homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    I can't believe none of you mentioned Maryland.

With Locksley.
    that's a good one. maryland just not a name program like some of the others named in here

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21 View Post
    Thinking Maryland, Auburn, and like Florida St also. Really like Auburn though at this point
    wow i just cannot see him staying in the SEC let alone going to the conference rival. that is like driving a knife through Saban's back and it is literally career suicide. bama would do everything possible to break his legs if he went to auburn and faced them in next year's iron bowl.

i will be SHOCKED if he goes to the Auburn and extremely SURPRISED if he stays in the SEC.

all that happened here was a better player came to Bama and took his job. no need to be vengeful and go to the rival only to have your ribs broken by Bama defenders next Nov.

i still believe it will be the Big 12 because he's from Texas and geographically he can be close to home but still play in a high profile program.

TCU or Oklahoma look like good landing spots.
    Last edited by homie1975; 01-10-19 at 11:38 AM.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    wow i just cannot see him staying in the SEC let alone going to the conference rival. that is like driving a knife through Saban's back and it is literally career suicide. bama would do everything possible to break his legs if he went to auburn and faced them in next year's iron bowl.

i will be SHOCKED if he goes to the Auburn and extremely SURPRISED if he stays in the SEC.

all that happened here was a better player came to Bama and took his job. no need to be vengeful and go to the rival only to have your ribs broken by Bama defenders next Nov.

i still believe it will be the Big 12 because he's from Texas and geographically he can be close to home but still play in a high profile program.

TCU or Oklahoma look like good landing spots.
    You don’t think he wanna stick it 2 Alabama? Someone in life say your not good enough - you wouldn’t wanna prove them wrong ? Hurts style will fit with Auburn

ikid2groove415

People think Tua is so good? He struggle badly vs 2 good defense - Clemson and Georgia knock his ass out this season and hurts had 2 save Alabama

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    You don’t think he wanna stick it 2 Alabama? Someone in life say your not good enough - you wouldn’t wanna prove them wrong ? Hurts style will fit with Auburn
    under normal circumstances i agree but this will put him in a bad light with bama nation, former bama teammates, and nick saban.

not a good idea. he will throw away his legacy as a good person who played for bama, just trying to stick it to bama.

there are better places to go than Auburn.
    Last edited by homie1975; 01-10-19 at 11:39 AM. Reason: jarrett stidhman actually leaving Auburn

ikid2groove415

under normal circumstances i agree but this will put him in a bad light with bama nation, former bama teammates, and nick saban.

not a good idea. he will throw away his legacy as a good person who played for bama, just trying to stick it to bama.

there are better places to go than Auburn.

besides, Auburn QB jarrett stidham is going to be a senior in the fall. he is the QB there.

there are better places to transfer to. he is NOT going to auburn.
    He would wanna go 2 a championship contender -

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    People think Tua is so good? He struggle badly vs 2 good defense - Clemson and Georgia knock his ass out this season and hurts had 2 save Alabama
    i kept trying to say that TUA while great, got phat on bad defenses and got exposed by two good ones.

kyler murray did not have a single bad game. not even vs bama who plays good D.

but TUA struggled against fast, athletic, hard-hitting defenses: Georgia and Clemson

Kyler deserved the Heisman.

glad you finally came around. you were one of the posters who was Not listening to me weeks ago.

homie1975

sorry - Stidham leaving Auburn so they need a QB there.

ikid2groove415

i kept trying to say that TUA while great, got phat on bad defenses and got exposed by two good ones.

kyler murray did not have a single bad game. not even vs bama who plays good D.

but TUA struggled against fast, athletic, hard-hitting defenses: Georgia and Clemson

Kyler deserved the Heisman.

glad you finally came around. you were one of the posters who was Not listening to me weeks ago.
    Tua caught Georgia by surprise in last year championship game - once they were prepare for him this season he didn’t do much - I still think he’s wilson 2.0 - he will do well in the NFL with more experience

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He’s terrible he’s not making any team a winner

He play for Alabama and let’s not forget that

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He’s terrible he’s not making any team a winner

He play for Alabama and let’s not forget that
    He is a good college QB in the right system - wouldn’t say he’s terrible

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21 View Post
    Thinking Maryland, Auburn, and like Florida St also. Really like Auburn though at this point
    I would rule Auburn out. Not due to the rivalry but due to the fact that Gus has not developed any QB while being the HC there. Stidham clearly did not progress while there. Nick Marshall crashed and burned in the NFL after playing there.

homie1975

I would rule Auburn out. Not due to the rivalry but due to the fact that Gus has not developed any QB while being the HC there. Stidham clearly did not progress while there. Nick Marshall crashed and burned in the NFL after playing there.
    anyone who thought nick marshall was going to be an NFL qb was crazy. he was very good in college due to the system. he had nothing that really stood out though he was smart and somewhat mobile. no real arm talent and was not a super accurate passer though he went through his reads pretty well. he just wasn't laser accurate or great at mid to long throws. he was pretty small too.

homie1975

2 highest profile QB transfers thus far:

- former clemson QB bryant goes to missouri. so it's ACC to SEC for him.

