ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    SO Bama would have taken him lightly otherwise but now that he won the heisman they will want to destroy him? Rotflmfao
    So you continue to beat your chest because you thought a -200 fav was going to win something? rotflmfao

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11090

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    So you continue to beat your chest because you thought a -200 fav was going to win something? rotflmfao
    I predicted it right after the georgia Bama game when betting wise tua was still favored. U do understand that tua was favored from even Before the season when saban named him starting qb right? Books took the line down in Aug when tua went to -200.

Kyler stole this on sat 12/1 in case u did not know

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

I predicted it right after the georgia Bama game when betting wise tua was still favored. U do understand that tua was favored from even Before the season when saban named him starting qb right? Books took the line down in Aug when tua went to -200.

Kyler stole this on sat 12/1 in case u did not know
    Difference being I was in threads saying kyler won it midway thru the georgia game. Not really much of a prediction. Knowing how goofball voters are going to vote and agreeing with them are two different things. You keep going back to "being right" we know who won. I had tua since week 2 via bet, and knew the writing on the wall hence hedging after the goergia game. Doesn't make the decision any less worse

homie1975

I was with my family watching Christmas tree lightings during the Bama georgia game but I saw the stats and knew the tua cawk blowers were so screwed and it was hilarious to be honest because after the auburn game so many were running their mouths and it pissed me off. In their phukking faces !!!!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Tua will not do s**t in the pros. Kyler should stick to baseball. This was an exceptionally poor Heisman race. All of you fools who wagered on Tua should have learned your lesson by now. Your lesson is that your opinion is totally worthless. NEVER think that your opinion means as much or more as a voters opinion because it does NOT. This is why all of you sorry excuses for bettors lose your arses every year. You THINK you know it all. Here is the truth. NO ONE pays you fools to think.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Tua will not do s**t in the pros. Kyler should stick to baseball. This was an exceptionally poor Heisman race. All of you fools who wagered on Tua should have learned your lesson by now. Your lesson is that your opinion is totally worthless. NEVER think that your opinion means as much or more as a voters opinion because it does NOT. This is why all of you sorry excuses for bettors lose your arses every year. You THINK you know it all. Here is the truth. NO ONE pays you fools to think.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Does anyone in here think that this was a great Heisman Class?

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10464

next year the kid will do better

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

You might as well go ahead and paint a bright red bull's eye on Murray. And perhaps look into props if he makes it all the way through the game.

Bama's defense will be the best OU has seen all year. Murray has seen them before when he washed out at Texas A&M. But when they play mad...they are better. They played mad against LSU and Miss State (after their d went for Tua's knee). It's gonna be glorious.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

clockwise1965
    clockwise1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18366

Hes a good college qb. His game will not transition to the pros.

homie1975

Does anyone in here think that this was a great Heisman Class?
    BigDaddy I actually do. yes it it was only 3 guys (usually 4 sometimes 5 get invited to the event) but each guy put up unGodly numbers and all 3 are tremendously talented at least on the college level.

for the next level, the talent that translates the best for Sundays is the Ohio State QB

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by clockwise1965 View Post
    Hes a good college qb. His game will not transition to the pros.
    that's exactly what you and others said about drew brees and russell wilson.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    You might as well go ahead and paint a bright red bull's eye on Murray. And perhaps look into props if he makes it all the way through the game.

Bama's defense will be the best OU has seen all year. Murray has seen them before when he washed out at Texas A&M. But when they play mad...they are better. They played mad against LSU and Miss State (after their d went for Tua's knee). It's gonna be glorious.
    Bama was going to give max effort anyway because they are extremely well coached and super talented, but now they will give max-plus effort but that extra adrenaline will hopefully cause them to overrun plays and they miss more tackles than normal.

BTW, please don't put LSU and Miss State offenses in the same sentence as Oklahoma and Kyler Murray, lest i question your knowledge on CFB and revoke your license to watch and discuss the games.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Ohio State QB Haskins got robbed. Why does the Heisman have to be on one of the top teams? I thought the Heisman was the best college player. It used to be all about the stats. Haskins leads the nation with 4,580 passing yards and with 47 passing touchdowns, while maintaining a 70.2 completion percentage. Murray has racked up 4,053 passing yards (third nationally) with 40 thrown touchdowns and a 70.9 completion percentage, while Tagovailoa has 3,353 passing yards (14th), 37 passing touchdowns and a 67.7 completion percentage.

