Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

North Carolina Brings Back Mack Brown

Mack Brown is set to become the next head football coach at the University of North Carolina according to a report
    The University of North Carolina has reportedly found the next head coach for their football program.

Just a day after they announced the firing of Larry Fedora after seven seasons, it appears as if UNC will name Mack Brown the next head coach.

Sources confirmed to Inside Carolina’s Greg Barnes that Brown and the University have reached an agreement to bring back the head coach for another tenure. A press conference to officially announce the hire is set for Tuesday.

Brown will be 68 when the 2019 college football season kicks off between with UNC taking on South Carolina and has spent the five years as an analyst at ESPN. He coached at North Carolina for eight years, bringing the program up to a top 10 national ranking before leaving to take the Texas job following the 1997 season.

But now, over two decades later he returns in hopes of getting this program back on track.

The Tar Heels have lost nine games in back-to-back seasons and the program has really struggled with injuries and recruiting during that time. They are just three years removed from appearing in the Atlantic Coast Conference Championship Game, losing to Clemson in 2015.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i think old coaches rock (both old and haven't coached in awhile) .............. tedford at fresno, edwards at ASU. before that davie at new mexico (was very very good for quite awhile and then it collapsed)

i think old or youngish coaches make sense. both come cheaply. and cheaply means that you don't need to EITHER commit to 4-5 years OR face a $20MM payout right when alumni is most pissed off)

i just read the other day that ASU potential recruits are loving Herm Edwards and his NFL links... admittedly other old coaches may not have them

anyway, i think it's great hire....................