BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

What You Should Have Learned From The Bowl Season

These are the lessons that you guys should have learned from the football season:

1. Alabama and Clemson are easily the two best teams in College Football. Anyone else saying anything else is out of their minds.

2. Players are getting dumber and dumber. You cannot trust most players, especially the idiots who are Defensive backs and know that they will get kicked out of games for anything that resembles targeting. Like it or not, the huge influx of uneducated dumb ghtto minded players has led to a huge influx of stupid penalties for targeting and other personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct calls. Stupid is as stupid does. It is tough enough trying to find a winning wager without having to fight these idiots.

3. Now that UCF has proven that the Group of Conferences are inferior to the Power 5 Conferences, despite everything LSU did to try and give them the games yesterday, you can forget about expanding the playoffs. It does not matter what you guys want. You guys are desperate and will follow along with what the School Administrators and ESPN TELLS YOU what will happen. Want proof? You guys constantly lose your tails on a yearly basis but you still wager.

4. The Heisman Trophy is worthless. The best player in the nation not only fails to win the award, but fails to make the finals. It is now a team trophy. If your team loses more than 2 games, you have no chance to win the trophy. That is why so many recent winners turn out to be complete busts in the NFL.

5. There are way too many Bowl Games. How many stadiums were half empty or more during those games? The announcers try to make a 56-27 game sound exciting. All they succeed in doing is making themselves sound stupid. It is a lose-lose situation for them.You can easily get rid of 10 bowl games and no one will shed a tear except the degenerates who have nothing better to do in their lives but throw money away by wagering and losing on these games.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Cougar Bait

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I really don’t mind the Georgia Southerns, Fresno’s, and Utah Ststes of the world getting a bowl, but these 6-6 ass bag teams have to go

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

you don't MIND 11-2 Mountain West champion Fresno State getting a bowl game....... that's very reassuring

seriously, if people don't like bowl games with mediocre teams, DON'T WATCH

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

who's the top player in the country who didn't make the finals? i assume heisman finals.

btw, generic comment, i did not hear very many people complaining about kyler over tua before the semi-finals

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    you don't MIND 11-2 Mountain West champion Fresno State getting a bowl game....... that's very reassuring

Just using them as an example, Jets. settle down.

Georgia Southern, Utah State, and Buffalo. Better?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

TCU/Cal was an embarrassment to football. World would have been a better place with those two teams at home playing Fortnite

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

This might be the most accurate post in the history of this forum aside from JJ fukked his Aunt.

You especially hit your stride at the very end. 100% on 4-5.

I think I said #5 out loud every day. Is it just me or did there used to be more people going to these bowl games?

I had a great bowl season. I saw a lot of your posts and thought there was ton of merit. You definitely can't get them all right, but be more selective. There are cappers out here playing all 5 games on a fuckin Tuesday because they are bored and on vacation. I think you pick your spots. Treat it like a regular card. Normal Saturday - you've got a whole day of college football. Games all over the place. You're going to pick out your best 5-7 games max. So you wouldn't bet 50 of the 100 games that day, so why bet 20 of the 40 bowl games?

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    These are the lessons that you guys should have learned from the football season:

1. Alabama and Clemson are easily the two best teams in College Football. Anyone else saying anything else is out of their minds.

2. Players are getting dumber and dumber. You cannot trust most players, especially the idiots who are Defensive backs and know that they will get kicked out of games for anything that resembles targeting. Like it or not, the huge influx of uneducated dumb ghtto minded players has led to a huge influx of stupid penalties for targeting and other personal fouls and unsportsmanlike conduct calls. Stupid is as stupid does. It is tough enough trying to find a winning wager without having to fight these idiots.

3. Now that UCF has proven that the Group of Conferences are inferior to the Power 5 Conferences, despite everything LSU did to try and give them the games yesterday, you can forget about expanding the playoffs. It does not matter what you guys want. You guys are desperate and will follow along with what the School Administrators and ESPN TELLS YOU what will happen. Want proof? You guys constantly lose your tails on a yearly basis but you still wager.

4. The Heisman Trophy is worthless. The best player in the nation not only fails to win the award, but fails to make the finals. It is now a team trophy. If your team loses more than 2 games, you have no chance to win the trophy. That is why so many recent winners turn out to be complete busts in the NFL.

