LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Kyler Murray is New Heisman Trophy Favorite!

Per BOL

• Kyler Murray: -145
    • Tua Tagovailoa: +125
    • Dwayne Haskins: +1600
    • Will Grier: +2500

Tua goes from prohibitive -500 to +125 in one week!

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

poster on another forum said bovada is up to +150 on Tua and -180 Murray

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

grier didn't even get an invite, cross him off the list

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lol

I called it a month ago

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    poster on another forum said bovada is up to +150 on Tua and -180 Murray
    Does not really change the point though, how do you go from -500 lock to second choice after one game? I could see if the two were close in odds before the championships but that was not the case. If I were to bet this (which I am NOT), I would bet Tua at +odds.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Wow what a turn of events

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

agree I was in total shock as well. dumbfounded
    Hes easily the winner imo

but... these types of prop lines and movements are near 100% accurate when they happen as the do straw polling of voters and some know this one got tight and maybe beyond tight.

will be interesting

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

kyler murray would be a good choice go down with all the other college qbs couldn't make it in nfl

LT Profits

Also note that some votes (BUT NOT ALL) were already in before the championship games were played, those early votes were no doubt overwhelmingly Tua. So question now becomes what percent of voters did not submit before the games.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Tua was like 80% before the weekend but Murray won, and Tua played bad then got hurt and Hurts was the hero so that was a pretty unlikely weekend so it makes sense for the odds to shift a lot.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Wonder if this would have happened had Alabama played Notre Dame or Oklahoma last weekend
    Points Awarded:

ans61201 gave daneblazer 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Tua was like 80% before the weekend but Murray won, and Tua played bad then got hurt and Hurts was the hero so that was a pretty unlikely weekend so it makes sense for the odds to shift a lot.
    Still looks like overreaction though, especially when Heisman is based on whole season and some votes were already in before the games.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 12-04-18 at 10:03 AM. Reason: "whole" season

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

this is kind of nutty isnt it? wish i still followed along...still took tua in the SBR Book

DJK
    Gee Joon/Teen Bo Guaranteed Winner
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7935

If Kyler Murray wins the Heisman, then OU is finished as Alabama will kill them.

If OU wants any chance of winning the national title, then they should not campaign for Kyler winning the Heisman and let Tua win it instead.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Also note that some votes (BUT NOT ALL) were already in before the championship games were played, those early votes were no doubt overwhelmingly Tua. So question now becomes what percent of voters did not submit before the games.
    https://www.heisman.com/articles/hei...-how-it-works/

Frequently asked questions

How many voters submit their ballots before all the games are completed?
    Very few. In 2017, just 11% of voters submitted ballots early. The vast majority (89%) waited until after the final games were played

If I had to guess what percentage sent in their votes in early this year, I would say almost none since they probably wanted to see how Tua fared against Georgia and the answer is NOT very good. I wasn't even going to bet this but now I may have to take a shot at Tyler.
    Last edited by DJK; 12-04-18 at 10:33 AM.

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Besides, even ESPN flipped over night from Tua to Tyler as I swear it was Tua on the top just yesterday.

ESPN Experts' Poll

Dec. 3, 2018

Name Position School Year 1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total
    Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma Jr. 6 4 0 0 0 46
    Tua Tagovailoa QB Alabama Soph. 4 6 0 0 0 44
    Dwayne Haskins QB Ohio State Soph. 0 0 9 1 0 29
    Will Grier QB West Virginia Sr. 0 0 1 5 3 16
    Darrell Henderson RB Memphis Jr. 0 0 0 1 2 4
    Gardner Minshew QB Washington State Sr. 0 0 0 1 2 4
    Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin Soph. 0 0 0 0 3 3
    Travis Etienne RB Clemson Soph. 0 0 0 1 0 2
    Quinnen Williams DL Alabama Soph. 0 0 0 1 0 2

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

But then, I just read this on ESPN and I can't tell if these idiots are BS'ing or not.

Jay Strotherwell spoiler i have a source that has told me the name has been ingraved on the trophy as of 845pm dec 3 2018 it clearly says and i repeat clearly says 2018 heisman trophy winner from the university of alabama tua t. its been his for weeks found out this stupid watch list only tracks the possible winners not the actually the winner in fact ima save this post come sat i told yall so yall heard it from me tua won it

Like · Reply · 1 · 7h

George AbrahamI heard about this too

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

But who says they cannot erase the engraving and re-do it?

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    But then, I just read this on ESPN and I can't tell if these idiots are BS'ing or not.

Jay Strotherwell spoiler i have a source that has told me the name has been ingraved on the trophy as of 845pm dec 3 2018 it clearly says and i repeat clearly says 2018 heisman trophy winner from the university of alabama tua t. its been his for weeks found out this stupid watch list only tracks the possible winners not the actually the winner in fact ima save this post come sat i told yall so yall heard it from me tua won it

Like · Reply · 1 · 7h

George AbrahamI heard about this too

I looked up Jay Strother and he is an Alabama fan, so he is nothing but a troll and whatever he said in his post absolutely does NOT count.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnatikid513 View Post
    kyler murray would be a good choice go down with all the other college qbs couldn't make it in nfl
    False because he will not even try. LOL

This is his last year playing football, he was the 9th pick in the MLB Draft and made the vert WISE choice of playing baseball, where he should make a boatload of money over a longer career with less chance of serious injury.

