Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

Wazzu (+5) vs. USC??!!...what am I missing here?

line opened up at (+4.5) at most books and then quickly dropped to (+3.5) within a 24 hour span...now it has picked up steam again and the current number is at (+5)...what gives??!!...is it because of USC's name and past reputation?...pedigree?...perception?... I took the Cougars on my teaser plays this week (in my thread) and I just might throw a nickel on them at the current number...would like to hear my fellow SBR nation poster's opinion on this game.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

Strange line for sure.

TheChamp1
    TheChamp1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6383

I think USC wins handily

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1404

wazzou straight up. underrated team and coach leach is very good. wazzu ml for me has a lot of value and ill take the points at well. itll be a close game.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave TheMetsSuck 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16073

Phillyguy check in

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90060

Usc

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Mike Leach loves to piss all over USC, usually with an inferior team. Lost a ton of money fading that guy.

Da Manster!

^^^...I tend to agree, SharpAngles...however, Mike Leach teams are also known to shit the bed at the most inopportune times or when you least expect it...his teams are usually good for at least 2 or 3 stinkers per season...that's been his Achilles heel throughout his career...but I hope you're right about his disdain for the Trojans...I got some money on Wazzu!...

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by TheChamp1 View Post
    I think USC wins handily
    any reason(s) why?...they got stomped by both Stanford and Texas...the same Longhorn team that barely squeaked by Tulsa and lost to my alma mater, a very pedestrian & mediocre Maryland Terrapins squad...Wazzu has been lights out and very impressive...31 - 0 over a scrappy San Jose ST team when the score could have very easily been 52 - 0 and blew out a respectable Wyoming team on the road 41 - 19 and drubbed division 1-AA powerhouse Eastern Washington...bottom line, the Trojans haven't shown me anything yet this year and maybe coach Shelton's time is running out..if USC finishes below .500 this year, he will probably get fired.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMetsSuck View Post
    wazzou straight up. underrated team and coach leach is very good. wazzu ml for me has a lot of value and ill take the points at well. itll be a close game.
    my sentiments exactly...

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by gauchojake View Post
    Strange line for sure.
    I was thinking the same thing, Jake...maybe a little too much respect for the Trojans based on perception, past reputation, name, etc.?

SharpAngles

USCs best defensive player Porter Gustin is out for the first half serving his suspension for last weeks BS targeting call. Liking Cougs 1H +3.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

BINGO his teams couldn't UNDERPERFORM more lol....but if he has the chance, yes-he will continue to piss on them....
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    ^^^...I tend to agree, SharpAngles...however, Mike Leach teams are also known to shit the bed at the most inopportune times or when you least expect it...his teams are usually good for at least 2 or 3 stinkers per season...that's been his Achilles heel throughout his career...but I hope you're right about his disdain for the Trojans...I got some money on Wazzu!...

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19443

WSU has looked good against three nobodies; SJSU hung with Oregon but lost at home to UC Davis, Wyoming (at home) needed a late TD to beat Wofford by three and EWU is I-AA. Gun to head, I take the Trojans but too many unknowns here; looks like a pass.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Tough to analyze both teams performance.

Wazzu crushed shit competition

USC got embarrassed by decent competition.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

any reason(s) why?...they got stomped by both Stanford and Texas...the same Longhorn team that barely squeaked by Tulsa and lost to my alma mater, a very pedestrian & mediocre Maryland Terrapins squad...Wazzu has been lights out and very impressive...31 - 0 over a scrappy San Jose ST team when the score could have very easily been 52 - 0 and blew out a respectable Wyoming team on the road 41 - 19 and drubbed division 1-AA powerhouse Eastern Washington...bottom line, the Trojans haven't shown me anything yet this year and maybe coach Shelton's time is running out..if USC finishes below .500 this year, he will probably get fired.
    What a bunch of B.S. A "Scrappy" San Jose team? We are talking about a team that lost at home to Division 1AA UC Davis and may not win a game this season. A "Respectable" Wyoming team that is 2-2, with wins against 0-4 (S/U AND ATS) New Mexico State and Division 1AA Wofford? A Division 1AA "Powerhouse"? This is nothing but Crap. Just who in the hell do you think you are kidding? Stop acting like you know what you are doing because you do not have a clue. You want to sound like a tout, but even they know more than you do, and that is not much. What is your record this year big shot? You do not even post it do you? Now knock off your caca. STOP the f**king unneeded dramatics.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

San Jose st can’t beat Top 5 high school programs - Case closed - This game should not be bet -

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by pimike View Post
    Usc
    A lot of pressure for USC to get a win and even a cover. Maybe they win and don't cover.

