mizzoutigers48
    mizzoutigers48's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Can someone explain this NCAAF betting rule for me?

Hey everyone,

I'm a long-time lurker and I think this is my first post.

First off, buy the letter of the rule of the book I placed this bet with, the bet was rightfully canceled, no complaint, I assumed I won and did not check the rule until after I noticed it was canceled. With that said...

I have UCF over 9.5 wins for the season. They went 11-0. The rule of the book is that all scheduled games had to be played. UCF/UNC was canceled due to the hurricane.

I am struggling to see who the rule protects or the reasoning for it. If the game had not been canceled and UCF lost and goes 11-1, the bet would've paid as a winner. I did some research and this seems to be a fairly common rule, so it's not just that I used a bad book (they are highly rated, no need to trash the book since they did follow the posted rules).

I am racking my brain trying to figure out the reasoning for this, and the only rule that makes sense is the result would've been in doubt had all games been played. I would also understand if the 11 wins were against teams not originally on the schedule, but they were not.

Sorry if this is something that is well-known, I'm new to the world of futures betting and I'm just trying to understand the reasoning for this. Thanks!

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i'm not sure exactly how i feel......... but if i put my lawyer hat on, i think it makes sense. "all games must be played OR if the team was certain to hit/miss X wins regardless of whether all games are won" doesn't sound right to me.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

it wouldn't have surprised me if they had said "all games must be played AND within XX hours of original date"