Husker36

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Ohio State QB Haskins got robbed. Why does the Heisman have to be on one of the top teams? I thought the Heisman was the best college player. It used to be all about the stats. Haskins leads the nation with 4,580 passing yards and with 47 passing touchdowns, while maintaining a 70.2 completion percentage. Murray has racked up 4,053 passing yards (third nationally) with 40 thrown touchdowns and a 70.9 completion percentage, while Tagovailoa has 3,353 passing yards (14th), 37 passing touchdowns and a 67.7 completion percentage.
    Not sure why Tua was even invited. Seriously. He plays on the best team. That doesnt make him the best player.

homie1975

you are going to completely ignore the RUSHING YARDS put up by Kyler?

combine the passing and rushing yards of Kyler and you get 4945 tot yds from scrimmage. combined tds 51 (40 by air and 11 by land)

I see you are a husker fan so you are probably biased against the Sooners due to the old rivalry.

you are also biased vs Bama because they win so much.

and as a Husker you are now in the B1G conference so you are biased towards your conference brethren tOSU

so easy to dissect. too easy actually

homie1975

Not sure why Tua was even invited. Seriously. He plays on the best team. That doesnt make him the best player.
    you know NOTHING about college football. NOTHING.

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Husker is the Jon Snow of Gameday

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by keely85 View Post
    Husker is the Jon Snow of Gameday

Husker36

you are going to completely ignore the RUSHING YARDS put up by Kyler?

combine the passing and rushing yards of Kyler and you get 4945 tot yds from scrimmage. combined tds 51 (40 by air and 11 by land)

I see you are a husker fan so you are probably biased against the Sooners due to the old rivalry.

you are also biased vs Bama because they win so much.

and as a Husker you are now in the B1G conference so you are biased towards your conference brethren tOSU

so easy to dissect. too easy actually
    The Heisman trophy is the "best player in college" which usually translates to whoever is the best stat hog lol I'm not biased against Oklahoma..... I'm glad he won it. My response was to TUA being robbed. I hate Ohio State and I'm actually surprised that Haskins #s were so good....because I was not impressed with him vs the Huskers. I dont think Tua was robbed... I think he should have finished 3rd or lower. I think he MIGHT have been able to win it if he played more snaps... but he didnt. His coach and his injuries didnt help him win it. So he was NOT ROBBED. He didnt earn it.

Husker36

But for the record... I think that Tua will make it in the pros. But that's not what we are discussing. We are discussing the Heisman. Charlie Ward, Eric Crouch, Johnny Manziel, Tim Tebow, etc never played in the NFL or were flops. But that doesnt take away from them being the best college player that year. I personally think the right guy won this year.

homie1975

The Heisman trophy is the "best player in college" which usually translates to whoever is the best stat hog lol I'm not biased against Oklahoma..... I'm glad he won it. My response was to TUA being robbed. I hate Ohio State and I'm actually surprised that Haskins #s were so good....because I was not impressed with him vs the Huskers. I dont think Tua was robbed... I think he should have finished 3rd or lower. I think he MIGHT have been able to win it if he played more snaps... but he didnt. His coach and his injuries didnt help him win it. So he was NOT ROBBED. He didnt earn it.
    None of the Three guys invited to the ceremony had a Heisman Like Moment where you would say A-Ha !!!

But, out of the Three, Kyler Murray CLEARLY had the wow factor due to the running ability which neither of the other two could match. Tua can run a bit, but Haskins can barely run.

Add to that the amazing Passing stats that he put up which met or exceeded the other two guys.

i don't give two shittts what these guys will do in the pros, but Kyler was THE MAN from start to finish this year.

again, there are know-nothing sports morons (not you) who do not get why:

A) oklahoma made the top 4 playoff spots
    B) why kyler won the heisman

these people questioning it CLEARLY do not follow CFB from late Aug to early Dec because if they did, they would agree with A & B above.

