Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Auburn v Purdue

A lot of shit is going on at Auburn spilling over to public headlines from behind the scenes

just a terrible situation

no one , NO ONE , knows how the Tigers will play today... Not even AU coaches

most definitely a PASS game for serious gamblers

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

I'll take my chances fading GUS

Sam Odom

Gus is not allowed to coach as a HC any longer... Ex HCs coming to his defense blaming boo$ter$

kufan11
    kufan11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

At the end of the day its the players who play the game. Purdue is missing their top defensive end Neal. Its Stidhams last game he should be motivated to finish his career on a high. Auburn doesn't really have any bad losses except Tenn, i highly doubt Purdue would have beat Bama, Georgia or LSU. Purdue lost 6 games this year in a worse conference and while they have the one win against Ohio State that is as much an outlier as the Tenn game is for Auburn. Auburn actually has a good pass defense and if they limit the pass they will shut down Purdue and win easily. I don't see Purdue stopping the run and unless Auburn turns it over they will win.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Purdue plus the points - Don't underestimate the power of Tyler Trent!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by kufan11 View Post
    At the end of the day its the players who play the game. Purdue is missing their top defensive end Neal. Its Stidhams last game he should be motivated to finish his career on a high. Auburn doesn't really have any bad losses except Tenn, i highly doubt Purdue would have beat Bama, Georgia or LSU. Purdue lost 6 games this year in a worse conference and while they have the one win against Ohio State that is as much an outlier as the Tenn game is for Auburn. Auburn actually has a good pass defense and if they limit the pass they will shut down Purdue and win easily. I don't see Purdue stopping the run and unless Auburn turns it over they will win.
    Duke was missing their entire defense yesterday. Give me the the team who has shown capable of finding ways to score points, you can have the shitbags just cause they play in sec.

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

The blame here is directly on Leath. Leath gave Malzahn that horrid extension.

If Auburn fired Malzhan? They would have to pay him $32,000,000! That’s insane.

The Tigers have been a colossal disappointment this year, and Malzahn is 1-4 in bowl games at Auburn. That being said, if the Tigers come to play at all in Nashville? Then they should easily kick the shit out of Purdue.

kufan11

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Duke was missing their entire defense yesterday. Give me the the team who has shown capable of finding ways to score points, you can have the shitbags just cause they play in sec.
    Im taking the team thats 7-5 against better competition over the team thats 6-6...

firedawg

Sammy knows Auburn football
    Gus has this program in the dumpster
    Win or lose he's a marked man

2daBank

Im taking the team thats 7-5 against better competition over the team thats 6-6...
    You getting the more talented team too, not arguing that. They still shitbags, I’d rather lose knowing my money on the side that will actually show up and try, not exactly a staple of auburn.

kufan11

I just have a hard time betting on a team that lost to Eastern Michigan and just recently lost to a bad Minnesota team 41-10. I don't doubt they will be trying really hard. But i can try as hard as i want against Lebron in basketball but im not going to win.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post
    If Auburn fired Malzhan?
    Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Win or lose he's a marked man
    Gone before bowl season next year - everyone knows it even recruits

2daBank

This ain’t exactly you vs bron at hoops. This football and team that shows up generally wins, not the more talented one. Gap isn’t that big.

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Gone before bowl season next year - everyone knows it even recruits
    Disagree. No way Auburn cuts him a check for 32 million. When it would have been “just” 7 million after last year.

Sam Odom

Gus' contract was renegotiated or was legally scrutinized to the letter... way less buyout

kufan11

I think he is def on the Hot Seat but thats alot of money, unless they got a guy lined up they may just ride it out a few years. Hes got the #11 recruiting class right now with only 16 commits, noboday ahead of them has less recruits so they should climb into the top 10 when all is said and done. Expectations at Auburn are too high, same thing as LSU fire a national championship coach bc u struggle to beat Bama...Bama is the team of our generation like ND was back in the day, everyone struggles to beat Bama.

stake1

Gus' contract was renegotiated or was legally scrutinized to the letter... way less buyout
    Link?

Sam Odom

Link?
    so... you were talking shit without any insight ... got it

Malzahn cannot make major decisions concerning the football program any longer, Has to get permission... Gus would be a fool to stay after next season

Alright Alright
    Alright Alright's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

The blame here is directly on Leath. Leath gave Malzahn that horrid extension.

If Auburn fired Malzhan? They would have to pay him $32,000,000! That’s insane.

The Tigers have been a colossal disappointment this year, and Malzahn is 1-4 in bowl games at Auburn. That being said, if the Tigers come to play at all in Nashville? Then they should easily kick the shit out of Purdue.

