TonySpreads
    TonySpreads's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 128

Tony's Picks for Friday

https://theupstairsbasement.wordpress.com/2018/08/31/cfb-ats-pickem-week-1-5-friday/

Colorado (-7.5) @ Colorado St. (At Mile High Stadium)

Tony’s Friday Game of the Night is the Rocky Mountain Showdown, presented by Medicinal Marijuana and Little Ceaser’s Pizza. I am not going to get into too much crazy detail with this one. Last Saturday I watched a bad Hawaii team run up and down on the field on this Colorado St. team. They do have a good QB in Carta-Samuels but other than that this is a completely inexperienced team that might end up at near the bottom of the Mountain West Conference.

On the other side, Colorado has a very good QB in Steven Montez. The 3 year starter had a 2-1 TD ratio last year and added over 300 yards on the ground last year. I have to believe that an above average Pac 12 QB can handle this horrendous Colorado St. defense. While Colorado has lost their all time yardage leader in Phillip Lindsay (now with the Broncos), they brought in Virginia Tech transfer Travon McMillan to fill the void. McMillan was an 1,000 yard rusher as a freshman in the ACC but has struggled the last few years.

Phil Steele (CFB Expert) had Colorado ranked #47 and Colorado St. #100 in the preseason. You can make the assumption that Colorado St. would be even lower in his rankings now after an embarrassing loss against Hawaii.

Tony’s Verdict: Colorado (-7.5) 1 unit

I’m not going to overthink this one, Colorado St. stinks. If possible, try and buy a half point to get this down to 7 but I still like it either way. Put a unit on Colorado and start Labor Day Weekend off winning a nice unit on a very underwhelming football game.

Other Game to Bet on: Syracuse @ Western MIchigan (+5)

I’ll usually always try to bet at least 2 games. It pains me to say this as a Syracuse fan, but I actually really like WMU Friday night. WMU has a really good offensive line and backfield combination. Combining this fact with how bad Syracuse’s defensive line is projected to be, it could be Western Michigan running wild in this one. Eric Dungey (Cuse QB) is really talented but he’s gonna have to have a hell of game to cover a 5 point spread. Not to mention the WMU Head Coach was part of the Cuse staff not so long ago, so there might be some familiarity.

Chris Berman Voice: Broncos trample on the Orange 35-31. And let me be the FIRST to wish you a very happy Labor Day weekend...

Tony’s Verdict: Western Michigan (+5) 1 unit

Tony's ATS Record 2018: 3-0 (+5 units)

playr101
    playr101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1511

GL tonight.