bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

5 UTEP players arrested after weekend brawl

This sure doesn't help out the Minors chances this year at all.

5 UTEP players, former teammate arrested after weekend brawl

EL PASO, Texas (AP) -- Five underage Texas-El Paso players and a linebacker recently kicked off the team were arrested after police responded to a weekend brawl outside a downtown bar.

Two 20-year-old sophomores -- receiver Tufick Shadrawy and linebacker Brian Wilkins -- were arrested on charges of assault on a public servant and interference with public duties. Shadrawy also was accused of attempting to take a weapon from a law enforcement officer, and Wilkins was accused of resisting arrest.

Sophomore defensive back Damon Cromartie, 20, was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct.

Linebacker Isaiah Carter and defensive back Brandon Thigpen, both 17-year-old freshmen, were accused of public intoxication.

Emeri Spence, 22, was arrested on charges of interference with public duties and resisting arrest. He was recently kicked off the team, UTEP officials said.

All six have been released from jail. It wasn't clear from jail records whether they had attorneys. Police officials didn't immediately return a call Tuesday seeking comment.

UTEP coach Mike Price said in a statement Monday he was "monitoring the situation and will take disciplinary action if necessary."

BrentCrude
    BrentCrude's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

It's a good thing they didn't get arrested in Juarez or just ticked off someone there

You mean these wonderful kids that get recruited by colleges who say that they also have great academic and civic records get into trouble where they get arrested????I suppose by now the coach is saying it was a total missunderstanding and they are good boys who were in the wrong racist area of town at the wrong time being picked on and had to retaliate.

O.K,I know allot of 20 year old kids from all over of all different cultures and races that get into trouble but for athletes the percentage has to be quadruple the average.You think with so much to lose and to have notoriety where they stick out like sore thumbs they would play it cool and understand you can't go out looking for action.I guess the tax payers of Texas are to blame that they didn't hire enough tutors,babysitters , butt wipers ,concubines and fluff course councilors to keep the kids in line.

I bet all of these wonderful kids were taking meaningful classes in the math and sciences and were all going for engineers.Geesh,Texas El Paso is supposed to be for that stuff so when did they institute courses like diversity training counciling,communications,sports shoe marketing,golf green maintenance and womens and African American studies.
    Last edited by BrentCrude; 07-11-07 at 11:49 AM.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will Price sweep this under the rug...

linebacker
    linebacker's Avatar Become A Pro!

not a chance

bigboydan

Anyone have any update on this mess?

pags11

UTEP coach Mike Price said in a statement Monday he was "monitoring the situation and will take disciplinary action if necessary."

yes, linebacker, I think he is...

bigboydan

I'm going to bump this story, because I know Ebone was looking at the UTEP/New Mexico game in week 1.

pags11

I'm not sure what to make of that game...