homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11029

SEC Football and those "vaunted" defenses -- we will see just how good they are

Very good conference, no doubt about it. But I believe that most of the teams (not all) lack great offensive weapons, and this makes their collective defenses look better than they truly are. This bowl season should be very interesting in that respect.........

- Vandy gets Baylor who last year was garbage. Let's see how Matt Rhule's O does vs the Commodores

- Auburn gets Purdue who can really move the football. nice matchup here.

- South Carolina gets Virginia. Muschamp vs Bronco. interesting matchup of contrasting styles in personality

- Florida gets Michigan. I am curious to see how the Gators match up against what should be a revitalized Michigan team looking to atone for their drubbing in Columbus

- Alabama gets Oklahoma. Kyler Murray show all over that field. Get Ready Tide Fans

- Missouri gets Oklahoma State. OSU has lots of seniors and they should move the ball vs their former BIG 12 brethren

- Texas A&M gets NC State. Aggies got lit up by weak offense LSU. i think the Wolfpack can score in this game

- Mississippi State gets Iowa. Hawkeyes nothing great offensively but i will take their coach over the Bulldogs coach any day

- Kentucky gets Penn State. Wildcats a nice story but a paper tiger. Penn St QB goes nuts this game.

- LSU gets UCF. it's a shame Milton got hurt and that UCF will start a frosh at QB, but they will be very amped to be there and should move the ball that day.

- Georgia gets Texas. thankfully Texas has a month for their QB to heal up after the shoulder injury suffered late in the season. better matchup here than the point spread indicates.

Let's see how many SEC teams listed above, give up MORE than their avg Defensive Points per game for the year.

My guess is that it will be more than half, maybe more like 75% of the teams above, will give up more points in the bowl game than their season average

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

You obviously are a SEC hater. You totally ignore the fact the the SEC's defense is far superior to the likes of the Big 12, which has by far, the worst defense between the two. You also seem not to know that there are many more intangibles that come into play in a Bowl game than in a regular season game. Your knowledge of College Football is questionable at best. You simply do not have the balls to admit that you hate the SEC. Your write up reeks with you hate.

Let's look at all of the things that you do no say in your garbage write up. Did you mention the fact, or do you even know, that Auburn's Gus Malzahn is in deep water at Auburn. Most everyone associated with the school wants him out. The problem is the cost to get rid of him. Are you dumb enough not to think that this may have some bearing on the outcome of their game against Purdue?

You still insist that the Heisman Class was great. Anyone who thinks Kyle Murray is a great QB should seriously be considered as a candidate to be 86'd out of here.

Do you really think that Keith Ferentz, one of the worst coaches in Big 10 History, is better than Joe Moorhead? Are you serious. What has Ferentz EVER won? NOTHING.

Missouri will score at least 40 points against an Okie State team void of anything that resembles a defense.

One last thing. On average, teams score more points in Bowl games than during the regular season because teams tend to gamble more. They play with a "nothing to lose" attitude. A three year old knows this. You really should try to look at these games more objectively. Just because you are proven wrong most of the time does not give you the right to lose your objectivity. You, like many other losers in here, simply hate the SEC. You are jealous of their success. Admit it.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Down years recently for the SEC and they're still kicking arse

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    You obviously are a SEC hater. You totally ignore the fact the the SEC's defense is far superior to the likes of the Big 12, which has by far, the worst defense between the two. You also seem not to know that there are many more intangibles that come into play in a Bowl game than in a regular season game. Your knowledge of College Football is questionable at best. You simply do not have the balls to admit that you hate the SEC. Your write up reeks with you hate.

Let's look at all of the things that you do no say in your garbage write up. Did you mention the fact, or do you even know, that Auburn's Gus Malzahn is in deep water at Auburn. Most everyone associated with the school wants him out. The problem is the cost to get rid of him. Are you dumb enough not to think that this may have some bearing on the outcome of their game against Purdue?

You still insist that the Heisman Class was great. Anyone who thinks Kyle Murray is a great QB should seriously be considered as a candidate to be 86'd out of here.

Do you really think that Keith Ferentz, one of the worst coaches in Big 10 History, is better than Joe Moorhead? Are you serious. What has Ferentz EVER won? NOTHING.

Missouri will score at least 40 points against an Okie State team void of anything that resembles a defense.

