Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Lawrence is a better passer, but Bryant was dual threat and Clemson's secondary was better last year.
    Again, you’re inflating one side and not doing the same for the other. Except inflating the negative. So, even worse. Bama can do wrong, and Clemson only does right because others are weak.

Lawrence is to Clemson over Bryant as Tua is to Alabama over Hurts. Dual threat or not.

Your arguments are basically that everything Bama did matters, but everything Clemson did can be explained easily by looking at their opponents, etc.

You may win, but it ain’t gonna be because Clemson played a weak schedule, their secondary is inconsistent, and they aren’t as good as last year. And so on. Blah, blah.

Line is sharp. I feel much better with the points here.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Again, you’re inflating one side and not doing the same for the other. Except inflating the negative. So, even worse. Bama can do wrong, and Clemson only does right because others are weak.

Lawrence is to Clemson over Bryant as Tua is to Alabama over Hurts. Dual threat or not.

Your arguments are basically that everything Bama did matters, but everything Clemson did can be explained easily by looking at their opponents, etc.

You may win, but it ain’t gonna be because Clemson played a weak schedule, their secondary is inconsistent, and they aren’t as good as last year. And so on. Blah, blah.

Line is sharp. I feel much better with the points here.
    The only good dual threat QB Clemson faced destroyed them, Clemson has played no one remotely as good as Alabama.

Cuse0323

The only good dual threat QB Clemson faced destroyed them, Clemson has played no one remotely as good as Alabama.
    No shit. And they didn’t lose to anyone so what’s your point? You’re looking at this the wrong way chief. I obviously can’t explain it to you. Not a bad mistake to make when it’s Alabama at least.

Which dual threat QB destroyed them? Lol. They shut down Dungey.

thomorino

No shit. And they didn’t lose to anyone so what’s your point? You’re looking at this the wrong way chief. I obviously can’t explain it to you. Not a bad mistake to make when it’s Alabama at least.

Which dual threat QB destroyed them? Lol. They shut down Dungey.
    Syracuse's offense isn't close to what Alabama is, A&M destroyed clemson's defense.

Cuse0323

Syracuse's offense isn't close to what Alabama is, A&M destroyed clemson's defense.
    Yeah, yeah. No one is as close to Bama. Clemson played no one. Blah, blah.

Four months ago A&M threw for 500 yards and that’s as close as it gets to Bama for Clemson. Yawn.

Not sure what dual threat QB did running the ball against them.

Keep talking yourself into it though. Better than just saying fck off at least.
    Last edited by Cuse0323; 01-02-19 at 10:44 PM.

thomorino

Yeah, yeah. No one is as close to Bama. Clemson played no one. Blah, blah.

Four months ago A&M threw for 500 yards and that’s as close as it gets to Bama for Clemson. Yawn.

Not sure what dual threat QB did running the ball against them.

Keep talking yourself into it though. Better than just saying fck off at least.
    The ACC was garbage this year, look at how they did in the bowls, Clemson has played no one

Cuse0323

Pretty solid to give up 500 yards passing and somehow only give up 26 points. That A&M game is in your head too much. May be your downfall here. Then they smoke ND, and all you got is how bad ND is.

Oklahoma is probably awesome in your mind.

thomorino

Pretty solid to give up 500 yards passing and somehow only give up 26 points. That A&M game is in your head too much. May be your downfall here. Then they smoke ND, and all you got is how bad ND is.

Oklahoma is probably awesome in your mind.
    Alabama played LSU, Georgia, A&M, and Oklahoma, their schedule was much tougher than Clemson's, not even close.

Cuse0323

The ACC was garbage this year, look at how they did in the bowls, Clemson has played no one
    Again, so what? They handled everyone they played. Their toughest games were against A&M and Cuse. Those two dominated their bowl games. None of that matters though anyway is the main point.

Cuse0323

Should Clemson have won all their games by more? Not sure I get it. ND sucks and they beat them as such. While Bama gave up 34, Clemson was busy giving up a FG. I guess Oklahoma must be far superior to ND. Whatever works for the argument.

thomorino

Again, so what? They handled everyone they played. Their toughest games were against A&M and Cuse. Those two dominated their bowl games. None of that matters though anyway is the main point.
    Clemson punted 6 times in the first half against Duke, they barely beat A&M, I wouldn't say they handled how they played at all

Cuse0323

Again. The A&M game tells us basically nothing. It was four months ago and Kelly Bryant was the QB for most of the game. If that game played into your thinking this much then good luck to ya in the future.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Looks like you got a great line. Where'd you bet this?

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Hey, thomorino, do you see yourself coming up with a new catchphrase for the new year?

Cuse0323

Spread and total are sharp. This is a game most should just pass on. Fck that though.

I see it like 31-30 Clemson or 30-24 Bama. Total goes either way too.

I’d tease Clemson and flip a coin on teasing the O/U.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Spread and total are sharp. This is a game most should just pass on. Fck that though.

I see it like 31-30 Clemson or 30-24 Bama. Total goes either way too.

