jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

Not happening JJ

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jts I know

Let’s be honest I think Ohio State deserves it but too close to call so Oklahoma will go

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

I think Notre Dame moves to 4 and OU leaps them

jjgold

Notre Dame didn’t lose they can’t lose the spot

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

2 away

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

those guys on espn are terrible, espn has really gone downhill and un watchable sunday countdown college football shows,

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Jts I know

Let’s be honest I think Ohio State deserves it but too close to call so Oklahoma will go
    Down here in Oklahoma, we already know who is the 4th seed. 😀

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Georgia - 7 vs. Notre Dame
    Ohio State -1 vs. Notre Dame
    Oklahoma -3.5 vs. Notre Dame
    This means nothing because matchups must take place to have action, so they are saying IF Georgia gets in this is the line. They are not saying Georgia is getting in ahead of anyone. As for the projected lines, Georgia is the bigger favorite because most books have them power rated third in the country, again nothing to do with what the committee will do.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 271

No use in debating. It's Oklahoma hands down. Now you don't have to watch their 27 hour prediction show.

jjgold

here we go

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13502

same shiit teams

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I’d take Ohio State over Oklahoma

jjgold

I would’ve taken Ohio State also but it is what it is

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by DOM_Toretto View Post
    I’d take Ohio State over Oklahoma
    Committee put them 6th

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

So you can’t have 2 losses

SOS doesn’t matter much. Just win your shitty schedule

conference titles matter. Don’t have to win your division though, just don’t lose the title game

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

I think the committee has shown they factor in viewership and money. I'm sure they won't admit it though. Let's face it, everyone wants to see the high powered Okla offense play Bama. Certainly, more than a rematch of UGA v. ALA. Lining up UGA with Clemson in theory would have been okay but there's no way a losing team (now with 2 losses) can leapfrog an idle undefeated ND team that is already in 3rd (not sure I'd have them there in the first place - see below).

Gun to my head I say the best 4 teams right now are Bama, Clemson, Georgia and Ohio State. Tough call for 4th between Ohio State and Oklahoma. I give the nod slightly to OSU because of the impressive win over Mich and Oklahoma's less convincing win over Texas. I leave ND out because their schedule is just too soft. Yes, it was an impressive win against Michigan but it was the first game of the season and that was their only quality win. If they compete against Clemson I'll have to admit I was wrong.

I'm definitely excited to watch Bama play Okla.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

conference titles matter. Don’t have to win your division though, just don’t lose the title game
    Not necessarily, in theory, if you have shitty schedule and lose one game, it should lessen chances of being considered "best" one loss team when compared to one-loss teams with better schedule.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

They should stop conference title games. Go to a 6 team playoff.

1 and 2 are in automatically and the other 4 play the weekend they normally have the conference titles for the right to play the top 2 teams.

So this year you would have had ND play Ohio state and OU play Georgia with the winners facing bama and Clemson in a few weeks.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by mtofell View Post
    I think the committee has shown they factor in viewership and money. I'm sure they won't admit it though. Let's face it, everyone wants to see the high powered Okla offense play Bama. Certainly, more than a rematch of UGA v. ALA. Lining up UGA with Clemson in theory would have been okay but there's no way a losing team (now with 2 losses) can leapfrog an idle undefeated ND team that is already in 3rd (not sure I'd have them there in the first place - see below).

Gun to my head I say the best 4 teams right now are Bama, Clemson, Georgia and Ohio State. Tough call for 4th between Ohio State and Oklahoma. I give the nod slightly to OSU because of the impressive win over Mich and Oklahoma's less convincing win over Texas. I leave ND out because their schedule is just too soft. Yes, it was an impressive win against Michigan but it was the first game of the season and that was their only quality win. If they compete against Clemson I'll have to admit I was wrong.

I'm definitely excited to watch Bama play Okla.
    Irish wasting a spot but what can ya do? Unfortunate one those crappy teams that pushed them to the end didn’t beat them! Lol

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

i wonder if that ohio state qb haskins will be a stud in the nfl or a backup qb bum like cardale jones

maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Everyone is saying how Vegas would favor Georgia over Oklahoma

Not only is it irrelevant, I don't think it is even true

Vegas has both teams as 14 pt dogs vs Bama on a neutral field but somehow Georgia would lay pts to Oklahoma???

That makes zero sense, just like all of this BS Georgia hype

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post

Vegas has both teams as 14 pt dogs vs Bama on a neutral field but somehow Georgia would lay 7 to Oklahoma???

no chance it would be that high. within a couple of points either way. and all perception. and it does not mean a thing just like you said, completely irrelevant.

#2 has beaten #1 over the decades so many times that it is well over 50% winning pct. point spreads between the cream of the crop teams do not matter. anyone can be better on any day, and BTW Oklahoma would move the ball up and down the field on Georgia

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post

you've been watching CFB hopefully long enough that 2 losses almost always eliminates you from title consideration. 18 years of BCS gleaned one team (LSU 2007) who got in BCS title game with 2 losses. Zero in the College Playoff Era of 5 seasons now.

come on man, wake up!!

