Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

Keep the classic please

hotcross
    hotcross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7208

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The techs are working very very hard to make everybody happy
    I like the classic but I’m starting to like the new one now because it’s tighter
    Mobile I’ll let the techs know, I do know it’s very popular nowadays using phones
    I've tried using it for tonight, only on PC computer, not mobile.

It does look like some of the colors were changed and/or removed....the red was bothering me....so one more color suggestion = on the far left for each game make the "Star" icon just an outline star meaning outline the shape of the star with red and make the inside of the star white color. It's that solid red star that is distracting.

Next, about the Odds Lines all of the right side of the page - it's taking too much space. Suggest you compact all of the Lines shown for each book, meaning both Vertically (top to bottom) and Horizontally (left to right) - it's taking up too much space both ways and looks like it can be made tighter. After doing that, you could extend the game info / live game updates - making that bigger from the far left extend it a bit more towards the right.

Then, for the "Consensus" and the "Opener" columns - this should work like the Classic View does, meaning what happened to the ability to "hover" the mouse (or Classic on mobile you could tap those column headers) and after the game already started you could still see the percentages for those 2 columns. The new view doesn't allow that.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hot Cross outstanding review

The top administrators will read your comments this AM

Thanks

SBR Forum
    SBR Forum's Avatar Administrator
    Betpoints: 993431

Hi hotcross,

Thank you for the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by hotcross View Post
    It does look like some of the colors were changed and/or removed....the red was bothering me....so one more color suggestion = on the far left for each game make the "Star" icon just an outline star meaning outline the shape of the star with red and make the inside of the star white color. It's that solid red star that is distracting.
    Fair point. We can look at something like this. We're going to be reducing the width of the consensus/opener labels to allow for a bit more of the team names to fit, NCAAF and MLB get chopped off rather crudely, so perhaps the size of the star can be minimized a bit to be less distracting.

Have you played around with favoriting individual games? How do you like this feature?

Next, about the Odds Lines all of the right side of the page - it's taking too much space. Suggest you compact all of the Lines shown for each book, meaning both Vertically (top to bottom) and Horizontally (left to right) - it's taking up too much space both ways and looks like it can be made tighter. After doing that, you could extend the game info / live game updates - making that bigger from the far left extend it a bit more towards the right.
    The width is accounting for the spreads & totals view, which requires more space. The classic site gets around this by having a feeling of an 80% zoom of the browser, and is not responsive, so it will not adapt to the size of your screen. Some of the feedback we've had are that slightly bigger fonts and a more 100% feeling zoom are easier to read. Most modern websites are responsive nowadays.

Then, for the "Consensus" and the "Opener" columns - this should work like the Classic View does, meaning what happened to the ability to "hover" the mouse (or Classic on mobile you could tap those column headers) and after the game already started you could still see the percentages for those 2 columns. The new view doesn't allow that.
    Remember you can't hover on mobile devices. While the hardcore SBR Odds users knew about the hidden Easter eggs like hovering over a column on desktop showed consensus, many new users actually had no idea consensus was available. Consensus can be hidden with your settings if you'd prefer not to see it after a game started on the new site. We're going to make a more distinct settings gear icon which would make toggling consensus, or any other feature, basically two clicks. Maybe we can even activate a hover for it on desktop to save one click.

hotcross

Quote Originally Posted by SBR Forum View Post
    Have you played around with favoriting individual games? How do you like this feature?
    I have not utilized the Favorites feature, but I'll give it a try. Personally, the only reason I could foresee to use that is maybe for College Football or College Basketball, where there can be nearly 100 games listed on a given day. But those aren't even sports I follow too closely.

My point is = for NFL, MLB, NHL there are only a maximum of 15 games per day in each sport, and I like to see the Odds and Scores for ALL those games in one viewing. Also, here's how I use the Classic View, click on the sport at the top - click MLB for example. That will bring up the Odds for both Today's and Tomorrow's games for that sport. On PC computer, I can usually view all the games for the 2 days with minimal scrolling or no need to scroll. If on mobile phone, use the two fingers method of zooming or reducing for the same type of view of all the games....we had a comment in this thread saying the New Version didn't allow that on mobile phone....but I agree that's very important to have.

Granted my feedback isn't the only opinion out there. But we have several comments in this thread asking to keep the Classic Version at least as an available option (as it remains now). I suppose my feedback is designed to make the New look and feel more closely to the Classic. Also maybe my feedback represents the same reasons why the other members that said keep Classic.

There are some New features I do like, but it seems they could be part of the classic view. For example, I like how the 'game info ribbon' where it shows the most recent plays in the game, can now be clicked on and it expands to show about the last 9 plays in the game.

A change I don't like is by clicking on the "Matchup" button (which is now labeled "H2H") now gives a completely different, more simplified view of the information - at least for MLB that I've checked so far (in terms of sport...is it also changed for NFL,etc.?). The previous "Matchup" info available with Classic was much more detailed, although more cluttered format to read it - which I didn't mind.

Again my opinions may not be representative of the majority. I get the impression some of the new changes are designed for new users, and to look more "modern"

In the past I used other sites that provide free lines service, and maybe look at a second site for live scores. But I had found a home with SBR Odds Classic View because of it's clean simplicity, yet still the availability of more detailed info by knowing where to click to view the drill-down info. And of course for the Live game score updates all in one place.

jjgold

I see a lot of games now per screen without scrolling

It is the same as paid services

Studying hard

jjgold

Ok I compared both for 2 hrs

I think if capable of putting boxes/grids smaller and darkening the grey in the alternating rotation of games it could be real close to the classic

Only difference is the size and the classic a little darker

RGriebling
    Can't spell Griebling w/o the Bling
    RGriebling's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4070

Classic please

jjgold

We want everyone commenting negative and or positive

changes you want

TheGuesser
    TheGuesser's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24835

Better, but still no comparison to classic. You NEED a dedicated print friendly version, as the classic has.

hotcross

I have not utilized the Favorites feature, but I'll give it a try. Personally, the only reason I could foresee to use that is maybe for College Football or College Basketball, where there can be nearly 100 games listed on a given day. But those aren't even sports I follow too closely.
    yep...the Favorite feature works good for a Saturday full of College Football and other Pro sports going.

But I tell you those colors are disagreeable to the eye. The 'green' games are playing live - it's too bright. Try a muted shade of green.

The red star just stands out too much. I find it to be a distraction. The other red "mini-links" in that same left column area for each game are easier on the eye I think because the thin style to the font used on those (H2H, Price history).

The finished games using that muted blue color looks fine to me.

jjgold

Crosser you have some very good suggestions

First 12