BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Early Look At Teams To Fade In September

Some teams to potentially fade in September:

LSU. The Tigers lose just about their entire starting defense, and possibly 8 starters on offense, including their entire starting backfield. Orgeron still can not win the big games, as his choke job against Notre Dame proved last bowl season. Opening the season in Jerry World against Miami, going to Auburn, and hosting Ole Miss before the trip to Florida may give LSU three good fade opportunities.

USC. The Trojans must find replacements for QB Darnold and RB Jones II. Normally that could be a tough task, but with back to back games at Stanford and Texas in September, plus a trip to Tucson to play Arizona, it could be a rough start ATS for USC.

UCLA. A unique situation here for UCLA. Not only do they lose QB Rosen, but the also lose 8 other starters on offense. The defense, which is rarely good, loses 4. The problem is that new HC Kelly is going to attract some money for UCLA. Games at OU and Colorado (0-5 ATS in the past 5 games) will be tough enough, but do not discount Fresno State either. A September bye is no help at all.

Wisconsin. Wisky opens the season with three games at home, against rather soft competition. They should be big favorites in each game and therein lies the problem. Wisky has never been known to depend on it's offense to win games, but this season they lose 7 starters and 4 2nd string back ups on the defense. The Badgers are going to give up some points and that is going to cost them some games ATS.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i see phil steele has UCLA last in its pac 12 division......... u think kelly can work some magic early? some young defensive talent but losing alot of starters (including top QB) from team that mediocre anyway.

gojetsgomoxies

darnold seems like such unique positive event for USC........ i think future QB's are more likely to be closer to max browne... darnold made things happen esp. early in his starting reign when USC really needed it.

gojetsgomoxies

LSU has such superior talent to many of their opponents. they won alot with no passing offense for years... i like orgeron as a hire. not sure where things stand now......... but i would be bullish on LSU vs. a win total they've handily beaten many times in the recent past.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I never have had a lot of respect for Steele and this year will be no different. UCLA will not win the Pac 12 South, but should certainly finish ahead of Arizona State, who will be lucky to win two conference games all season. As far as LSU is concerned, Coach O wins the easy games, but not the tough ones. With games against Miami, Florida, and Georgia plus the usual SEC West suspects, he will be lucky to win 8 games this season.