5. There are way too many Bowl Games. How many stadiums were half empty or more during those games? The announcers try to make a 56-27 game sound exciting. All they succeed in doing is making themselves sound stupid. It is a lose-lose situation for them.You can easily get rid of 10 bowl games and no one will shed a tear except the degenerates who have nothing better to do in their lives but throw money away by wagering and losing on these games.

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Boise ST and Fresno ST would be a favorite against UCF

209 Life
    Off to BMR. Deuces
    209 Life's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6750

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post

Fresno State won 12 games

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

According to my calculations, underdogs went 23-7 in the last 30 bowl games. Even more amazing, of those 23 underdogs who covered, 17 won the game outright. I know every year is different, but I do feel every season you're going to win more than not if you play the "right" underdogs. What I mean by that is underdogs who haven't been to bowl games in a while or have new coaches bringing them to the spotlight or small schools playing in bigger games. It was a big game for Minnesota and PJ Fleck's first big bowl game. The Citrus Bowl meant a lot more to Kentucky than Penn State. This was Tom Herman's first time on the big stage with Texas while Georgia had the SEC title game still on their minds. FIU never goes bowling but Toledo is there every year. The game meant a lot more for Dan Mullen than Jim Harbaugh. And Baylor in their backyard with a new coach bringing them bowling was obviously fired up.

Obviously it's not going to work every time or every year, but it's something to look at for the future.

Horse Player
    Horse Player's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

So at what point does the offensive player become responsible for initiating targeting? Clearly there are times when the runner lowers his head and initiates contact with the helmet.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by 209 Life View Post
    Boise ST and Fresno ST would be a favorite against UCF
    I disagree. I think UCF would have been a favorite in Vegas. But that doesn't say who actually wins.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    According to my calculations, underdogs went 23-7 in the last 30 bowl games. Even more amazing, of those 23 underdogs who covered, 17 won the game outright. I know every year is different, but I do feel every season you're going to win more than not if you play the "right" underdogs. What I mean by that is underdogs who haven't been to bowl games in a while or have new coaches bringing them to the spotlight or small schools playing in bigger games. It was a big game for Minnesota and PJ Fleck's first big bowl game. The Citrus Bowl meant a lot more to Kentucky than Penn State. This was Tom Herman's first time on the big stage with Texas while Georgia had the SEC title game still on their minds. FIU never goes bowling but Toledo is there every year. The game meant a lot more for Dan Mullen than Jim Harbaugh. And Baylor in their backyard with a new coach bringing them bowling was obviously fired up.

Obviously it's not going to work every time or every year, but it's something to look at for the future.
    SU Winner of bowl games covers something like 85-90% of the time. I posted underdog records weeks back. Going to see if I can find it again

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Info on last 8 years...

SU winner is 260-38 ats

2017 fav 20-20 ATS....OU 22-18 * dog won 16 games
    SU...SU winner 36-4 ATS

2016 fav 14-27 ATS...OU 17-24 * dog won 15 games
    SU...SU winner 29-12 ATS

2015 fav 25-16 ATS....OU 26-15 *dog won 12 games
    SU...SU winner 37-4 ATS

2014 fav 15-24 ATS...OU 23-15-1 * dog won 21 games
    SU...SU winner 36-3 ATS

2013 fav 19-16 ATS...O/U 14-21 * dog won 13 games
    SU...SU winner 31-4 ATS

2012 fav 21-14 ATS...O/U 15-20 * dog won 10 games
    SU...SU winner 32-3 ATS

2011 fav 18-15 ATS...O/U 14-20 * dog won 11 games
    SU...SU winner 30-4 ATS

2010 fav 20-13 ATS...O/U 17-16 * dog won 10 games
    SU...SU winner 29-4 ATS

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Shows you there's some big value to be made on underdog money lines if you play your hand right and do the right research. I thought games like Kentucky, FIU, Baylor, Minnesota and Duke had great ML value for the dog. Texas was a bit of a gamble, but if you analyze that game, it really wasn't much of a surprise. A team that is back in the big bowl spotlight against a team who didn't really care about being there.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1797

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post

early in the bowl season, I wrote a thread concerning two kids who wagered with me when I booked and had some success in bowl games. I went on to write I asked them how do you select these games. Their reply was mostly favorites in early bowls and primarily dogs in the later bowls.

did well again this year, but as you wrote you cannot depend on it, but keep it in mind.
    Last edited by dante1; 01-04-19 at 12:31 PM.