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    They should stop conference title games. Go to a 6 team playoff.

1 and 2 are in automatically and the other 4 play the weekend they normally have the conference titles for the right to play the top 2 teams.

So this year you would have had ND play Ohio state and OU play Georgia with the winners facing bama and Clemson in a few weeks.
    prisoner of the moment. complete overreaction to this year. next you'll want 8 or 10 teams, then the 12 or more, then CFB turns into the NFL and teams rest starters the last 1-2 games of the year and it turns into horse kaka

homie1975

Jts I know

coach you have a blind spot on this one. you don't get to lose to 6-6 purdue by 29 pts and then give up 51 pts to 5-7 maryland needing OT to win, and then get to to the show

what do the AP voters, USA coaches poll, and CFP see (including the majority of us fans), that you Buckeye apologists i mean supporters see, that you call cannot?

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    prisoner of the moment. complete overreaction to this year. next you'll want 8 or 10 teams, then the 12 or more, then CFB turns into the NFL and teams rest starters the last 1-2 games of the year and it turns into horse kaka
    Exactly, last thing I want is them shoving more teams into a playoff so the reg season doesn’t mean dick. Ultimately it doesn’t matter how many teams make it we will have the next group left out always complaining, come March we will be hearing how teams #69 and 70 got cheated out of the dance! Nobody ever happy and it never ends!! lol.

maggiethebestdog

no chance it would be that high. within a couple of points either way. and all perception. and it does not mean a thing just like you said, completely irrelevant.

#2 has beaten #1 over the decades so many times that it is well over 50% winning pct. point spreads between the cream of the crop teams do not matter. anyone can be better on any day, and BTW Oklahoma would move the ball up and down the field on Georgia
    You are too quick for me
    I corrected that right after I posted it
    Georgia would be 7 over ND
    Oklahoma would be 3.5 over ND
    So Georgia would be 3.5 over Oklahoma

So how is Oklahoma 14 pt dogs to Bama when that's what Georgia was??

My whole point is that it is just another BS and illogical way of jerking off Georgia

I honestly don't understand this nonsense

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

coach you have a blind spot on this one. you don't get to lose to 6-6 purdue by 29 pts and then give up 51 pts to 5-7 maryland needing OT to win, and then get to to the show

what do the AP voters, USA coaches poll, and CFP see (including the majority of us fans), that you Buckeye apologists i mean supporters see, that you call cannot?
    Spot on. It is the Big 10 fans in general. They think their teams are the best, when in reality, they have not scored so much as a point in their last two playoff appearances. That is a disgrace.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Spot on. It is the Big 10 fans in general. They think their teams are the best, when in reality, they have not scored so much as a point in their last two playoff appearances. That is a disgrace.
    and they have been passed over 3 straight years now. that's why they are so butt-hurt. decent conf that goes in cycles, but not the end all be all that they think they are. they are like a poor man's version of the SEC - they think their shittt does not stink. WRONG!!!

2daBank

You are too quick for me
    I corrected that right after I posted it
    Georgia would be 7 over ND
    Oklahoma would be 3.5 over ND
    So Georgia would be 3.5 over Oklahoma

So how is Oklahoma 14 pt dogs to Bama when that's what Georgia was??

My whole point is that it is just another BS and illogical way of jerking off Georgia

I honestly don't understand this nonsense
    Uga could very well be better but bottom line is they just had their playoff game and lost. Cracks me up ppl acting like they should just get to keep playing Bama till they beat them!!

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Damnit JJ , Not even close to truthful .
    The line is simply the public perception of bets the book thinks they can get equally .
    If lines were right , Georgia would've got beat by 2 TD'S vs. Bama and we're not even thinking about this . But they wasn't even close to right , Bama luckt they got out with a W , Hurts wins that game , Tua loses it if he doesn't get "Hurtsed"

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Vegas has both teams as 14 pt dogs vs Bama on a neutral field but somehow Georgia would lay pts to Oklahoma???
    Las Vegas books mostly just copy lines from online and they would follow everyone by having Georgia -2 to -3 against Oklahoma and -4 to -6 against Notre Dame.

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    Las Vegas books mostly just copy lines from online and they would follow everyone by having Georgia -2 against Oklahoma and -4 against Notre Dame.
    So obviously the argument that Georgia is better than Oklahoma because they would be favored over them is insane, just like all of the arguments that have Georgia in the playoff

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Georgia getting a little too much respect

3 wins vs austin peay, umass, mid tenn state - shame on them for scheduling even 1 of these cupcakes and they have 3 - and people call notre dames schedule soft ?

Not sure about these power ratings - they are rigged BS imo

Lsu destroyed them that game was over early first half

Ill take notre dame win vs michigan over anything georgia did all season

12 Last