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    False because he will not even try. LOL

This is his last year playing football, he was the 9th pick in the MLB Draft and made the vert WISE choice of playing baseball, where he should make a boatload of money over a longer career with less chance of serious injury.
    not exactly true for baseball players, u get a nice signing bonus but then u don't get paid much at all for a while as the team controls u for 5-6 years where if you are a 1st round nfl pick ur looking at more money, baseball u actually have to prove urself there have been many top draft picks in baseball that dont' make it to the majors

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

I’ve had tua for about 9-10 weeks now and this sucks. I was calling it all game. However I still think he should get it but seeing the odds change definitely make me feel like going to take a bad beat here as he completely laid and egg, although Murray never played a team near Georgia and played most 4th quarter minutes.

One thing in favor is that a lot of votes got submitted before final games which I would assume are tua votes

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This is one of the WORST Heisman Trophy races of all time. The ONLY player with a decent shot to succeed big time in the NFL is West Va. QB Will Grier. The rest are not even worth 1st round consideration for the NFL.

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Murray is the more valuable player since Oklahoma's defense is garbage, but Tua has had the better year. If Tua had played in 4th quarters his numbers would be much stronger.

Slipknot26
    Slipknot26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1575

Books walking everyone into a frenzy .
    Tua laying huge odds up until the last week , has a mediocre game then a 600+ flip in odds .
    Have absolutely no dog in it , refuse to bet Props but both could be argued and / or win it
    If Tua wins by a small margin , expect the books to look like geniuses and make money doing it

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Murray is the more valuable player since Oklahoma's defense is garbage, but Tua has had the better year. If Tua had played in 4th quarters his numbers would be much stronger.
    Alabama offense was average and is now great with a new qb.

Oklahoma is pretty much what it is every year. And what it was last year.

Oklahoma didn’t play any great defenses.
    And he played almost every snap, and lost.

Honorable mention for tua: 2 huge drops by receivers in Georgia game that possibly go for touchdowns, one almost certainly.

Still think Murray unfortunately gives me me the bad beat

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    good points

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

SInce Kyler Murray is really the only 2nd legitimate contender, maybe this is just folks taking a hedge position, to guarantee out a profit.....especially those who got Tua at + money prior to the season. I actually don't know what the Heisman odds were going into the season, but I would imagine Tua was + money.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    This is one of the WORST Heisman Trophy races of all time. The ONLY player with a decent shot to succeed big time in the NFL is West Va. QB Will Grier. The rest are not even worth 1st round consideration for the NFL.
    thats not what the award is about you big asshole.

ans61201

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    thats not what the award is about you big asshole.
    Yeah guy clearly didn’t see seasons with guys like Tebow as the front runners.

Not to mention tua and Haskins will be first rounders, and id wager a considerable amount at least one of them is at least an average nfl starter for a few years.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i didn't realize that a key criteria for the heisman winner is likelihood to have good NFL career........ that's news to me.

either one would be fine......... sure shows how fickle people are.

i did think that kyler at +700 awhile back was good value. it was easy to forget how young Tua is and how alabama's offense often slows down against elite teams.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by ans61201 View Post
    Yeah guy clearly didn’t see seasons with guys like Tebow as the front runners.

Not to mention tua and Haskins will be first rounders, and id wager a considerable amount at least one of them is at least an average nfl starter for a few years.
    I bet Haskins preseason... Imo, he should still win it. Oklahoma guys always win.. voters have a hard on for Sooners

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    I bet Haskins preseason... Imo, he should still win it. Oklahoma guys always win.. voters have a hard on for Sooners
    i did some analysis before the season. Big 12 seems always to have winner or finalists. they put up huge number of passing yards. ACC has some similarities......... Big 10 and SEC seem to have much more stout defenses.. Pac12 i guess has been mediocre in general

but the big one is the Big 12... between oklahoma and west viriginia you had major possibility of major candidate

DJK
    DJK's Avatar SBR PRO

I read as much as I could and made up my mind. Kyler Murray it is.

Took Kyler -164 at BookMaker and Tyler -190 at Bovada. Come to think of it, I don't know why I even bothered taking Kyler at Bovada with the higher juice; that was rather stupid. My mistake to go to Bovada first and placing the bet there thinking they would have the similar odds instead of checking the odds at both books first.

Too much analyzing will lead me to the wrong decision. I needed to keep it simple and that's Kyler Murray is clearly the more valuable asset to OU than Tua to Alabama as what Jalen Hurts showed in the conference championship game. Without Kyler, OU is not in CFP. Without Tua, Alabama probably still makes CFP. Thus, the more valuable player is Kyler.
    Last edited by DJK; 12-05-18 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Name spelling correction

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by DJK View Post
    I read as much as I could and made up my mind. Tyler Murray it is.

Took Tyler -164 at BookMaker and Tyler -190 at Bovada. Come to think of it, I don't know why I even bothered taking Tyler at Bovada with the higher juice; that was rather stupid. My mistake to go to Bovada first and placing the bet there thinking they would have the similar odds instead of checking the odds at both books first.

Too much analyzing will lead me to the wrong decision. I needed to keep it simple and that's Tyler Murray is clearly the more valuable asset to OU than Tua to Alabama as what Jalen Hurts showed in the conference championship game. Without Tyler, OU is not in CFP. Without Tua, Alabama probably still makes CFP. Thus, the more valuable player is Tyler.
    who is Tyler Murray?

123 Last