bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nebraska reinstates WR Purify

This is just what the Nebraska offense needed too.

Nebraska reinstates WR Purify

LINCOLN, Nebraska (Ticker) -- Nebraska coach Bill Callahan announced on Friday he has reinstated receiver Maurice Purify, then suspended him for the Cornhuskers' season-opening game against Nevada on September 1.

Purify received 12 months probation and fines totaling $1,250 after pleading no contest to four charges stemming from two separate incidents, according to the Omaha World-Herald. Two other charges were dismissed as part of a plea agreement reached before his Lancaster County Court appearance.

"Maurice has been reinstated to our football program and will participate in the final week of summer workouts beginning on Monday," Callahan said. "Maurice will be suspended for the season opener against Nevada, and will face continued additional discipline within our football program, including extensive community service starting immediately and continuing throughout the entire season."

One of the most highly touted junior college receivers entering last season, the 6-4, 220-pound Purify did not disappoint as he finished the campaign with 34 receptions for team-high marks in receiving yards (630) and touchdown catches (7). His efforts earned him second-team All-Big 12 honors from the league's coaches.

"I met with Maurice Purify this afternoon and I believe that he has made a sincere effort to redeem himself and move forward in a positive direction," Callahan said. "During his suspension from our program these past six weeks, he has complied with all of the requirements imposed upon him by the legal system, the general expectations of a student-athlete in our program and the specific additional conditions demanded of him as a result of his actions."

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

was only a matter of time...

DuelingChad
    DuelingChad's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go Big Red !

Hopefully They Have A Shot At The Championship This Year ?

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

not sure about that chad just yet...they should try to win the Big 12 championship game first...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by DuelingChad View Post
    They have to play USC so I highly doubt that will happen.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4627

Quote Originally Posted by DuelingChad View Post
    I doubt it, but nice avatar.