maggiethebestdog
    maggiethebestdog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7629

Add more teams to the playoff???
    Are you fricken kidding me???
    There aren't 4 good teams in the whole country!!!!
    Okla, Georgia, OSU and ND are all slightly above average teams
    I don't even know how good Clemson is, but at least them and Bama took care of business
    Please stop

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Kirby Smart isn’t smart.

“We’re the last team Bama wants to play!”

Why is that Kirby? They beat Georgia every time they play.

If you look at the top 6, over the last five years the following teams have beaten Bama.

OU
    Ohio State
    Clemson

Georgia isn’t on that list. No one is scared of Georgia.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    They got it right but only because everything fell into place with all the favorites winning their conference title games. No way they could let Georgia get in over an undefeated Notre Dame or a Big XII champion Oklahoma with only 1 loss so they put the 4 teams in that made the most sense. Now if you ask me whether I think Georgia would beat Oklahoma or Notre Dame I'd probably answer yes but thats my own opinion which doesn't matter.
    Last time I say it. Damn right uga better than ND and prob sooners too (more debatable tho) but they just had their shot. We don’t need more teams in playoff cause we just had 1st playoff game yesterday and uga got bounced.

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I agree they’re one of the 4 best teams. With that said, they lost twice and don’t deserve to be in.
    That's exactly the point. If Georgia is better than Oklahoma, but less deserving based on more losses, why doesn't that same logic also apply to UCF?

2daBank

Kirby Smart isn’t smart.

If you look at the top 6, over the last five years the following teams have beaten Bama.

OU
    Ohio State
    Clemson

If they only played 1 half uga would be terrifying!

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57529

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Do we really need to see more of Michigan? I don’t. The more teams you add the more you take away from the regular season. I like that games mean something during the season; so when you supposed to be a great defensive team and osu hangs 60 on ya you are out!!! Lose to Purdue by 20+ good chance you are out!! Lose to Bama that was your playoff chance, you are out. Play ucf schedule and fukk off you were never in!!!
    I'd rather see the top 4 settled on the field, not the board room. Are the final four now the four best teams - No. With 8 teams the top 4 earn their way in. Might end up the same as we got now but who knows. Give UCF a shot - they can put up or shut up! We have 5 major conferences plus ND but only 4 spots? Add one round of playoffs - Top 4 seeds get home field or use bowls. D2 and D3 have 32 teams in the playoffs - Why is 8 such a pipe dream?

maggiethebestdog

Kirby Smart isn’t smart.

OU
    Ohio State
    Clemson

He's a fukkin joke
    2 years in a row they have their destiny in their hands with a double digit 2nd half lead and swallow their tongues both times
    Epic collapses at crunch time along with horrendous coaching decisions is what Kirby is about
    Nice fake punt call

He needs to shut the fukk up
    Nothing worse than someone who can't take care of business and then blames others for not achieving something
    Points Awarded:

BigDofBA gave maggiethebestdog 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I'd rather see the top 4 settled on the field, not the board room. Are the final four now the four best teams - No. With 8 teams the top 4 earn their way in. Might end up the same as we got now but who knows. Give UCF a shot - they can put up or shut up! We have 5 major conferences plus ND but only 4 spots? Add one round of playoffs - Top 4 seeds get home field or use bowls. D2 and D3 have 32 teams in the playoffs - Why is 8 such a pipe dream?
    It no pipe dream and I’m sure after current contract up you will prob get it. I just happen to be one of few that thinks more isn’t better and have no interest in seeing the ucf’s or Michigan’s of the world allowed into the playoff.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by TommieGunshot View Post
    That's exactly the point. If Georgia is better than Oklahoma, but less deserving based on more losses, why doesn't that same logic also apply to UCF?
    UCF doesn’t deserve to be in.

When your SOS is 85 and your best win is struggling to beat Memphis, a team that lost like 60-30 to Mizzou, you don't have a case.

If UAB goes undefeated and wins Conference USA do they deserve to play Bama in the playoff?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

BTW, the last time OU played Bama a few years ago they were a 17.5 point dog and won the game 45-31.