- former georgia QB fields is going to ohio state. so it's SEC to B1G for him.

Jalen is probably Not going SEC to SEC

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

about to throw something on the ACC
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave shocka1212 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

2 highest profile QB transfers thus far:

- former clemson QB bryant goes to missouri. so it's ACC to SEC for him.

- former georgia QB fields is going to ohio state. so it's SEC to B1G for him.

Jalen is probably Not going SEC to SEC
    followed a bunch of guys from university of Miami on twitter

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

any idea what offshore is offering this still? nothing on 5d

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Does anyone other than Kliff Kingsbury really think that Kyler Murry will be a star QB in the NFL? He is like the rest of the predominately black QB's, none of which ever make it. Look at the best ones out there now. Cam Newton. Jamis Winston. Russell Wilson. They a suffer from the same problem. They do NOT have an arm. Certainly not like the great ones. Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, and Ryan are all much better passers than guys like Murray will ever be. Guys like Murray will last 5 years because their legs will go away in a hurry.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18785

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Does anyone other than Kliff Kingsbury really think that Kyler Murry will be a star QB in the NFL? He is like the rest of the predominately black QB's, none of which ever make it. Look at the best ones out there now. Cam Newton. Jamis Winston. Russell Wilson. They a suffer from the same problem. They do NOT have an arm. Certainly not like the great ones. Brady, Rodgers, Stafford, Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, and Ryan are all much better passers than guys like Murray will ever be. Guys like Murray will last 5 years because their legs will go away in a hurry.
    Russell Wilson has no arm? What the hell are you watching?

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BarkingToad View Post

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

More than likely things involving minors.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Cam and Wilson have had tons of success, and Winston is the slowest Qb under 30 in the NFL.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    More than likely things involving minors.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Cam and Wilson have had tons of success, and Winston is the slowest Qb under 30 in the NFL.
    Cam needs to learn touch passing. Winston needs a coach to hold him accountable for dumb turnovers and forcing throws into coverage.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

I cashed out max with Kirk Cousins last year.

I'm not as astute to CFB.

thechaoz

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Cam needs to learn touch passing. Winston needs a coach to hold him accountable for dumb turnovers and forcing throws into coverage.
    Kind of late for that no?

thechaoz

Lol the cards have really gone down hill

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Cam Newton is a really good QB. I hate saying that due to college rivalries but he is. However, he is also 6'5" which makes comparisons between him and Murray silly. Cam can see over his O line. His size is what has kept him in the game as long as it has due to the punishment meted out by defenses. His bigger build has allowed him to run and take some of that punishment. Murray has a great arm and quickness but he would be foolish to chose football over baseball.

homie1975

Cam Newton is a really good QB. I hate saying that due to college rivalries but he is. However, he is also 6'5" which makes comparisons between him and Murray silly. Cam can see over his O line. His size is what has kept him in the game as long as it has due to the punishment meted out by defenses. His bigger build has allowed him to run and take some of that punishment. Murray has a great arm and quickness but he would be foolish to chose football over baseball.
    completely agree with everything you said. i despise when quarterbacks who are both black, get compared to each other seemingly more so because they are black than anything else. Cam Newton and Kyler Murray are nothing like each other in terms of play - nothing.

back in 2006, i ABSOLUTELY loved when Kirk Herbstreit compared ohio state qb Troy Smith to Drew Brees (he was using an NFL QB comparison) and he was basically saying both guys are not very tall but have good arms and great accuracy. Troy Smith did not pan out in the NFL but I loved that Kirk compared a white guy to a black guy. people always want to compare guys of the same race.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

ok so he is going to miami

case closed

SBR Drew
    SBR Drew's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts is visiting Maryland beginning today, sources close to the situation confirmed to InsideMDSports.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

This was taken off the board. Too bad

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Drew View Post
    Alabama quarterback Jalen Hurts is visiting Maryland beginning today, sources close to the situation confirmed to InsideMDSports.
    He had a great relationship with Locksley. However, he also stayed at Bama to work with Enos or whatever his last name was. And he is now going to Miami. So, Miami is in play as well. Mark Reicht is a good recruiter but never had that ability to get his teams over the hump. So Jalen would have better talent to work with in Miami than Maryland. However, in Maryland, the offense would be more dependent upon him.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

And let’s be honest, would you rather live in Miami or Maryland

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Typical loser response. Wilson completes passes that he sets up with his scrambling ability. Wilson finished 18th overall in passing yards. Are you going to try and tell me that Wilson has a better arm than Big Ben, Rivers, Ryan, Mahomes, Goff, Rodgers, Brady, and others? Wilson is perfect for the Seattle offensive system. But if you think he has a great arm, you are out of your minds.

As far as Hurts is concerned, he is going to Miami. End of discussion.

First 1234 Last