D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    I blindly taking every dog Saturday you can’t get hurt
    How’s that working?

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24611

Nice opening day. Great 4th qtr finish by EMich to cover (but GASo to win s/u).

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1797

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    Fred, I had the same exact thought and I was actually thinking about fading Utah State, but I believe them to be the much better team. Hey, I know often the better team doesn't cover in bowls, that is why I give the dog much credit in bowl games.

you know I don't know what this is worth because I barely gave it a second thought when I heard it decades ago. but it is a true story. when I booked I had two cousins I believe who seemed to have much better luck in bowl games and this happened year after year. they would play 20 time RR, which meant they would lay 360 for a return of 1200. Now naturally that was if they won all three games. Speaking of parlays if you must play them betting RR might be the better play IMO. you have three chances out of eight of not losing, parlay only one chance out of four. both not good plays either way.

but back to the story, these kids said to me we play primarily favorites in the early bowls and primarily dogs in the later bowls, the better matchups. I don't remember doing much research on this even though I should have, I don't believe it has much validity, I just think they were two pretty lucky guys. If I remember this year maybe I will check it out. but it is interesting, but just another gamblers theory and most of them aren't worth ten cents.
    I think, but not sure that those kids are doing okay this year. problem is when do you determine the minor/early bowls are over and switch to the dogs. I guess maybe we might be talking about the major bowls of decades ago.

what is the record of favorites in the early bowls? I think they are doing okay but I don't know the exact record, I bet most of you do.

ChuckyTheGoat

Good intel on this thread. Good Luck, players.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    Good intel on this thread. Good Luck, players.

To answer your other question from a few days ago. I saw somewhere on tv recently that interim coaches were like 47-50 ats in the last 15 years or whatever. It might factor in occasionally, but its effect is vastly overblown

ChuckyTheGoat

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    To answer your other question from a few days ago. I saw somewhere on tv recently that interim coaches were like 47-50 ats in the last 15 years or whatever. It might factor in occasionally, but its effect is vastly overblown
    Good one, Flint-stone. Agree, it's a factor but overblown.

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1797

I hope at least a few of you guys/gals did okay on this theory, not over yet but I believe it has performed very well. I will note it for next year again.

First 12