BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Head Coaches Who May be Fired

1. Clay Helton, USC...Helton may not make it to the Notre Dame game on 10/12. USC opens with Fresno State and Stanford at home, goes to BYU, hosts Utah, and goes to Washington. Three losses is certainly possible, and that will be enough to fire him. If he somehow makes it to the Irish game, he will last the season, but not any longer. It will take a minor miracle for this team win 9 games and that is what it will take to save his job. Too bad, because this team only loses 1 player on their offensive starting 11 and just 3 on the defensive side in 2020.

2. Gus Malzahn, Auburn...He would be gone by now if not for the ridiculous amount of money Auburn is paying him, but his buyout is doable after this season. The truth of the matter is that Auburn has lost 5 or more games in 5 out of their last 6 seasons and 4 in the one season they managed to escape with less than 5 losses. Games against Oregon, at Texas A&M, Florida and LSU, and home to Georgia and Alabama just about guarantee another 5 loss season in a year when 3 losses may be too many. With 5 seniors starting on both offense and defense, the news does not get any better for Auburn next season.

3. Tony Sanchez, UNLV...Sanchez was suppose to be the High School phenom that would lead the Reb's back to respectability in the Mountain West Conference. Instead, he has failed to produce a winning season and has won just 15 games in his 4 season as head coach. Last years losses include New Mexico, who won 3 games, and San Jose State, who won just 1. Sanchez must win 6 games to save his job, and with games at Northwestern, Vandy, Fresno State and Nevada, plus home games against San Diego State and Sun Belt West favorite Arkansas State, UNLV does not have room for error.

4. Lovie Smith, Illinois...Why is this man still coaching? I guess that the administration must love him, because that is the only possible reason he is still there. He has won 9 games in 3 years, and 5 of those were non-con games, all coming against Group of 5 or FCS teams. Two of his 4 conference wins have come against Rutgers. Lovie has not been a successful recruiter. This season he has three very easy non-on games and hosts Rutgers. That means that Illinois will have to find two more games to finally become bowl eligible. The other two cross over games are against the Michigan schools. Good luck with that.

5. Randy Edsall, UConn...Edsall has won 4 games in two season in round 2 of his coaching tenure at UConn. His one win last season, a 56-49 shootout, came against FCS Rhode Island. The good news. Last season his defense started 9 underclassmen. The bad news. They were the worst defense in the FBS, losing 8 games by 30 or more points. Unless there is massive improvement on the defense, and Edsall can find a stable offense, it is hard to see UConn winning more than 2 games.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 05-29-19 at 12:18 PM.

Purduekev
    Purduekev's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Lovie is terrible. The human Death penalty coach. If the NCAA wanted to punish a University for infractions...send in Lovie or Darrel Hazzell (Previous Purdue coach before Brohm) for a couple of seasons to coach. It will set back the program for years.

I disagree on Gus only because he will take over the play calling on offense this season and I think it will make a huge difference for them. He took over the offense in Nashville when they played Purdue in their bowl game and scored at will against us. I know we weren't that strong on defense but he made the Boiler Defense look like a high school team. They had us whipped by halftime. I look for them to challenge in the SEC this year and I have them tabbed as a good bet for Over bets this year. JMO

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

BigDummy didn't even put Bob Davie at New Mexico, You know nothing BigDummy

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by 209 Life View Post
    BigDummy didn't even put Bob Davie at New Mexico, You know nothing BigDummy
    I know more than you ever will, you worth piece of caca. You will be gone after USC defeats Fu**ed up State. One way or another arsehole.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I know more than you ever will, you worth piece of caca. You will be gone after USC defeats Fu**ed up State. One way or another arsehole.
    Thanks for proving my point you broke dikk

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i think sanchez at UNLV has done a good job.

if you fire lovie smith at illinois, i think you just end with very poor results with the next coach too....... i think the illini's general rep amongst illinois hs prospects needs to be rehabbed before you think of anything else......... i'm a huge fan of trestman the old cfl coach and former bears coach (although that didn't go very well)

gojetsgomoxies

davie at NM has more to do with his personal conduct than on-the-field... NM had been bad forever before davie.

as a general comment, big name old coaches seem to do very well... maybe they act more as chairman of the football program, which is a good model i think

gojetsgomoxies

was just reading athlon's preview.

illinois extended lovie smith recently and the opposing big 10 scout thought he's done a good job.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    was just reading athlon's preview.

illinois extended lovie smith recently and the opposing big 10 scout thought he's done a good job.
    illini played better than anyone expected last yr thought when you exceed expectations thats good

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Heltons the obvious one. Fans and boosters want Willie Taggert and Malzhan gone, but their contracts will probably keep them around.

Lovie is firmly on it.

Ill give you a sleeper: Mike Gundy

Nobody cares about New Mexico.