One last thing. On average, teams score more points in Bowl games than during the regular season because teams tend to gamble more. They play with a "nothing to lose" attitude. A three year old knows this. You really should try to look at these games more objectively. Just because you are proven wrong most of the time does not give you the right to lose your objectivity. You, like many other losers in here, simply hate the SEC. You are jealous of their success. Admit it.

Big Dad I am not a hater of the SEC - i am a hater of the SEC honks like BadNina and now yourself (amongst many others) who fail to see that the offenses in the SEC are just not up to par with the ones in the rest of the country.

It is a great conference but unbeknownst to you and others, IT DOES HAVE FLAWS!!!

Look at how many weak offenses they have in that conf:

- Kentucky
    - South Carolina
    - Vandy
    - Tennessee
    - LSU
    - Auburn
    - Arkansas

that's 7 out of 14 teams which is HALF the damn conference !!!

And as far as Malzahn and Auburn, you are already making excuses for them and completely discounting the other 10 games that could have things going against the opponents!!!

Kirk (not Keith) Ferentz?? 5 DD win seasons at Iowa and Five Top 5 finishes. he is one heckuva coach!!!

As far as teams taking more chances in bowl games, this is a GREAT opportunity for those amazing SEC defenses to make the other team pay for taking chances!!! this means more opportunity for fumble recoveries and interceptions. it cuts BOTH ways my friend !!!

homie1975

SEC bowl teams -- points allowed by team in conference play Only:

Georgia 18.9
    Kentucky 16.5
    FLA 25.6
    SoCaro 30.4
    Mizzu 24.5
    Vandy 29.4

Bama 14.1
    A&M 31.4
    LSU 25.4
    Miss St 14.4
    Auburn 24.6

Let's how their opponents do in the bowl games against these Monster Defenses

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

You demonstrate your utter lack of knowledge by claiming that Kirk Ferentz is a good coach. Are you totally crazy? Twenty years as the Head Coach and he has NEVER won a Big 10 title outright. 20 years and ZERO Big 10 outright championships. He has never finished higher than 7th in any poll in any season. I have no idea where you get 5 Top 5 finishes. And you think that he is "one heckuva coach!!!" Do you want to explain yourself? If he was the HC at USC, he would not have lasted 5 years. I suppose you will now compare him to Nick Saban. You are so bitter. You cannot stand the fact that the SEC is simply a Superior conference with Superior teams. I am a USC grad, so I am not being a homer here. Just being honest. I have forgotten more about college football than you have ever known, or at least appear to have known.

homie1975

it was a typo i meant Five Top 10 finishes. that is even better than the great "silver fox" Hayden Fry could boast !!!

we are talking middle of america on the prairie, in Iowa. what kid wants to play there ??

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    it was a typo i meant Five Top 10 finishes. that is even better than the great "silver fox" Hayden Fry could boast !!!

we are talking middle of america on the prairie, in Iowa. what kid wants to play there ??
    And I suppose that you think that Tuscaloosa Alabama is the garden spot of America? Have you ever been there? Or Auburn Alabama? What about Lincoln Nebraska? Bill Snyder had a much better record than your boy Ferentz and his career was spent in Manhattan Kansas. Do not try to hand be that B.S. Ferentz has always been a poor recruiter. If Kansas State and Nebraska could get top players, there is no excuse for Iowa not getting them.

The "Great Hayden Fry"? Are you totally crazy. Three Big 10 titles (only 1 outright). Three Rose Bowl appearances. Three losses. 28-0 to Washington, 45-28 to UCLA, and 46-34 to Washington again. So stop your Bull S**t about Iowa. You are just making a bigger fool of yourself than you already are. You are nothing but a Big 10 homer with a very limited amount of intelligence.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Clowns always bashing the sec
    They never learn

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

SEC bowl teams -- points allowed by team in conference play Only:

Georgia 18.9
    Kentucky 16.5
    FLA 25.6
    SoCaro 30.4
    Mizzu 24.5
    Vandy 29.4

