Johnny Gunn
    Johnny Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Does Anyone Trust Ohio State?

I lost Ohio State -17 at home versus Nebraska last week, they looked like complete dog shyt to say the least. Now, they go on the road versus Michigan State as -3.5 favorites. My first thought was to hammer the Spartans, but now I'm leaning towards Ohio State. The buckeyes won't be running against the Spartans defense but they should be able to move the ball through the air somewhat. The Spartans are anemic at best on offense and I believe their starting tailback is out again. I don't care which quarterback starts I don't think they can put up a ton of points, even though I'm a big fan of Rocky Lombardi, who played at a nearby high school. That being said, the Buckeyes are ranked #10 and still have an outside shot at a playoff spot, so maybe they will be more motivated more then last week.

Can I trust Ohio State this week?

jm8122
    jm8122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11885

Was going to make the same exact thread

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

On paper, talent wise OSU should crush MSU just like they did last year. But something is seriously wrong with osu it seems, they really don’t have any impressive wins imo. Osu wont be able to run on the MSU stout run d, but Haskins can have success for sure. I don’t think MSU offense has enough to keep pace but again, something is very wrong with osu and doubting Dantonio is rarely shrewd. if you like MSU, I’d take the ml. If you like osu, I’d consider an alternate spread

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Ya the QB for Ohio State sucks. No heart. But Michigan State is not the same Michigan State as past years. I think Ohio State covers.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Remember.... last week Ohio State had the distraction with Meyer coming out about his health. I really think that was a distration.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I told everyone that Meyer was finished at Ohio State after this season. Now the excuse has been established. It is well known that Ohio State has big problems in the clubhouse, described as "Dysfunctional" by at least one player. All of that being said, Ohio State still has better talent and should be able to cover the spread. As far as trusting Ohio State, the only two teams that I trust are Alabama and Clemson.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    Ya the QB for Ohio State sucks. No heart. But Michigan State is not the same Michigan State as past years. I think Ohio State covers.
    do u realize he's 3rd in the country in passing yards per game and in the heisman race it shocked me when I saw that a few weeks ago and in 1st year as a starter. if he sucks what is lewerke? with that said Ive only seen him a little this year strong arm but couldnt tell how accurate he was, he's connecting on 70% of passes this year so that answers that question I just dont like watching osu play or much of big 10 so I stay away