L8night
    I don't know who he is?I never met him
    L8night's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7987

NCAAF Week 9 with some observations

Last Week 1-1 -5
    YTD 5-5 -25

Hello SBR members and lurkers,

already Week 9 and we are seeing the cream rising to the top, Clemson put a beating on a pretty good NC St team, and it looks like there will be another Clemson/Alabama championship game.

If you have followed I have mentioned teams to watch

Army
    San Diego St

well I'm going to add another, Fresno St, this team is 6-1 and sports a pretty good defense, looks like the championship of the Mountain West will be Utah St/Fresno St and that will be a very good game.

Games I am looking at this week, no plays yet

Friday
    La Tech @ FAU, La Tech pretty good on defense, FAU has lost last 3 of 4, plus FAU QB nursing a sore ankle

Saturday
    New Mexico @ Utah St, N Mex off the beating at home against Fresno, now have to travel and face Utah St, could be over by halftime.
    Texas A&M @ Mississippi St, Aggies off a bye and starting to string wins together, Miss St seems to be floundering, possible ML play.
    Iowa @ Penn St, Iowa 6-1, Penn St looks very shaky, possible ML play.

Still looking

GL all and have fun

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

A&M's defense has been very good of late. I have no idea what is going on with Miss. State. Liking Under 45 1/2 in this game. Iowa cannot afford a loss, already down one game and the tie breaker to Wisconsin. Here is a little lesson that the "Sharps" use all of the time. Wisky goes to Northwestern and plays in the early game. Iowa and Penn State play some 3 1/2 hours later. What happens to Wisky will have a definite effect on how desperate Iowa plays. Utah State is one of the best teams in the group of 5. They can call their own score in this one.

Johnny Gunn
    Johnny Gunn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

I'm a Hawkeye fan and we Do Not play well in Happy Valley at all. I thought the line would open at 7 but was surprised it opened at -5.5 for Penn State. I've been on Iowa all year but I'm not touching this game…

L8night

hey Bigdaddy and JohnnyGunn,

thanks for dropping in, that Iowa game is getting a lot of interest, Johnny I'm going to take your advice and lay off the game, spread opened 4 and now is 6 1/2, if it goes to 7 then I will revisit it.

1st play of week,

Texas A&M ML +135
    vs Mississippi St, Bigdaddy, I feel that A&M is the better team at this time.

I'm going to add some totals Friday, see you then...

rainmaker82
    rainmaker82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I like that A&M money line pick. Their defense has been playing good ball lately and I think they will make Fitzgerald throw to beat them, which he won't be able to do. Bulldogs a little banged up on the offensive side of the ball too. Good luck sir.

L8night

welcome rainmaker,

glad you agree

I'm laying off the LA Tech @ FAU, tonight, no line movement on spread or total

2nd play
    of the week,

Utah St -19 1/2
    vs New Mexico, this line has dropped from 23 and I said to myself that I would play it if it moved below 20.

Leans
    on totals, I haven't played yet
    Army @ Eastern Michigan under 48 1/2, ugly weather predicted
    Purdue @ Michigan St under 48, another ugly weather game

Questions or comments?, I will be back tomorrow morning with final plays...

L8night

Final card for this week:

Texas A&M ML +135

Utah St -19 1/2

Purdue/Michigan St under 48

Everyone have a good weekend and good luck on whatever you play and remember try to have some fun win or lose.