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

what a moron. this will be the best o-line bama has seen all season. the guy gets the ball out quick. the only hits he will be taking is when he runs. he averages almost a first down every time he runs with it, then he will be sliding or stepping out at least 80% of the time. read up on it dumbo. he never takes big hits. but you just enjoy yourself, drinking yourself stupid and cheering for a college kid with a great reputation and a bright future to get hurt.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: homie1975

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    what a moron. this will be the best o-line bama has seen all season. the guy gets the ball out quick. the only hits he will be taking is when he runs. he averages almost a first down every time he runs with it, then he will be sliding or stepping out at least 80% of the time. read up on it dumbo. he never takes big hits. but you just enjoy yourself, drinking yourself stupid and cheering for a college kid with a great reputation and a bright future to get hurt.
    I had to re-read BadNina's post to see the injury statement. Unreal.

She is probably still salty that in 2014 ohio state ran roughshod over Bama and in 2016 clemson beat them at the gun. She was probably nowhere to be found when Mike DuBose and Mike Shula roamed the sidelines in a quiet Tuscaloosa. Amazing.

it's fans like her and statements like hers that make people hate BAMA. Tide likely beat OU but it will Not be easy and they will Not get to Kyler easily. book that.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

The undsputeable fact is that this was one of the worst Heisman Classes in years. If you liked any of these guys, you hae no idea what you are talking about. Someone had to win. That is all I will say about this group.

homie1975

The undsputeable fact is that this was one of the worst Heisman Classes in years. If you liked any of these guys, you hae no idea what you are talking about. Someone had to win. That is all I will say about this group.
    BigDad - I respectfully disagree. All 3 guys are extremely talented guys. the part that is hard for many people to wrap their heads around is that All Three guys are first-year starters

Tua obviously took over for Jalen Hurts
    Kyler took over for Baker Mayfield
    Dwayne Haskins took over JT Barrett

had any of these guys been in year two or greater, they would be more recognizable.

in terms of pure talent, all Three can really sling the football and Kyler's mobility and running ability is excellent, while Tua's is good (see LSU game) and Dwayne's is serviceable (his real talent is in throwing and he can really sling it)

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Bama was going to give max effort anyway because they are extremely well coached and super talented, but now they will give max-plus effort but that extra adrenaline will hopefully cause them to overrun plays and they miss more tackles than normal.

BTW, please don't put LSU and Miss State offenses in the same sentence as Oklahoma and Kyler Murray, lest i question your knowledge on CFB and revoke your license to watch and discuss the games.
    Heck no. OK has a much better offense. Miss State and LSU had enough offense to beat Auburn and that's really the best I can say about them.

That being said, you really think OK's Oline can handle Q Williams? Watch some replays of him against LSU. The refs let them play. He had guys holding and pulling on him and still got through.

And I am all for refs letting players play and not calling holding penalties all the time, as long as it goes for both teams. It did in the LSU game. For me, good refs are the ones you barely pay attention to during a game.

I wouldn't bank on the extra adrenaline. They know how to control it. Saban has this down to a science. Playing mad just makes the older plays more focused. You might be able to get some of the younger ones to get a little hot headed but not the older ones. They just get more focused.

homie1975

Nina u keep referencing the LSU gm. The baton rouge bums were proven to be a fraud offensively. Shame on Texas a&m and BIMBO Fisher for letting Geaux Tigers move the ball at will in college station.

Oklahoma O-line and skill players are a different animal anything Bama has faced all season save for Jawja. And of course dem dawgs put up 28 on u.

Here come the sooners !!!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Bull S**t. Georgia's offensive line is far superior to anything the meager Big 12 has. Miss. State's defense ranked 4th overall in the nation. They gave up an average of 12 points per game. Kentucky's D ranked 16th and gave up an average of 16.3 poinhts per game. Georgia's D ranked 21st in the nation. They gave up 18.5 points per game. Florida' D's finished 24 and gave up an average of 20.4 PPG. The closest thing to a defense that OU played was against TCU, who ranked 26th in the nation ad gave up 24.5 points per game. LSU, A&M and Auburn all finished higher than the 2nd highest Big 12 team, West Virginia. OU has no clue as to what they will face when they see Alabama's defense for the first time.