Jay Jacobs, the former athletic director, gave Gus Malzahn that extension on his last day at Auburn!

Sam Odom

Having said all of this... Auburn could win by 21+

stake1

so... you were talking shit without any insight ... got it

Malzahn cannot make major decisions concerning the football program any longer, Has to get permission... Gus would be a fool to stay after next season
    LOL

I’ve not seen a single report that his contract and guaranteed money were renegotiated. Either you provide a link, providing proof that his buyout is less now? Or you know what that means.

Malzahn has 32 million reasons to stay. Only a fool would walk away from that, or agree to less.

And You seem to change direction with the wind, spewing all kinds of garbage without any facts to back it up.

firedawg

Having said all of this... Auburn could win by 21+
    Or they could lay an egg

Let's see

kufan11

I think Auburn fans need to take a chill pill. Last year new years 6 bowl, year before that new years 6 bowl. I mean yea they didnt win those games but thats the way the cookie crumbles. I'm a florida fan we won 2 championships in 06' and 08' and then lost our coach and have been doo doo ever since. Im happy to be back in a new years 6 bowl this year. U fire ur head coach and you run the risk of turning into a 4-9 team like florida last yr. Its not like teams like Georgia and Bama and Texas A&M are getting any worse.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

this games a dumpster fire.. wouldn't touch it. If I was going to bet any game, id go with Syracuse -2.5. even if I lost, it would still be the play for me.

stake1

Quote Originally Posted by Alright Alright View Post
    Gus Malzahn wanted to clear the air.

Speaking to the media for the first time in 19 days, since his postgame press conference during the Iron Bowl, Malzahn wanted to make something clear about his contract to be Auburn’s coach in wake of reports that he was being forced to renegotiate his new seven-year, $49 million deal.

“A couple things I wanted to clear up that are out there,” Malzahn said. “First of all, my contract has not changed one bit. I was never told I had to change my contract to keep my job. I have the support of our athletic director and president. There’s nobody hamstringing me from doing our job."

Art Vandelay

You getting the more talented team too, not arguing that. They still shitbags, I’d rather lose knowing my money on the side that will actually show up and try, not exactly a staple of auburn.
    Exactly! It's mostly about motivation in these bowls. Do you think Wisconsin had more talent than Miami? Of course not, and the Canes got thoroughly embarrassed. Going by who has a better record and who beat who is just a small part of the bowl "equation".

kufan11

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Exactly! It's mostly about motivation in these bowls. Do you think Wisconsin had more talent than Miami? Of course not, and the Canes got thoroughly embarrassed. Going by who has a better record and who beat who is just a small part of the bowl "equation".
    I agree with what your saying, and im not splitting hairs but were still guessing that Auburn will not be motivated in this game. I mean its their QBs last game with the team, im sure he will be motivated to at the very least improve his draft stock, and if i could pick 1 position to have a motivated player playing it would be QB.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

There you guys go making something out of nothing again. It is real simple. If Auburn shows up and decides to play, they win. If Auburn shows up, has a good time in Nashville, and mails it in, they lose. If I were wagering on the game, I would take the team that wants this game more, and that clearly is Purdue. Other things to consider. The Doggies are on a 6-0 run. The Big 10 is 2-0 in bowl games, winning both rather easily.

2daBank

I agree with what your saying, and im not splitting hairs but were still guessing that Auburn will not be motivated in this game. I mean its their QBs last game with the team, im sure he will be motivated to at the very least improve his draft stock, and if i could pick 1 position to have a motivated player playing it would be QB.
    I liked that for dukes qb yesterday, I don’t think stidam worth a fukk tho. Anyone drafting him really desperate and really stupid. I can’t think of a team other than gmen he improves the qb situation on!!

Sam Odom

QH

good luck on your bets today and in the future

Sam Odom

Sammy gone... out for breakfast then to watch game with friend and foe alike

kufan11

I liked that for dukes qb yesterday, I don’t think stidam worth a fukk tho. Anyone drafting him really desperate and really stupid. I can’t think of a team other than gmen he improves the qb situation on!!
    Can't argue with you there, hes only thrown 5 pics all year i guess he kinda reminds alittle bit of Alex Smith, but i don't think anything will help giants until they get an O-Line.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

The issue with Malzahn is that he is supposed to be an offensive genius yet his offense is avg at best every year. Why do they not improve? Why cant they throw the ball? If they were 7-5 every year and scoring 35 pts a game his seat would be a lot less hot. He needs to prove that he can get the offense going otherwise where is he adding value?

Art Vandelay

I hope Stidham shows up -- On the OVER as well!

1234 Last