I’d tease Clemson and flip a coin on teasing the O/U.
    Of course it Sharp, it the freaking national championship! They gonna make a good line!

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Of course it Sharp, it the freaking national championship! They gonna make a good line!

You would think. I just love morino’s confidence in a coin flip. Respect the enthusiasm.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Hey, thomorino, do you see yourself coming up with a new catchphrase for the new year?
    Not that I care but

Fukk off

2daBank

You would think. I just love morino’s confidence in a coin flip. Respect the enthusiasm.
    Good ol thermaflu!!

Cuse0323

Interesting nickname. Where’d that come from? Probably a good story.

2daBank

Interesting nickname. Where’d that come from? Probably a good story.
    I dunno.. BG came up with it, thought it was funny and he doesn’t seem to like so it stuck!! lol

Cuse0323

I dunno.. BG came up with it, thought it was funny and he doesn’t seem to like so it stuck!! lol

Cuse0323

Gotta worry about a backdoor cover in this one too. As evident in the OU game, Saban isn’t big on blowing people out. He likes to slow it down and drain the clock until victory.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Gotta worry about a backdoor cover in this one too. As evident in the OU game, Saban isn’t big on blowing people out. He likes to slow it down and drain the clock until victory.
    doubt it.. Tua should have won the Heisman.. he's going to show us why

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    We’ll see, but Saban isn’t gonna run it up just to let Tua show why he got shafted. Think they’ll both be fine with the Natty and not be worried about putting on a show. Georgia was supposed to show us why they deserved the Playoff too.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

He should have, Shocka, but then again, it pisses me off when Saban goes into "prevent" offense mode. Like he did against OK.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    He should have, Shocka, but then again, it pisses me off when Saban goes into "prevent" offense mode. Like he did against OK.
    It’s like stall ball in basketball. Boeheim does it and it’s irritating. Some old timers love it. Though If done right then you can increase the chances of winning. Could see Bama up 17 going into the 4th and only winning by 3 after a pointless TD in the last minute.

2daBank

I’d rather have a huge nfl career than winning punk ass heisman anyways. He will, murry won’t.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

I’d rather have a huge nfl career than winning punk ass heisman anyways. He will, murry won’t.
    That's cause Murray is a baseball player. He is too small to play NFL QB.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10251

It’s like stall ball in basketball. Boeheim does it and it’s irritating. Some old timers love it. Though If done right then you can increase the chances of winning. Could see Bama up 17 going into the 4th and only winning by 3 after a pointless TD in the last minute.

>That's why you play the 1H in half-time sports. The oft hated but much vaunted 'Bama squad will
    ROLL TIDE ROLL in the 1H.

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    That's cause Murray is a baseball player. He is too small to play NFL QB.

>Can't take anything away from Kyler Murray, the better 2018 QB who will have an excellent MLB career.

>Best of luck to all in your Championship wagers.
    >The only dog that I have in this fight is cash.

Last edited by 19th Hole; 01-03-19 at 12:50 AM.

Cuse0323

All this ACC sucks talk too. They’re 5-5 in bowls and only were favored in 3. Only one favorite won though. Had four upsets. SEC is 6-5, and was favored in 9 of em. Pretty much a wash there.

DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7935

#1 ranked team has not won the title in the past 4 years of CFP.

Guess who is ranked #1.

Alabama is going down.

You do realize that it's not just the coach who said it but also some cappers who said that this is the best Clemson team ever on both sides of the ball.

Is Bama the best team ever this year? I don't think so. They do have the highest scoring ever, but defense wins championships.

Clemson has the better D and the motivational factor is on the Clemson side for the beating they took last year by Alabama in the semi.

If you are on Alabama, then good luck to you but Clemson is going to win the game.
    Last edited by DJK; 01-03-19 at 04:48 AM.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Also, it's still way too early, but higher percentage of bets are on Alabama and yet the line is going down.

That only means more of the sharp money is on Clemson.

It will be interesting to see how the line moves near the game time. Whichever way it moves, it will be wrong if it's against the early line move; meaning right now it's moving towards Clemson.

If the line moves up near the game time, then Bama is not going to cover.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Something else you need to look at is the moneyline.

It's too cheap on Alabama as it's been going down.

From my past experience of watching the moneyline moves, the more expensive the favorite moneyline is in comparison to the spread, higher the chance that the favorite covers the game.

The Alabama moneyline was as high as -245 but it's now at -215 pretty much consensus across all books.

If it skyrockets near the game time, then I will be in trouble, but if it stays low like now or goes down even further then it can only mean they will lose and that's what I'm hoping for.
    Last edited by DJK; 01-03-19 at 04:50 AM.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

I just looked at the current line for the final and it's consensus -5.5.

I highly doubt that everyone at all books are betting the same way to cause all books to move the line to -5.5.

Personally, I think the books somehow know that there is a greater chance that Clemson covers and therefore they want more of the public to take Bama by lowering the line.

If it stays at -5.5 and doesn't budge by the game time, then Bama is screwed.

First 12345 ... Last