As far as your Heisman winner and the two other alleged players, NONE of them will come close to being a #1 NFL pick.

homie1975

Bull S**t. Georgia's offensive line is far superior to anything the meager Big 12 has. Miss. State's defense ranked 4th overall in the nation. They gave up an average of 12 points per game. Kentucky's D ranked 16th and gave up an average of 16.3 poinhts per game. Georgia's D ranked 21st in the nation. They gave up 18.5 points per game. Florida' D's finished 24 and gave up an average of 20.4 PPG. The closest thing to a defense that OU played was against TCU, who ranked 26th in the nation ad gave up 24.5 points per game. LSU, A&M and Auburn all finished higher than the 2nd highest Big 12 team, West Virginia. OU has no clue as to what they will face when they see Alabama's defense for the first time.

As far as your Heisman winner and the two other alleged players, NONE of them will come close to being a #1 NFL pick.
    One by one counterpoints to your post:

- OU offensive line is excellent. just as good if not better than Georgia's. tune in on 12/29 and you will see

- the SEC defenses you named are pretty good but their rankings on the D side are also a function of pretty weak offenses in the SEC. for every good O there, you will see 2 or 3 weak ones.

- TCU gave up 24.5 pts a game but OU scored 52 on them in Fort Worth !!!

- Heisman winner is about COLLEGE not the Pros. those of us who love the College game do not give a hoot what happens in the Pros.

the following Heisman winners also did not have great pro careers or will Not but it does Not matter. it does Not take away from what they did in COLLEGE on the field when they were at that level

- Lamar Jackson 2016
    - Johnny Manziel 2012
    - RGIII in 2011
    - Mark Ingram 2009
    - Sam Bradford 2008
    - Tim Tebow 2007
    - Troy Smith 2006
    - Matt Leinart 2004
    - Jason White 2003
    - Eric Crouch 2002
    - Chris Weinke 2000

And the list goes On and On and On and On.

HEISMAN IS A COLLEGE AWARD AND THOSE OF US WHO LOVE THE COLLEGE GAME DO NOT GIVE A RAT'S ASS WHAT THE WINNER DOES AT THE NEXT LEVEL

Thanks Big Dad I do enjoy the back and forth and you do know your stuff

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

all facts except your last sentence, tua will go 1st overall, said it at beginning of season. if Im wrong but saying someone wont be a #1 pick isnt going out on a limb is it unless you mean neither will be the first pick of any team, no way a team wont pick tua first.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!

Nina u keep referencing the LSU gm. The baton rouge bums were proven to be a fraud offensively. Shame on Texas a&m and BIMBO Fisher for letting Geaux Tigers move the ball at will in college station.

Oklahoma O-line and skill players are a different animal anything Bama has faced all season save for Jawja. And of course dem dawgs put up 28 on u.

Here come the sooners !!!
    And you keep overlooking LSU's defense. Cause they are hands down better than anything the Sooners have faced all year. I said LSU's offense was just good enough to beat Auburn and that really isn't saying that much. They were as good as they had to be in that game. But again...defense does matter to other conferences outside of the Big 12. If I am not mistaken the Sooners have maybe faced 1 top 50 defense all year? Bama faced 4 in their last 5 games.

homie1975

And you keep overlooking LSU's defense. Cause they are hands down better than anything the Sooners have faced all year. I said LSU's offense was just good enough to beat Auburn and that really isn't saying that much. They were as good as they had to be in that game. But again...defense does matter to other conferences outside of the Big 12. If I am not mistaken the Sooners have maybe faced 1 top 50 defense all year? Bama faced 4 in their last 5 games.
    Imo SEC defenses look better than they truly are because SEC offenses in general are not that strong. And BIG 12 defenses look worse than they truly are because BIG 12 offenses are so good.

Let's see how auburn D handles Purdue
    Let's see how Florida D handles Michigan
    Let's see how Bama D handles Oklahoma

And so on and so so forth

Either way, I'll find all of you SEC honks who year after year seem to overrated the defense and the team strength of that conference. Very good football played there no doubt, but you all dismiss the rest of the country with regularity

Don't be surprised if we have a repeat of 2014 bowl season when the SEC got run out in almost every game save for 2 or 3 of them

homie1975

I just opened a New Discussion just for SEC defenses

https://www.sportsbookreview.com/for...good-they.html

First 123 Last