Can the handle they the moneyline pressure? It's showing up in the market, and I say no.

I picked up the upset earlier this week..

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    The NCAAF UPSET Basket has picked up...

309 WASH ST +165 over USC...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Southern California is terrible as is most West Coast football, most of the people on the West Coast Clowns Specially if their democratic

SharpAngles

Until JT Daniels shows me something I cannot bet on him. The fukkin kid is basically a high school senior wearing a college QBs uniform. The Trojans D is the worst it’s been in 5 seasons and missing its leader for half the game so reason number two they probably lose.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Southern California is terrible as is most West Coast football, most of the people on the West Coast Clowns Specially if their democratic
    Plus worst of all the USC head coach is bald as a cueball and we all know baldys are born losers.

oChRoNiCo
    DON'T TALK ABOUT IT, BE ABOUT IT SON!
    oChRoNiCo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12049

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    JJ does this mean you like WSU?

RangeFinder
    RangeFinder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2697

Freshman QB that has little experience and feeling some pressure. SC will have trouble putting points up. Again.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

another one of those "USC would have been heavily favoured in preseason" games....... they really seem to swing to the overachieving team i find... last week's Cuse over FSU finally convinced me.

i see power ratings have it USC as 1 or 2 point favorite.

i'm wondering if good system coaches (Leach) are good to TAIL when they lose alot of personnel. i mean they lost an absolute stud pass rusher and an amazing QB and here they are doing well. i know they picked up transfer QB which i'm often not crazy about, but i think Leach as HC is different.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

forgot to mention...... yes, i'll do WSU plus the points but not part of my thread record unless i post it there.

Igor_1965
    200 Independence Avenue
    Igor_1965's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 66

dont follow college but some very sharp touts on south cal

danwinkler
    danwinkler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

line opened up at (+4.5) at most books and then quickly dropped to (+3.5) within a 24 hour span...now it has picked up steam again and the current number is at (+5)...what gives??!!...is it because of USC's name and past reputation?...pedigree?...perception?... I took the Cougars on my teaser plays this week (in my thread) and I just might throw a nickel on them at the current number...would like to hear my fellow SBR nation poster's opinion on this game.
    Too many touts on USC. Its either Washington State or Pass. Pass for me. Like the over 50 though but will probably pass that too.

veriableodds
    validation not required
    veriableodds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1828

if you like washington state get the best of both worlds +3@ +125

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by danwinkler View Post
    Too many touts on USC. Its either Washington State or Pass. Pass for me. Like the over 50 though but will probably pass that too.
    Feels like an Under to me. This line jumped out to me as well. I thought it would be a pickem. I like wash as USC just does not look like a competent team to me, even facing better opponents. I could see the players quit in this game if things get tough.

steelheaddan
    steelheaddan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

How about the Cougs TT over 23? They have only not scored 23 points 5 times in the past 2.5 seasons, and they were against way tougher competition....

Pick'nParlays
    My Wifi Name is PrettyFly4aWifi
    Pick'nParlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 738

Quote Originally Posted by steelheaddan View Post
    How about the Cougs TT over 23? They have only not scored 23 points 5 times in the past 2.5 seasons, and they were against way tougher competition....
    i like your angle here but it is a road game for them

Da Manster!

thanks to all of the posters that contributed intelligently...either for or against one team or another....

@BigDaddyQH....

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

I couldn’t decide

lean USC 1h / game , Wazzou 1h /game TT U

but not one stood out

pass

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6759

I also can't find a reason to back either side

I would just play the underdog to win str8 up

USC qb doesn't impress but Wazzu hasn't beaten anyone

Cincy Courier
    Cincy Courier's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 109

Washington St +4

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12975

I hate betting against USC but I think you take the 4.5 if you can get it.

12 Last