BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

24 "Experts" pick the CFB CC Game Opponents

Here is a list of teams that 24 "experts" pick to be participants in the NCAA Championship Game. These experts range from well known to little known:
    Clemson...12
    Alabama...10
    Ohio State...8
    Washington...8
    Georgia...4
    One vote for Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Florida State, Notre Dame, Penn State, and Texas. The craziest pick was Penn State vs Texas, followed closely by Florida State vs Washington, Wisconsin vs Washington, and Notre Dame vs Clemson.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

I heard yesterday that Oklahoma is favored in every game they're playing this year. If that's true, and the Big 12 is less top-heavy this year (which it is), there may be value there.

There is almost NEVER value on futures bets, but if you wanted to take one.....

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    I heard yesterday that Oklahoma is favored in every game they're playing this year. If that's true, and the Big 12 is less top-heavy this year (which it is), there may be value there.

There is almost NEVER value on futures bets, but if you wanted to take one.....
    OU has a rather soft schedule. Their non-con games, all at home, are Florida Atlantic, UCLA, and Army. They should have no problems there. Many people think that Texas is their main competition. (OU is 0-5 ATS in their last 5 efforts vs Texas). They also go to TCU and West Virginia. OU has a good chance of running the table. The question is whether or not they can defeat the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, or Washington in the first playoff game to get to the Championship game. One of the Semi Final games is being played in Jerryworld. How nice would things be for OU if they get to play there? Can OU replace Mayfield and 14 other players from last season's two deep roster?

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i said it elsewhere but it seems like national championships will probably be some variant of georgia/alabama, ohio state, clemson and another team.

i guess there are 9-10 contenders for that last spot or to knock off one of those perpetual finalists. but looking at recruiting lists, georgia, clemson and ohio state seem so far ahead of their direct competitors (alabama being exception to this hegemony in so many ways).

i'm a washington huskies fan but they aren't in same class as those 4 dominant programs.... hope i'm wrong about this vs. auburn in september

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    OU has a rather soft schedule. Their non-con games, all at home, are Florida Atlantic, UCLA, and Army. They should have no problems there. Many people think that Texas is their main competition. (OU is 0-5 ATS in their last 5 efforts vs Texas). They also go to TCU and West Virginia. OU has a good chance of running the table. The question is whether or not they can defeat the likes of Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, or Washington in the first playoff game to get to the Championship game. One of the Semi Final games is being played in Jerryworld. How nice would things be for OU if they get to play there? Can OU replace Mayfield and 14 other players from last season's two deep roster?
    I just found out, not only are they favored in every game, but favored by 6 or more!

Kyler Murray is supposed to be very good, and there's no reason to think he won't be. RB Rodney Anderson is a star. Their D was better last year under Reilly, which we didn't expect.

I'm very bullish on Texas this year, that would be the one team to take them down.

My point I guess was if you have a team 25-1 for example to win it all, and the chances of them getting to the final 4 are well above average, regardless of what they would be after that, take a chance.