Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22656

App St. takin' it to Penn St

Leading by 7 late.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

The Big 10 is way overrated. 5 teams in the top 15? What a joke.

Michigan State should have lost at home to Utah State and now PSU is in overtime with App. State.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

state only returned 3 starters on defense, seems to be the key when you have a good mid major with an experienced qb you can do damage early in the season against a much higher ranked team.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

APP STATE WOULD OF WON if that idiot wouldn't of ran in for the TD and left 1:39 and 2 timeouts for Penn State

once he got the first down... stay in bounds and go down. so about 1:43 left because extra sec ticked off when he did get the TD.

35 ticks run off... snap first down at 1:08 left. run 1st and 2nd down... kill 8 to 10 seconds. So maybe 1 min left at best for Penn State.

run it 3rd down and Penn can't stop clock. call timeout with 1 sec left. 15 sec left AT BEST FOR PENN STATE.

Kick Short field goal... and YOU WIN unless you kick deep and give up a huge return or squib it and give up too much real estate... even then. Penn would need a big long pass and then clock it to attempt a LONG ASS FG.

APP STATE RB WHO SCORED TO GIVE THEM THE LEAD LATE IS AS DUMB AS JR SMITH

jtoler

nobody thinks like that during a game especially one like this tm which is why you dont see it. sure its smart but try telling a huge underdog that in a once in a lifetime situation, adrenaline rushing youre happy to be able to score a go ahead td in the 1st place. if you dont make that fg or it gets blocked and you go on to lose then youre a pariah for life

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Really would have loved to see the upset here

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6858

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    nobody thinks like that during a game especially one like this tm which is why you dont see it. sure its smart but try telling a huge underdog that in a once in a lifetime situation, adrenaline rushing youre happy to be able to score a go ahead td in the 1st place. if you dont make that fg or it gets blocked and you go on to lose then youre a pariah for life
    yep... it was just naturally the MADDEN LOGIC in me thinking that as i was watching the game

jtoler

im bias I did something I never do, usually if I parlay big spreads its a couple -400 or -300 games, I put State in one today just because lol yea dumb, doesnt help much at that price, so I was just hoping for a victory, glad he didnt just fall down, but thats the smartest thing to do and the coaches are the ones that should tell them that, but all the coaches are worried about is scoring themselves and not thinking about strategy at that point.