That Bama team had way more NFL talent than this one.

I realize that game has nothing to do with this game. I’m just saying that Saban has struggled with Offenses like this in the past.

I’m not predicting OU to win, but I would give OU more than a puncher’s chance in this game.

If Bama goes right down the field and scores, OU won’t care. They’re used to that.

If OU starts lighting up the scoreboard and Bama has to keep up, it won’t be comfortable for Bama. That’s when OU’s Bad defense starts forcing turnovers. I hope that’s what happens.

This will be far be the best offense Bama has faced all year. They aren’t playing an LSU team that try’s to pound the ball for 2-3 yards every down. OU will apply pressure all over the field.
    I remember that game vividly and the unveiling for bama fans of trevor knight. was prob his best game of career as a frosh that game no game after was as good I dont think. youre right bama has problems with qbs who can pass with high powered offenses its not so much as people say a mobile qb bama has problems with everybody has problems with mobile qbs who can pass and run but its the high powered offenses. the clemsons and watson, ole miss gave them problems and beat them twice. after that ou game saban went and hired kiffin 7 days later. Ill raise off me saying 3+ td win for bama earlier today that was me just talking moreso of the team who should get more stops and I dont see ou stopping bama too much on offense if tua is clicking and ou will score but if team A is able to get more stops than team b then team a should come out ok, I give ou a puncher's chance too because just like that ou game 4 years ago bama was shocked at the things they saw so ou's coaches could just dial up the perfect gameplan never know

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They got it right guys

Perfect actually

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11078

Strength of record and strength of sched. FPI too.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

SEC Championship was for the national title. OU and ND aren’t winning shit. Alabama hammers Clemson

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jrgum3 View Post
    They got it right but only because everything fell into place with all the favorites winning their conference title games. No way they could let Georgia get in over an undefeated Notre Dame or a Big XII champion Oklahoma with only 1 loss so they put the 4 teams in that made the most sense. Now if you ask me whether I think Georgia would beat Oklahoma or Notre Dame I'd probably answer yes but thats my own opinion which doesn't matter.
    Your last line is perfect. Your opinion doesn't matter. Mine is different and doesn't matter either

Btw folks, in the 18 year bcs era, only one 2 loss team ever made the title game (07 ohio state) and Zero 2 loss teams have made the playoffs these first five years.

Georgia, sit down. Sit down I say !!

maggiethebestdog

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    SEC Championship was for the national title. OU and ND aren’t winning shit. Alabama hammers Clemson
    So nobody ever gets to try and beat Bama except Georgia???

BigDofBA

You’re probably right.

With that said we already know Bama is better than Georgia so I see no need for Bama to have to beat them again.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 12-02-18 at 08:12 PM.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

You’re probably right.

With that said we already no Bama is better than Georgia so I see no need for Bama to have to beat them again.
    FWIW I’d think OU would have a chance on the other side of the bracket. Alabama’s track record in games where they have a month to prepare is a big mountain to climb. They also get rested up. Like if the two played this weekend, who knows what would happen

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by maggiethebestdog View Post
    So nobody ever gets to try and beat Bama except Georgia???
    No... I really don’t have a problem with the committee selection, and I’m a Georgia homer. We had our chance and blew it. I don’t want to hear its about the 4 best teams tho. UGA is one of the 4 best teams. Anyone who’s been paying attention can see that.

BigDofBA

The committee just makes up shit every year.

I do think they got it right though.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

psu shouldve gotten the 4th spot

fukkin smashed maryland

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

watch bbq quote me and smash his keyboard a bunch before seeing this post making fun of him
    Points Awarded:

2daBank gave reigle9 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

maggiethebestdog

No... I really don’t have a problem with the committee selection, and I’m a Georgia homer. We had our chance and blew it. I don’t want to hear its about the 4 best teams tho. UGA is one of the 4 best teams. Anyone who’s been paying attention can see that.
    I disagree
    How can you say Georgia is better than those other teams??
    Because they played Bama tough???
    An eye test???
    Because they would be favored in Vegas??

