginia who was 16 point underdogs to the 4th or 5th best team in the SEC, their schedule was a joke if we are being honest.

123 Last