Bama 14.1
    A&M 31.4
    LSU 25.4
    Miss St 14.4
    Auburn 24.6

Let's how their opponents do in the bowl games against these Monster Defenses
    if those teams allowed those points in conference perhaps the sec offenses arnt as bad as you say. turns out they arnt as bad as you say. the sec has 8 teams in the top 45 as far as ppg goes while the big 12 has only 4. hmm something seems and sounds fishy doesnt it, so the sec has double the amount of teams in the top 45 than the big 12 the sec as we know has better defenses also so those 8 teams are scoring more ppg against better defenses while only 4 big 12 teams managed the top 45 in ppg against weaker defenses. oh my there's something rotten in the midwest, maybe we've allowed our perception to overtake reality when it comes to this conference.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

SEC goes 8-3 or 9-2

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    SEC goes 8-3 or 9-2
    I'll take under 7.5

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    if those teams allowed those points in conference perhaps the sec offenses arnt as bad as you say. turns out they arnt as bad as you say. the sec has 8 teams in the top 45 as far as ppg goes while the big 12 has only 4. hmm something seems and sounds fishy doesnt it, so the sec has double the amount of teams in the top 45 than the big 12 the sec as we know has better defenses also so those 8 teams are scoring more ppg against better defenses while only 4 big 12 teams managed the top 45 in ppg against weaker defenses. oh my there's something rotten in the midwest, maybe we've allowed our perception to overtake reality when it comes to this conference.
    Toler stop. The big 12 has 10 teams. The big 10 has 14 teams. Get it straight

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    And I suppose that you think that Tuscaloosa Alabama is the garden spot of America? Have you ever been there? Or Auburn Alabama? What about Lincoln Nebraska? Bill Snyder had a much better record than your boy Ferentz and his career was spent in Manhattan Kansas. Do not try to hand be that B.S. Ferentz has always been a poor recruiter. If Kansas State and Nebraska could get top players, there is no excuse for Iowa not getting them.

The "Great Hayden Fry"? Are you totally crazy. Three Big 10 titles (only 1 outright). Three Rose Bowl appearances. Three losses. 28-0 to Washington, 45-28 to UCLA, and 46-34 to Washington again. So stop your Bull S**t about Iowa. You are just making a bigger fool of yourself than you already are. You are nothing but a Big 10 homer with a very limited amount of intelligence.

I'm a big 12 homer. Come on man stay with me.

jtoler

Toler stop. The big 12 has 10 teams. The big 10 has 14 teams. Get it straight
    I guess you didnt read the post at all

homie1975

I guess you didnt read the post at all

I did. It was all about the SEC. But since you said 12 teams in big 12 I wanted to make sure I gave u the news about the big 10 having 14 lol

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8383

NC State's star LB and star WR are sitting out. I think A&M beats them down. SEC teams are going to have better depth then ACC teams to begin with.

Miss State kills Iowa. Miss State held Bama to 24 and thats without scoring. Its hard to keep from being worn down when you get shutout. Not to mention Iowa's star TE is sitting out and Miss State's QB Fitzgerald has been there for 9 years it seems and has seen everything

S Carolina's star WR also sitting out, but I'm not big on Virginia either.

I think I do agree with you on Penn State > Kentucky

Fred The Hammer

I agree that many of the SEC offenses are pretty vanilla, but I can't fade any of their teams this bowl season.

Michigan lost it all and the doubters are all over Harbaugh. Are they going to give 100%? They get held to 5 fg's in the red zone against Indiana for Christs sake. They've been overrated all along

Milton got hurt for UCF and Purdue's best DT is out. The only SEC team I think will likely lose is Kentucky and they're more physical then Penn State. I think that game goes Over 47.5!

jtoler

I did. It was all about the SEC. But since you said 12 teams in big 12 I wanted to make sure I gave u the news about the big 10 having 14 lol
    if I said that then it was a typo only meant to say only 4 big 12 teams are in top 45 for ppg

MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

OMG LSU ml for all the money in the world!

Can finally shut up UCF about win streak

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

[QUOTE=homie1975;28241100]

Big Dad I am not a hater of the SEC - i am a hater of the SEC honks like BadNina and now yourself (amongst many others) who fail to see that the offenses in the SEC are just not up to par with the ones in the rest of the country.

And pretty much everyone employed by 'the Worldwide Leader' which helps to get that conference their false rankings and a leg up on everyone else for a spot in the final four.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

[QUOTE=deltgen;28242651]

And pretty much everyone employed by 'the Worldwide Leader' which helps to get that conference their false rankings and a leg up on everyone else for a spot in the final four.
    Haha
    They've won 10 of the last 13 titles
    Dafuq is a matter with y'all .
    If it goes to a 8 team playoff , allowing 2-3 SEC teams , nobody will win another title .

