bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma, Notre Dame Finalizing Deal for Two-Game Series

Theres no way that Bobby Bowden will be coaching in 2012. He's like 77 years now, and there is no way possible he will be coaching at the age of 83 when this match up takes place.

Oklahoma, Notre Dame Finalizing Deal for Two-Game Series

Friday, July 27th, 2007

Charlie Weis could be facing Bobby Bowden in 2012. (AI Wire Photo)

The University of Oklahoma and Notre Dame are planning for two football games, one in Norman in 2012 and one in South Bend, Ind., in 2013.

Notre Dame athletic director Kevin White previously announced that Oklahoma would replace Michigan for two years after the current contract between Notre Dame and Michigan expires in 2011.

Notre Dame sports information director John Heisler said his school has wanted to play the Sooners again ever since the two teams met in 1999 in South Bend. Notre Dame won that game 34-30. It was the first time the two schools had played in 31 years.

"We've been talking about this for a long time," Heisler said. "It was just complicated."

Notre Dame has an 8-1 record against the Sooners.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm thinking they've got the wrong Bob. Either way, Charlie Weis and his 56-28 pants probably aren't going to be around in 2012 either.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

What does Bobby Bowden have to do with these two teams?

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

please get here season...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I love it when big name schools go at in the non-conference schedule. The worst thing is seeing Oklahoma vs. N.Texas. The point spreads are so difficult and the game is so uncompetitive.....