That's not the way sports work

They had an epic collapse in their CC game and lost 2 games
    That does not equal a team who is obviously in the top 4

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Do we really need to see more of Michigan? I don’t. The more teams you add the more you take away from the regular season. I like that games mean something during the season; so when you supposed to be a great defensive team and osu hangs 60 on ya you are out!!! Lose to Purdue by 20+ good chance you are out!! Lose to Bama that was your playoff chance, you are out. Play ucf schedule and fukk off you were never in!!!
    It's there every week. they focus on the top six from the time the rankings come out. so simple. 6 teams fixes everything. 1 and 2 seed gets a bye. 3-6 and 4-5 play in. then proceed as normal. If you're not good enough to be top 6, you have zero argument.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    It is right. If you can't even win your own conference championship you have zero business in the playoff.
    well bama didn't even make it to their conference championship game last year and won the national championship.......

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    It's there every week. they focus on the top six from the time the rankings come out. so simple. 6 teams fixes everything. 1 and 2 seed gets a bye. 3-6 and 4-5 play in. then proceed as normal. If you're not good enough to be top 6, you have zero argument.
    I could live w that, I like that better than 8 teams and do think it would prevent years one conf champ feels cheated..

BigDofBA

Saban said UGA was a top 4 team....

He proceeded to vote them 5 in the coaches poll the next morning. Lmao
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: M.W.

maggiethebestdog

This year it is obvious who 1 and 2 are
    It isn't always like that
    If there are not 2 clear cut top teams then the byes could create even more controversy

homie1975

I disagree
    How can you say Georgia is better than those other teams??
    Because they played Bama tough???
    An eye test???
    Because they would be favored in Vegas??

That's not the way sports work

They had an epic collapse in their CC game and lost 2 games
    That does not equal a team who is obviously in the top 4
    This ^

2daBank

If there are not 2 clear cut top teams then the byes could create even more controversy
    Ultimately it doesn’t matter what they do someone always gonna bitch.. we seriously have guys crying every year for team 69 or whatever it up to now that gets left out the college hoops tourney!!!! Like seriously? Poor team number 60 something, they deserved it!!! Lol

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

I could live w that, I like that better than 8 teams and do think it would prevent years one conf champ feels cheated..

exactly. why have a big 5 and only 4 can get in. it allows for all conference champs, if they are good enough, and one outsider. and more importantly to them, everyone gets their money. the argument would still ensue over the 6 spot. but if you're considered the 7th best team in the country, you ain't winning it anyway.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO

well if you are 3 and complain about having to beat a 6 seed, they should shut up already.

maggiethebestdog

well if you are 3 and complain about having to beat a 6 seed, they should shut up already.
    I'm not saying it's a bad idea, just that it is really dependent on having 2 clear cut top seeds

TommieGunshot
    TommieGunshot's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6350

UCF doesn’t deserve to be in
    The only reason UCF doesn’t deserve to be in is because they aren’t one of the top four teams in the country. The same is true for Oklahoma

mtofell
    mtofell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4680

Anytime there is subjectivity, there is no "right". Someone is always going to be pissed and feel they got screwed. I like the idea of an expanded system to 8 teams or 6 with 1 & 2 having a bye (but be prepared for more fights so maybe just 8 teams is best). It's not like there isn't time to have another round of games. Plus, more games = more $$ so why not?

Keep in mind even in the NFL when it's just record based, do you really think the best team wins the Superbowl every year? I'd say not as often as the best team wins in NBA, MLB or NHL. You just can't play enough games of football in a short enough time to get the true best team. Someone gets hot, something crazy happens and they win. Do we all really think PHI Eagles were the best team in the NFL last year? They were the best on Superbowl Sunday but it's hard to say they were better than some of the other power houses.

homie1975

The only reason UCF doesn’t deserve to be in is because they aren’t one of the top four teams in the country. The same is true for Oklahoma
    Sooners would not have lost by 20 at LSU. Cfp poll, ap, USA today, all these polls have sooners #4 yet so many of u seem to think youre right and everyone else is wrong. This has become comical

First 1234 Last