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    OMG LSU ml for all the money in the world!

Can finally shut up UCF about win streak
    never know ucf still out to prove people wrong. wasnt auburn -10.5 last year?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

never know ucf still out to prove people wrong. wasnt auburn -10.5 last year?

Lsu is a bad matchup for ucf. As good as they are, they can’t stop the run. If LSU decides to play, they’ll win going away

homie1975

Lsu is a bad matchup for ucf. As good as they are, they can’t stop the run. If LSU decides to play, they’ll win going away
    SEC goes 7-4 or worse

homie1975

You're setting it up so if LSU loses u can say they decided not to play lol. I see u working Homer

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

You're setting it up so if LSU loses u can say they decided not to play lol. I see u working Homer

I use to work at UCF. I actually wouldn’t mind the upset. Im just stating the facts sir

Fred The Hammer

SEC Over 7.5 wins (+153) on 5D

I think it hits or falls on 7 exactly which you could hedge out of at SEC Exactly 7 wins +252

I'm putting the Mountain West prop on my thread and may add the SEC

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    SEC Over 7.5 wins (+153) on 5D

I think it hits or falls on 7 exactly which you could hedge out of at SEC Exactly 7 wins +252

I'm putting the Mountain West prop on my thread and may add the SEC
    Dane says 8 or 9 wins he should max bet that shittt. Put his bucks where his cornhole is.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

- Vandy gets Baylor - should be a fun game. Both of these defenses suck.

- Auburn gets Purdue - Auburn is a bit of a dumpster fire right now, but far more talented than Purdue

- South Carolina gets Virginia. - Actually think UVA wins

- Florida gets Michigan. Florida should be up for this game, will Michigan? I think Michigan still wins, but it won't be a blowout.

- Alabama gets Oklahoma. OU covers, but Alabama wins

- Missouri gets Oklahoma State. Missouri in a blowout

- Texas A&M gets NC State. Aggies have the momentum. I think they'll pull away late.

- Mississippi State gets Iowa. Should be a low scoring game. Mississippi State wins.

- Kentucky gets Penn State. Not sure how Penn State is up for this game. I think UK has a decent shot to win.

- LSU gets UCF. too bad Milton is hurt. If the Peach Bowl doesn't happen last season, maybe LSU shows up asleep. LSU is a bad matchup...they'll show up and win.

- Georgia gets Texas. Georgia returns nearly everyone next season They're positioning for next year and it will be destruction.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Vandy gets Baylor - You never know what Vandy will do.

- Auburn gets Purdue - Gus has announced he is taking back over the play calling. I think Purdue gets this one but then again, I am biased against Auburn. Stidham is bailing out after this year so he may want to try and take the team on his shoulders and try to impress some scouts. But then again, he is marrying into money so maybe he just wants to be a trophy husband?

- South Carolina gets Virginia. - SC is bipolar. They are either really, really good or really bad. Usually all during the same game.

- Florida gets Michigan - Don't ever count out Mullan. And Michigan could have some let down because they know they had a legit shot at the playoffs and choked.

- Alabama gets Oklahoma - I think it's gonna be ugly if you are an OK fan. I am biased.

- Missouri gets Oklahoma State - Derek Dooley has done well with there offensive this year. He just sucked as a head coach.

- Texas A&M gets NC State - Jimbo has the player believing in him.

- Mississippi State gets Iowa. Miss State's d line is overlooked. I am not sure how but they are. Simmons is a beast. I think he has played there 7 years now (not really but still)

- Kentucky gets Penn State - This will be a fun game to watch.

- LSU gets UCF - I just want LSU to win. Is Greedy Williams the only one sitting this one out? Has Devon White been freed yet?

- Georgia gets Texas - If Kirby can get the SEC championship out of their head and get to focus on playing for rankings to start next year, GA can put a load of hurt on them.

homie1975

Sec is short faves in a lot of games. This will be fun and interesting to follow

homie1975

Big 12 is 2-0

Sec is 0-1

homie1975

auburn takes care of business with emphasis

SEC is 1-1

let's see how many points Purdue ends up with.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

vandy and baylor should not have even been in a bowl

1234 Last